### Jets \ Bills --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good win but our defense needs to tighten up big time. Last week we allowed Dalton to do anything he wanted when he wasn't on his back and this week we let Taylor throw for 300 and allowed 2 inexcusable long TD's. This is the same bills team that score 7 point and had a total of 150 yards against the ravens.

5 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

2 games into the season and this team is already one of the most frustrating in recent memory . 

you can see the talent and potential on the field but the mistakes and propensity to give up big plays is so f'ing frustrating.   I'm not even sure week 2 was an improvement from week 1 but it was great to get a win on the road after facing adversity.   Getting to 2-1 next week would be huge.  

This is so true.  Jets had two wide receivers over one hundred yards, another at 92, and a running back with 100 yards.  They put up 37 points. And the game HAD to go down the last play of the game 

The Bills got 393 total yards of offense Between two long pass plays and Bowles' vanilla defense on their last drive, they gained 230 of those 393 yards.  

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

He cannot play defense for these guys. Offensively that was a really good effort. Defense is where it was really rough. Basically Bills didn't have a sustained drive, all they got they got was 2 big pass plays and a defensive TD. 

He can call the plays, and calling such a vanilla defense on the last drive was weak.

Just now, LionelRichie said:

2 games into the season and this team is already one of the most frustrating in recent memory . 

you can see the talent and potential on the field but the mistakes and propensity to give up big plays is so f'ing frustrating.   I'm not even sure week 2 was an improvement from week 1 but it was great to get a win on the road after facing adversity.   Getting to 2-1 next week would be huge.  

It's better to be good than lucky. You can fix mistakes. Reminds me of Rex' teams the first couple of years where we got lucky a lot.

Once we build our confidence we will start dominating teams. I don't want to be comeback kids. I want to feel like we're going to win as long as we have enough time.

This is the way the Pat's, and the Steelers have played like forever. I remember the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys were this way. Down by 20 they still had no doubt they would win, and their opponent did too. They just prayed they could hang on long enough. 

We are the better team. Things do not have to bounce right for us. We do need to learn to trust in that but Mac has built a superiorly talented team. They only need to learn to believe it. 

4 minutes ago, jeaniec said:

I don't think I'm going to have to do that if this keeps us.  I hope this is not our 4-12 year.

Oh! Don't worry about a 4-12 year. What'll happen is that they'll fire the GM, keep Rex, and then they'll hire a bookkeeper from the Rams to be the new GM. NBD. It'll be fun.

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

For what? Using logic properly and seeing what the coach is doing. Keeping a cool head under pressure? Please

United, it was not a good call.  First off, not going for two was just out-right dumb;  I get he is trying to protect the quick strike, but that was WAY too vanilla.

We won; that's all that counts.  But he made some questionable coaching calls.  He did do better with game management and preserving time-outs.  And I agree his calmness on the sidelines is a good affect on the players.

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

@CanadaSteve

Weird. Guess you're right. No one else thinks like me. 

If I was the OC I would give Powell some series and not pull Forte on 3rd downs.

That said. Forte is so smooth, like Eric Dickerson in my mind that he never seems to take a solid hit.I think he has at least a few more top quality years left in him. 

Powell has hit a whole nother level in my view though, that I think he could do some great things if allowed to build some rhythm. 

Archived