Bowles should be blamed

j4jets

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The team did not show up to play today..and it does seem to happen with the Bowles Jets relatively often.

With that said, you don't fire him....he's the coach of this team and we need to give him some time.  

I thought the D didn't look too bad, all things considered.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hey, coach, thanks for the first winning season in 4 years but since we started out 1-2 this season, we're going to have to let you go. Thanks for trying. 

Do you realize how inept that sounds? Just not going to happen guys. 

Nor should it happen. Complete over exaggeration. When we beat Seattle next week they'll all be praising him. Bowles has a .580 winning percentage thus far as a head coach... so that's like what 2nd best % all time for the Jets behind parcels? 

To me the biggest problem with both Bowles and Gailey is they seem incapable of making in-game adjustments.  KC was killing our D with short crossing routes the entire 1st half.  To be fair, if Bowles is calling the Defensive plays it did look like things got better in the 2nd half.  But with Gailey it was just like last year's Buffalo game.  Sutton had him figured out down to the route trees today.  Yet, he just kept doing the same stuff over and over again.  If the secondary has diagnosed your QB's vertical game, why not keep going to Powell and Forte and make them adjust?  Seemed to me the run game was working today. Yet on every red zone possession he had Fitz slinging it...

It's more than Bowles.  We have a problem deep in the core of the team.

Since Bill Parcells left town, every time we have a big division win or a bye week we no-show the next week.  This team gets full of itself, reads the newspapers, enjoys the pats on the back, act like they've won something when they haven't.  Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, now Bowles.

It is high time we call out David Harris, Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis, and other long-time vets who over and over again let us get way too high after a big win and way too inept the next week.  We didn't get off the bus today.  These core guys who have been here since this malaise started need to get their sh-t together.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Since Bill Parcells left town, every time we have a big division win or a bye week we no-show the next week.  This team gets full of itself, reads the newspapers, enjoys the pats on the back, act like they've won something when they haven't.  Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, now Bowles.

It is high time we call out David Harris, Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis, and other long-time vets who over and over again let us get way too high after a big win and way too inept the next week.  We didn't get off the bus today.  These core guys who have been here since this malaise started need to get their sh-t together.

SAR I

Fitzpatrick threw 6 INTs those guys you call out had nothing to do with it 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Morons. All of you. You want to fire a head coach with a winning record

Are you related to Bowles? He has been out coached in 2 of 3 games this year and he looks clueless at times. He has some good personnel on this team that is not being used properly. He got taken to the woodshed today by Reid. The SNY guys were ripping him today and I think they might know a little more about football than you do.

Are you related to Bowles? He has been out coached in 2 of 3 games this year and he looks clueless at times. He has some good personnel on this team that is not being used properly. He got taken to the woodshed today by Reid. The SNY guys were ripping him today and I think they might know a little more about football than you do.

I remember that time Brady threw 6 picks with 8 total turnovers and Belichek coached their asses into a win anyway. Wait, what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

I remember that time Brady threw 6 picks with 8 total turnovers and Belichek coached their asses into a win anyway. Wait, what?

What about the total lack of a clue defensively. 10 days to plan and they didn't do anything to take away the things that Smith does well. Whenever he had to make a play he made it. KC toyed with the jets today on both sides of the ball. #Embarrassing.

44 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick threw 6 INTs those guys you call out had nothing to do with it 

If Fitzpatrick didn't throw any INT's today, we still lose the game.

The team didn't get off the bus today, our defense and special teams were atrocious.

SAR I

What about the total lack of a clue defensively. 10 days to plan and they didn't do anything to take away the things that Smith does well. Whenever he had to make a play he made it. KC toyed with the jets today on both sides of the ball. #Embarrassing.

8 turnovers. 3 picks in the end zone. 1 pick 6. End of story.

The team didn't get off the bus today, our defense and special teams were atrocious.

SAR I

Potentially true, but we could have fielded the 85 bears on D and we still lose with 8 turnovers.

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

SAR I

How does this remotely make any sense when we were inside the 10 yard line 4 times and turned the ball over 3 of those times . Before the last pick 6, the Chiefs had 17 points .

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wentz beat the Steelers 

joewilly12

Because the Eagles had the #2 pick in the draft and took a franchise quarterback prospect and apparently hit the lottery.  We haven't gotten this lucky. 

Geno Smith's inability to outplay Carson Wentz is the reason we lost today, in fact.  See, you need to blame the right people.  Todd Bowles is 3-0 right now if Geno Smith in Year 4 plays like Carson Wentz in Year 1.  We'd have our franchise quarterback, we would have used Fitzpatrick's cap dollars on fast CB's, we would have drafted offensive linemen or tight ends instead of Petty and Hackenberg, the world is a different place if Geno Smith plays like the franchise quarterback we thought he was.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This I agree with 100% and was thinking about it watching the game. This team has no leaders. Watching Brandon Marshall trying to fire them up was kind of sad really. I love Brandon but he's just another in a long line of Faux Jets enjoying the spotlight & fame you get playing in NY and being able to do his Showtime Inside the NFL show. How about Revis? Is there another highly paid superstar that looks like he's mailing it in more than Revis right now? Do you see some of his half hearted attempts at tackling today? Harris is DONE. A Pats fan friend texted me that Harris looks like Mayo did before BB cut him.

When we make the transition to a young QB & move on from Harris, Marshall & Revis I want nothing to do with Todd Bowles. I can't stand coaches that are not engaged during a game. Plus, he's too timid & old school for this new NFL. Can you believe that he was actually scared to call TO on 3rd & 7 with 1:28 to go in the half? Even Mo Wilk could be seen mouthing "time out" shaking his head.

This new NFL takes people with balls, to make bold moves. Coaches that innovate. It's amazing to think that we are paying Revis, Fitz & Harris 37 million dollars,lol. Think about what you saw today & let that sink in. We've got some nice young players and I believe Macc is the right guy for the job but Todd Bowles does not exude confidence AT ALL! It's like kicking a FG from the 1 yard line up 7. BORING! Jets probably win that Cincy game with 1 bold decision to go for that.

Im sure your right, Jets will be 8-8, 7-9, another wasted season if we don't see what we have in Petty. I'm still optimistic about some of the talent, Leo, Mo, Sheldon, Jenkins, Lee (looks for real), Burriss looks good, Anderson, J.Marshall (stop fumbling), Quincy, maybe Devin Smith will be the real deal. Todd doesn't want to go full rebuild but seeing how bad the veterans played today it's completely necessary. I for one would be all for it knowing what to expect. 

Seeing this half & half team today of overpaid underachievers I'd rather watch younger players make the mistakes & learn something from them. I don't see what Revis, Harris, Marshall, Mangold, Fitz, can learn from getting their azzes whipped & contributing to the loss as much as any youngster did out there today. 

Reboot completely in 2017 & spare us the embarrassment of Sundays like today.

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

Not blaming Bowles for sh*t QB play.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  What's he going to do?  Turn Fitzpatrick into a good QB?  Replace him with Geno Smith, who is worse?

It's the QBs, people, not the coaches.  It was Sanchez.  It was Geno Smith.  It's Ryan Fitzpatrick.  You can't win when your QB gives the other team the ball.  You are handicapped each and every week with these kind of QBs.

You also can't win in the NFL with a HC who is afraid take chances on offense - regardless of your QB. Bowles not calling To's at the end of the first half today told me he's of the defensive conservative mindset that's ill suited to success in today's NFL.  I'm hoping this does not become a pattern , because if it does its a problem. 

43 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You also can't win in the NFL with a HC who is afraid take chances on offense - regardless of your QB. Bowles not calling To's at the end of the first half today told me he's of the defensive conservative mindset that's ill suited to success in today's NFL.  I'm hoping this does not become a pattern , because if it does its a problem. 

Maybe, but can't say he's responsible for this loss.

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

He's a wuss who has no balls. Not calling TOs when you have a shot to put up some points before half time was pretty poor. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He sucks PROOF AND POINT PROVEN 

You might be the worst fan to ever post on the Internet.  How old are you?  Seriously, who is this childish?  

Did you hold your breath and call for his head last week? Shlt, stop already, they lost a f'n game.  

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You might be the worst fan to ever post on the Internet.  How old are you?  Seriously, who is this childish?  

Did you hold your breath and call for his head last week? Shlt, stop already, they lost a f'n game.  

I think we were far more humiliated than the Texans n I thought that was horrific. 

1 hour ago, jfmckenna said:

I'm looking forward to the day that Mike Maccagnan gets to hire his own head coach.

Well considering his hand picked QB was Christian Hindenberg, I can wait for that day. The longer Steve Spurrier is out of a job, the better. 

Archived