We all hate this team

Jetster

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I do, right after the game. 

Used to be that I'd mope all day. Sometimes into Monday. If you're suggesting that aggravation and moping is the only way to be a real fan, then this conversation can be over.

After decades of getting duped, I decided that the AFC Championship Game at Pittsburgh was the last time I'd ever trust this team again.

So Buffalo last year and Miami this year don't bother me. I'm impenetrable. 

SAR I 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

After decades of getting duped, I decided that the AFC Championship Game at Pittsburgh was the last time I'd ever trust this team again.

So Buffalo last year and Miami this year don't bother me. I'm impenetrable. 

SAR I 

That was the game that did it to me too. No joke.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

When was the last time you truly hated the NY Jets? 

This current team is easy to hate. I can't stand team right now. I can't stand to look at Bowles with his cigar store Indian act. I absolutely ABHOR Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets wasting time with him. I can't stand Chan Gailey, who has zero creativity, it's like I was transported back to the 1990s with his inside handoff for 1 yard, inside handoff for 1 yard, 3rd & 8, punt. I found it hilarious that he was so afraid to let Petty throw it in the redzone but they bring Fitz back in & he literally closes his eyes & throws a pick to a Miami defender with not a Jet in sight.

I hate our new 85 million dollar man Mo Wilk, or the invisible man as I like to call him. I hate Kacey Rogers with a passion. I hate Calvin Pryor. I hate the fact we're paying David Harris 8 million dollars (I don't hate Harris but he's done as an NFL player). I hate Revis & his ole tackling, I hate Skrine who literally holds on every play, I hate Sheldon Richardson & his stupid comments, I hate Marcus (Charmin) Williams, I hate Woody Johnson, especially when he wears his Jet hat with a suit on. 

I really hate this whole group but for a few youngsters. I hate the fact that Marshall, Decker & Mangold lobbied for the worst QB in football, stunting the growth of a guy like Petty. Nick Foles @ 1.8 million would have been a better decision than Fitz who will still cost us 5 million on 2017s salary cap.

I don't even know who our special teams coach is but does he know you can squib kick if you think your kicker can't get it to the endzone. I've seen Belichick do that a few times in close games, I'm sure Ernie Adams figured, don't give up a big return. 

I hate this team as much as I've ever hated some of the worst Jet regimes. Herm (barbecue) Edwards, Bruce Coslet, Rexs last year. I can't even put Rich Kotite in the mix because his team fought like hell, and he discovered Chrebet.

This is for sure one of the unlikeable Jet teams in history. It's amazing with this group of misfits that we're right up against the salary cap! You can see there's too many players here that don't give a sh*t, well neither do I. Like others here I'm not even watching unless they move on to Petty. I hope there's 30,000 empty seats next weak if Fitz gets the start.

great post jetser

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

After going to the Championship the year before the team showed no hunger, no urgency, no leadership, didn't even get off the bus.  It's unfathomable. We wait 20 years for that day, they treat it like an exhibition.

Until the bastards that did that to us are flushed from the roster we won't ever win again. Revis, Harris, Mangold, they all don't care, they poison newcomers like Richardson and Wilkerson with their malaise, they undermine whatever coaching staff we bring aboard.

SAR I 

I actually think the team isn't as far off as people make it. Our Qb plays leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't hate Fitz, I understand and expect his limitations but also understand his role on this team. 

Like the WRs

always liked Powell in a limited role, pleasantly surprised by forte 

OL needs addressing

DL is disappointing because of high expectations and then the massacre they put on week 1 but by no means are they bad 

LB could be upgraded but again not bad 

DB is where I have some problems. I hate revis, and at his salary he is not performing up to, keep hoping Pryor is good but seems to be becoming more and more unlikely rest of the guys are ehh

kicker is basically best jets ever had 

punter seems to be good 

not sure how I feel about Bowles  I like his common non wavering low key demeanor but the way this team is playing I dunno

gailey schemes pretty well seems to get cute sometimes but so does the rest of the NFL 

team needs some tweaks and def needs much better QB play but it ain't as bad as people are making it out to be 

I completely understand the frustration of the OP. I don't know if I could say "I hate this team". But I HATE losing and I HATE rebuilding or watching a team that looks hopeless. It's been way tooo long for me. I will continue to watch, but as I said in the game thread today, I don't get excited anymore. It is what it is.

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has brought this team to an all time low and this brillo beard head coach is a moron. 

Im seriously considering putting away all my Jets stuff and not watching anymore of this crap this season. 

Please?

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I presume going back out on the beach and having a Pina Colada will suffice rather nicely, I'd imagine.

A couple Cadillac Margaritas and a whole fish over at Joe Jack's Fish Shack won't hurt. Gracias!

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm not suggesting anything.

I'm telling a guy who didn't care enough to watch the game, and proclaims his massive disinterest, that he's a fairweather fan.  

Beach or not, winning or not, interesting or not, fans watch the game.

How one chooses to feel after is up to them.  Mope, don't mope, waste four hours posting to a forum full of chuckleheads, whatever floats ones boat.

Me, I'm gonna go watch Game of Thrones.  Have a great evening.

you just started watching this?

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

When was the last time you truly hated the NY Jets? 

This current team is easy to hate. I can't stand team right now. I can't stand to look at Bowles with his cigar store Indian act. I absolutely ABHOR Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets wasting time with him. I can't stand Chan Gailey, who has zero creativity, it's like I was transported back to the 1990s with his inside handoff for 1 yard, inside handoff for 1 yard, 3rd & 8, punt. I found it hilarious that he was so afraid to let Petty throw it in the redzone but they bring Fitz back in & he literally closes his eyes & throws a pick to a Miami defender with not a Jet in sight.

I hate our new 85 million dollar man Mo Wilk, or the invisible man as I like to call him. I hate Kacey Rogers with a passion. I hate Calvin Pryor. I hate the fact we're paying David Harris 8 million dollars (I don't hate Harris but he's done as an NFL player). I hate Revis & his ole tackling, I hate Skrine who literally holds on every play, I hate Sheldon Richardson & his stupid comments, I hate Marcus (Charmin) Williams, I hate Woody Johnson, especially when he wears his Jet hat with a suit on. 

I really hate this whole group but for a few youngsters. I hate the fact that Marshall, Decker & Mangold lobbied for the worst QB in football, stunting the growth of a guy like Petty. Nick Foles @ 1.8 million would have been a better decision than Fitz who will still cost us 5 million on 2017s salary cap.

I don't even know who our special teams coach is but does he know you can squib kick if you think your kicker can't get it to the endzone. I've seen Belichick do that a few times in close games, I'm sure Ernie Adams figured, don't give up a big return. 

I hate this team as much as I've ever hated some of the worst Jet regimes. Herm (barbecue) Edwards, Bruce Coslet, Rexs last year. I can't even put Rich Kotite in the mix because his team fought like hell, and he discovered Chrebet.

This is for sure one of the unlikeable Jet teams in history. It's amazing with this group of misfits that we're right up against the salary cap! You can see there's too many players here that don't give a sh*t, well neither do I. Like others here I'm not even watching unless they move on to Petty. I hope there's 30,000 empty seats next weak if Fitz gets the start.

And I like the fact that you hate the Jets. I hate this current team also. Hate Calvin Pryor, Fitzpatrick, Gailey and most of all Todd Bowles. None of these should be Jets next year. I am not a knee jerk kind of guy and I usually would never call for a HC's job after just two seasons, but I can't believe that a guy who calls Bill Parcells and Bruce Arians as "mentors" has so little cahonies. I mean this guy is gutless as I have ever seen a HC be.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I'm in Puerto Vallarta right now. I decided to find an update on the game from the beach, and instead found a link to a live feed. This was the fourth quarter, the game was close, and I was pretty psyched to watch the actual CBS feed on my phone. So what do I get to see? Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing a pick in the endzone nowhere even close to a green jersey. 

I honestly can't recall a time I was this disinterested in this team. 

I have watched less Jets football this year than at any time in my 45 years of following the team. I watched the first three games and today since it was against the Fish. I won't watch again until Petty or Hack is starting and/or Bowles is fired. I'm guessing I won't watch another game this season

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has brought this team to an all time low and this brillo beard head coach is a moron. 

Im seriously considering putting away all my Jets stuff and not watching anymore of this crap this season. 

Don't blame you. I was a lot less stressed the last several weeks. It's just not worth it with the garbage product they're putting out

We all the the Jets, but this is really an likeable team.

They are horribly coached and have too many veteran players who are injured and/or ineffective.

I thought Bowles ran a tight ship last year?   What happened to him?  We don't want instability or a short fuse, but there is too much bad coaching and lack of discipline on this team.  Maybe it comes from Bowles sticking with Fitz.

Bowles, and his coaches indirectly, report to Woody.  Woody has not created a good product.  If coaching gets an F this year (could you honestly give it better?), GM gets C.

Hire a Football Director Woody.

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Was it the one the Special teams unit blew (yet again)?  If so, yes.

Food for frustration, specials has now cost us three wins this year.

Even with Fitz and as horrible as he has played, and Defense, as horrific as it's been, we're 6-3 today if our specials didn't suck.

Lol!

And if my Aunt had balls........

I can play this game too. If the opposing defenses didn't drop about 100 easy interceptions Fitz threw right to them, we would be 1-8

I disliked Geno towards the end of his time here.  But there are no words to describe the way I feel about Fitz.  I'll try.... He's the Anti-Christ, Justin Beiber and Bono rolled into one.  He's cocky for no reason at all.  He take needless hits because he's not talented enough to get a first down.  if there was a perfect man who embodied everything I hated in the Universe.... It's Ryan Joseph Fitzpatrick.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

This.

I like the team, bad as it is, more than many of it's fans, tbqh.

There is a term for this.  "Fairweather fan".

Enjoy the beach.

I think a guy who checks in on the Jets on his vacation, is much more than a fair weather fan.

What is likeable or interesting about this team?  The poster used the term disinterested, I personally use the term detached.  How can you logically watch/follow this team, and be excited about what you see?

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Herm has Penny take a knee & lose 3 yards before the FG, CLASSIC! 

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" Um taking a knee instead of trying to get a closer FG is about as far as playing to win the game as you can get. That game was torture! So was Cleveland in 86. Miami in 82. These young kids have no clue how torturous this team has been to its fans. 

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick gave us a lead with 5 minutes left. The defense didn't give up a home run. 

Special teams blew it. 

Did I miss something?

SAR I

If Mr. INT doesn't throw an interception in the end zone with no Jet in sight, the ST play doesn't matter. At any rate how do you or anyone else know what would have happened if that play didn't occur? The fish certainly could have drove down the field and scored a touchdown anyway

31 minutes ago, varjet said:

We all the the Jets, but this is really an likeable team.

They are horribly coached and have too many veteran players who are injured and/or ineffective.

I thought Bowles ran a tight ship last year?   What happened to him?  We don't want instability or a short fuse, but there is too much bad coaching and lack of discipline on this team.  Maybe it comes from Bowles sticking with Fitz.

Bowles, and his coaches indirectly, report to Woody.  Woody has not created a good product.  If coaching gets an F this year (could you honestly give it better?), GM gets C.

Hire a Football Director Woody.

He had a cake schedule so a lot of his flaws were masked. The Buffalo game last year told me all I needed to know about both Bowles and Fitz

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Herm has Penny take a knee & lose 3 yards before the FG, CLASSIC! 

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" Um taking a knee instead of trying to get a closer FG is about as far as playing to win the game as you can get. That game was torture! So was Cleveland in 86. Miami in 82. These young kids have no clue how torturous this team has been to its fans. 

Bingo. That's why I'm just fed up and refuse to watch a garbage product anymore. Enough is enough

2 minutes ago, billo83 said:

He had a cake schedule so a lot of his flaws were masked. The Buffalo game last year told me all I needed to know about both Bowles and Fitz

This is Mangini all over again but even worse.  

Cake schedule first season and gets exposed immediately after once we start playing actual NFL teams.

This team has taken on the personality of its coach...it has none. Boring as boring can be. They always start slow on defense because they have no fire, they have no leaders, they play stupid ball, they don't even listen. 

Fitz can't lead because a leader has to be someone you can believe in. Does anyone on this board believe for one moment that these players don't know that Fitz can't beat a team with a winning record? 

What do you think they're thinking when he threw that balloon ball to 3 Dolphin defenders with not a Jet jersey in sight? There thinking I busted my azz for that? 

I was excited to see Petty take the field. It was a huge bummer to see Fitz come back in. I've never seen an organization that strives to be mediocre. The funniest thing that happened in the offseason was the fan fair the media gave to Fitzpatrick resigning with the Jets like our savior had arrived, lol. A 12 year vet that had never taken any team to the playoffs & has never beaten a team with a winning record on the road in 12 years. This team deserves everything it's getting, but the fans certainly don't!

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

This is Mangini all over again but even worse.  

Cake schedule first season and gets exposed immediately after once we start playing actual NFL teams.

And true to the Jets, they will give him several years to correct his mistakes instead of recognizing he's not head coaching material and cutting bait

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Was it the one the Special teams unit blew (yet again)?  If so, yes.

Food for frustration, specials has now cost us three wins this year.

Even with Fitz and as horrible as he has played, and Defense, as horrific as it's been, we're 6-3 today if our specials didn't suck.

Lol!

Wasn't there a ST coach w a really good reputation that we had a chance to sign but Bowles specifically chose to sign the guy we have now?

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This team has taken on the personality of its coach...it has none. Boring as boring can be. They always start slow on defense because they have no fire, they have no leaders, they play stupid ball, they don't even listen. 

Fitz can't lead because a leader has to be someone you can believe in. Does anyone on this board believe for one moment that these players don't know that Fitz can't beat a team with a winning record? 

What do you think they're thinking when he threw that balloon ball to 3 Dolphin defenders with not a Jet jersey in sight? There thinking I busted my azz for that? 

I was excited to see Petty take the field. It was a huge bummer to see Fitz come back in. I've never seen an organization that strives to be mediocre. The funniest thing that happened in the offseason was the fan fair the media gave to Fitzpatrick resigning with the Jets like our savior had arrived, lol. A 12 year vet that had never taken any team to the playoffs & has never beaten a team with a winning record on the road in 12 years. This team deserves everything it's getting, but the fans certainly don't!

Excellent post. I lost a lot of respect for Mac when he signed this bum, especially when said bum rejected the initial ridiculous offer made to a career loser. 

Archived