Romo to Jets? Not so Fast

JetNation

NY Jets Helmet

By Glenn Naughton

Any Jets fans hoping to see Tony Romo under center for Gang Green next season had their parade rained on a bit today regarding the quarterback’s future.

Officially the back-up for remainder of the season in Dallas due to a breakout rookie year from Dak Prescott, Romo’s departure from Dallas is a foregone conclusion, and more than a few outlets have listed the Jets as a possible landing spot which makes little sense from a practical standpoint.  Now, Ian Rapoport is reporting that Romo will have some say in where he goes, and he’s got his eyes on Denver.

A healthy Romo in the Mile High City could easily lead to another Super Bowl win for the Broncos, but who knows if Romo will ever be healthy again.

Having missed almost all of last season with a fractured clavicle and the first 9 weeks of this season with a back injury, Romo will forever be viewed as a fragile veteran who could find himself on IR at the drop of a hat.  Just what logo is on that hat remains to be seen.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
96FIIMy7uc4

Click here to read the full story...

If the Jets want to get off the merry go round of mediocrity, they have to avoid signing one of these mediocre veteran QBs (with the expectation of him being the starter) at all costs. Assuming Romo were to stay healthy (a huge if), he would have, at most, 2-3 seasons and the team would be looking for a QB to develop again. Take your lumps with Petty and Hack next year and, if necessary, bomb the season. 

Once again the media works its way backwards.  Romo needs a team, Jets dont know who their QB will be next season therefore they become a possible landing spot.  Then they wonder if Romo would want to come here.  A team that had shown zero interest.  

And shouldnt.   Neither should anyone else.  Who would actually trade, giving up assets for him? 

3 hours ago, JetNation said:

NY Jets Helmet

By Glenn Naughton

A healthy Romo in the Mile High City could easily lead to another Super Bowl win for the Broncos, but who knows if Romo will ever be healthy again.

Having missed almost all of last season with a fractured clavicle and the first 9 weeks of this season with a back injury, Romo will forever be viewed as a fragile veteran who could find himself on IR at the drop of a hat.  Just what logo is on that hat remains to be seen.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

96FIIMy7uc4

Click here to read the full story...

That is why I do not want Romo. As I said in another thread the guy is so brittle that if someone in the huddle sneezes his fragile collarbone could break. NO TO ROMO. Gimme Cousins if the Redskins let him go. While I would love to build with young talent THIS TEAM IS NOT BUILT FOR THAT RIGHT NOW. So if you want to blow it all up and take devastating cap hits and wait for a new GM and head coach to start all over AGAIN then I suggest you wait for the 2021 season and quit your nonsense. To put a watchable product on the field the Jets almost have to bring in a veteran QB so those young draft picks can do what they do best......hold a clipboard until ready.

12 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

The last thing I want is another broken down has-been. Need young QB for future. If the management does not have faith in Petty or Hack then chase Garopolo or Glennon or draft.

So you want to give Garopolo a bunch of cash based on what? A few starts and a season ending injury to boot. Ask the Texans how happy they are signing a guy based on a small sample size. Not to mention that signing has turned one of the League's best young receivers(who excelled with no names throwing him the ball btw) into an after thought.

I am so tried of hearing Glennon's name. Here's a news flash. If Glennon was any good he would be STARTING! They would not have drafted another QB if he could do the job! I don't understand why you can't see that. Don't give me that bull that he just need's a chance. If he was the answer he would already be the answer for the team that drafted him. Enough about Glennon. SHEESH.

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

I think the Broncos will be interested.  Siemian can only go so far,. Lynch sucks , Elway wants to win now.

Whats Romo won, 1 playoff game his entire career?

Older and made of glass he becomes a championship QB?

Dont see it

26 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

So you want to give Garopolo a bunch of cash based on what? A few starts and a season ending injury to boot. Ask the Texans how happy they are signing a guy based on a small sample size. Not to mention that signing has turned one of the League's best young receivers(who excelled with no names throwing him the ball btw) into an after thought.

I am so tried of hearing Glennon's name. Here's a news flash. If Glennon was any good he would be STARTING! They would not have drafted another QB if he could do the job! I don't understand why you can't see that. Don't give me that bull that he just need's a chance. If he was the answer he would already be the answer for the team that drafted him. Enough about Glennon. SHEESH.

I loved Garapolo before he went to the Pats.

Nothing he has done in NE says he cant develop, nothing has taken away from my original thoughts on him.

QBs drafted by one regime who never proved themselves are tossed aside like old shoes by a new regime if they have the opportunity to start over.  Having a stud QB sitting in front of you your first season with a team, as happened with L Smith, you take Jameis every time.  

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

All you anti romo people better pray petty works out. Pray hard 

Why?  Hes not what we need.  

Romo makes no sense here.  Could care less what he does somewhere else, doesnt change a thing.  He still has no place here.  

41 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So what's your qb solution? Petty?

We'll see, who knows how the rest of the season will play out with Petty.  Who knows where Hackenberg will be next camp, after the offseason.  Who knows who will be available as outside options.  One thing I know, Romo isnt the solution

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

He is still better than Siemian and Lynch

I'd take my chances with Siemian.  At least his back wont blow up on their first drive

If someone told the Jets you could pick between the two I'd take Siemian over Romo.  Whats Romo at this time?  A recovering QB who hasnt played in almost 2 years?  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'd take my chances with Siemian.  At least his back wont blow up on their first drive

If someone told the Jets you could pick between the two I'd take Siemian over Romo.  Whats Romo at this time?  A recovering QB who hasnt played in almost 2 years?  

Siemian is going to get his shot this year.  If he doesn't win a Super Bowl or at least make a serious run Elway is going to go after Romo.

And besides it's not like they can't keep Siemian if they get Romo.

Archived