Todd Bowles accolade thread

Jetster

With Todd Bowles decision that Fitzpatrick will be the starter next Monday, I thought this would be a great time to have fans list Todd Bowles coaching decisions they love most from the first 27 games. That's a pretty good window of games to list some of his best in game decisions.

I'll go first....um....uh....um....you know what? I'm gonna let some other Jet fans start, I'm having just a bit of a problem with my memory as I'm going on 60.

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

With Todd Bowles decision that Fitzpatrick will be the starter next Monday, I thought this would be a great time to have fans list Todd Bowles coaching decisions they love most from the first 27 games. That's a pretty good window of games to list some of his best in game decisions.

I'll go first....um....uh....um....you know what? I'm gonna let some other Jet fans start, I'm having just a bit of a problem with my memory as I'm going on 60.

1 minute ago, Kevin L said:

I liked how he named Fitz the starter....before Fitz even signed the contract.

I liked that also  even if he didn't .

I liked how he gave Geno Smith and Petty all summer to make Fitz a memory and they couldn't

I liked how he benched Mo and Sheldon when they gave him no choice

I liked how he benched Fitz for Geno when it was time to do so .

I like how he's the same person no matter what's going on around him

I like how the Man has a plan, and is willing to execute his plan to the detriment of his job

The New York Jets have a HC who gives the media as little as he has too, could care less what the fans think and is keeping what goes on at the AHJTC park in house .

How everyone keeps saying he has no balls or guts. Yet he decides to do the opposite of what almost all fan, media, talking head, football expert is saying he should do because that's what he feels is best for the team. If that doesn't take guts then I don't know what does. Even though all he hears and reads is he should be fired and called a bunch of lame insults. 

10 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

How everyone keeps saying he has no balls or guts. Yet he decides to do the opposite of what almost all fan, media, talking head, football expert is saying he should do because that's what he feels is best for the team. If that doesn't take guts then I don't know what does. Even though all he hears and reads is he should be fired and called a bunch of lame insults. 

There is a difference between balls/guts and being a idiot, maybe its a fine line but he appears to be crossing that threshold. 

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I liked how he gave Geno Smith and Petty all summer to make Fitz a memory and they couldn't

I like how the Man has a plan, and is willing to execute his plan to the detriment of his job

The New York Jets have a HC who gives the media as little as he has too, could care less what the fans think and is keeping what goes on at the AHJTC park in house .

IMO, it just shows a certain close-mindedness. Geno and Petty had no shot at being the starter because, in Bowles' mind, Fitzpatrick was the guy. No matter what any other QB did in training camp/preseason.

Mo and Sheldon reportedly are constantly no shows for meetings. Benching them for 1 quarter in 1 game is about as lame a punishment as you can get.

He might have a plan, but is that plan any good? Right now, it doesn't seem to be.

20 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Wow you've managed to fictionalize a whole narrative for him.

2 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

IMO, it just shows a certain close-mindedness. Geno and Petty had no shot at being the starter because, in Bowles' mind, Fitzpatrick was the guy. No matter what any other QB did in training camp/preseason.

Mo and Sheldon reportedly are constantly no shows for meetings. Benching them for 1 quarter in 1 game is about as lame a punishment as you can get.

He might have a plan, but is that plan any good? Right now, it doesn't seem to be.

Coming off last season it would have been wrong to name anyone else the starter with Fitzpatrick on the roster and that's what the coach said . The problem is, he wasn't, and 2 other QBs were and neither proved worthy of taking the starting Job .  There are folks here who are convinced that Petty outplayed Geno in preseason, yet those same folks can't rap their minds around why Fitz got Benched for Geno, but Petty can't get on the field . This is not rocket science.

He's a good coach. 

Hes got a sh*t secondary and 0 to work with at outside Linebacker.

is jack del rio suddenly Vince Lombardi? 

Just stop. He's good, not great. You don't need a great coach to win a super bowl. It takes a great team. 

Having a great coach sure helps, but the great ones sure ain't coming here.

1 minute ago, SOJ said:

4th and two yards to go and he punts.  How many times did you see BB go for it on 4th yesterday....  AS another poster said he has a plan but I say what plan...  F him this stiff... 

Beli has a HOF cheater as his QB and the officials in his back pocket, while Bowles has the smart guy from the IVY league school . Fitz is the Wall street banker while Brady is the guy in the Ski Mask . 

Any more questions .

16 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Coming off last season it would have been wrong to name anyone else the starter with Fitzpatrick on the roster and that's what the coach said . The problem is, he wasn't, and 2 other QBs were and neither proved worthy of taking the starting Job .  There are folks here who are convinced that Petty outplayed Geno in preseason, yet those same folks can't rap their minds around why Fitz got Benched for Geno, but Petty can't get on the field . This is not rocket science.

Bowles named Fitz the starter, while at the same time saying Geno and Petty weren't going to win the starting job in practice. Ok, so Fitz plays in the games no matter how poorly he plays or how well anyone else plays in practice. How can anyone win the job if they can't play no matter how good they do in practice?

okay, last year the team was 10-6. you do better.

to be sure, bowles has some faults and if he has lost the team he should be launched.  but it is way too early to make that decision.  the team still needs to settle on too many key players to lay all the blame at bowles' feet. people should note that the bungles are 3-7-1 with marvin lewis as hc and the red ryder at qb.

Well. That was a great exercise, 27 games and not one in game call that anyone can remember. Now, how about the mistakes he's made?

I'll start. First game of the year. Jets up 7-0, Jets drive down to the half yard line, Metlife is wild with excitement, the Jets running game is ripping through the Bengals, the entire stadium is expecting him to go for a TD on 4th down because the momentum is all Jets, plus he has what everyone has said is the 2nd best Dline in the NFL so even if you fail, the Bengals will start on their own half yard line. 

BUT NO!!!!!! He chooses the pussy way like ALWAYS and runs out his FG kicker because Bowles is OLD SCHOOL conservative & gotta take the automatic FG.

BLOCKED! The entire momentum SUCKED RIGHT OUT OF THE STADIUM. 

EVERY DECISION he's made since has been NOT TO LOSE! Bowles is not a CLOSER! So his team can't close either. They all play like the other shoe is about to drop, that attitude comes from the coach

Archived