Giving Anderson credit

CobraVerde

I'm shocked he's not an all pro rookie UDFA? I mean he's had Fitz leading his speed with those strong arm throws.

Um, Petty, strong arm, Anderson 6-99 yards. Brandon Marshall was right, Robbie is a player to watch now they we have someone who can out throw his speed.

He's what Devin Smith was supposed to be.

Seriously, if Devin Smith was doing exactly what Anderson is doing now we'd be pretty happy and think a 2nd round pick was appropriate.

Anderson is still just a rookie.  I think he's got real knuckle head potential so I don't know if he'll progress up to his physical potential but he has top tier speed and leaping ability, at times has shown very good hands and has above average fight on 50/50 balls.

Crap? Crap you say?  What have you been watching?  I am flabbergasted by your opinion.

He has shown more potential than anybody from the Jets 2016 rookie class.  And it isn't close.

In fact, Robby is probably already the 3rd or 4th best rookie WR in the NFL, period.

He isnt polished yet.  Drops some balls. But Robby Anderson creates separation with ease.  An innate, natural ability to change direction and accelerate effortlessly.  There are a lot of guys that have been in the league several years that could never say that at any time in their career.

Player A :  71 targets, 37 receptions (52% catch rate), 530 yards, 14.3 yards per reception, no rushing, 2 TD

Robby Anderson:  62 targets, 34 receptions (54% catch rate), 464 yard, 13.6 yards per reception, 3 rushes- 42 yards, 1 TD

Player A has elite talent around him, mediocre QB at best.  Also got full run this year.   

Who is he?

39 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Player A :  71 targets, 37 receptions (52% catch rate), 530 yards, 14.3 yards per reception, no rushing, 2 TD

Robby Anderson:  62 targets, 34 receptions (54% catch rate), 464 yard, 13.6 yards per reception, 3 rushes- 42 yards, 1 TD

Player A has elite talent around him, mediocre QB at best.  Also got full run this year.   

Who is he?

I give up.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Andersons stats this season are 

29/364/1 and those are fine by me considering he was a UDFA from the jump and the majority of his snaps have been with Fitzpatrick.

That was before the 99 yards from todays game

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

Will Fuller, the much ballyhooed first round prospect for the Texans.   I think there were a few people that wanted him on the team.  

That's impressive.  Anderson isn't the sharpest tool which caused some academic issues in college and probably contributed to him being undrafted.  But if he can keep his head on straight and a sick work ethic to expand his route running from just go routes and comebacks he has all the physical abilty you could want.

40 minutes ago, David Harris said:

That's impressive.  Anderson isn't the sharpest tool which caused some academic issues in college and probably contributed to him being undrafted.  But if he can keep his head on straight and a sick work ethic to expand his route running from just go routes and comebacks he has all the physical abilty you could want.

He's not, and I do think he gets under people's skin sometimes, because I swear he's always coming up dancing and talking after a catch.  Even after like a 5 yard slant at Temple.  I don't have any reports of it, but just watching it over and over again, it might get under defender's skin. 

However, the kid has talent.  He has elite speed, and he can high point the ball.  I thought he needed to put on some weight because he was probably going to lose physical match ups, but so far it hasn't hurt him.  He does seem to get pushed out of bounds a bit though.  

I was researching for an Anderson-Fuller film breakdown, and it's pretty crazy how similar they are, and the routes they run. I'm gonna wait until the end of the season to see how how does with Petty, but it should be very close.  

5 hours ago, win4ever said:

Who is he?

Osweiler is not mediocre. He's one of the worst QBs in the league. Look what he's done to Hopkins. 

8 hours ago, CobraVerde said:

He's been crap all year and ive been hating him so now that he had a big game i gotta give him his due. He's gotta build on this. 

He's been far from crap all year.  What's been crap all year is Fitz inability to get him the ball.

8 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Quincy Enunwa was a hot mess as a rookie. Top prospect rookies usually struggle. A guy like Anderson you're luck to have him make the team. He flashes a ton of potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anderson may have been the big target but enunwa made the catch.  it was also good to see the qb target the te's.  asj made some timely catches.

4 hours ago, win4ever said:

He's not, and I do think he gets under people's skin sometimes, because I swear he's always coming up dancing and talking after a catch.  Even after like a 5 yard slant at Temple.  I don't have any reports of it, but just watching it over and over again, it might get under defender's skin. 

However, the kid has talent.  He has elite speed, and he can high point the ball.  I thought he needed to put on some weight because he was probably going to lose physical match ups, but so far it hasn't hurt him.  He does seem to get pushed out of bounds a bit though.  

I was researching for an Anderson-Fuller film breakdown, and it's pretty crazy how similar they are, and the routes they run. I'm gonna wait until the end of the season to see how how does with Petty, but it should be very close.  

anyone ever hear randy moss speak?  anderson has some talent. devon smith has just been wally pipped.

10 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Osweiler is not mediocre. He's one of the worst QBs in the league. Look what he's done to Hopkins. 

He's horrible, his biggest attribute is the deep pass (or at least a strong arm) which helps Fuller, but other than that, yeah he's been horrible.  Although, still somehow better than Fitz.  

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

anyone ever hear randy moss speak?  anderson has some talent. devon smith has just been wally pipped.

Moss could have been an idiot for all we know, but he was probably the most athletically gifted WR I've ever seen.  The size, acceleration, hands, tracking ability, everything.  He was as close to the cheat guy I used to make as a kid in football games with create your own player deals.  

I'd like to see Smith in there as well, from time to time.  Both Smith and Anderson have some build concerns, I wonder if they can rotate them next year.  Marshall/Decker/Enunwa and then a rotation of Anderson/Smith for the No. 4, and Peake as the back up.  

Every year at draft time, I end up researching WRs and wishing we pick some stud, but this is probably the first time in a long time that I feel like we can safely skip the position.  

2 hours ago, win4ever said:

He's horrible, his biggest attribute is the deep pass (or at least a strong arm) which helps Fuller, but other than that, yeah he's been horrible.  Although, still somehow better than Fitz.  

Moss could have been an idiot for all we know, but he was probably the most athletically gifted WR I've ever seen.  The size, acceleration, hands, tracking ability, everything.  He was as close to the cheat guy I used to make as a kid in football games with create your own player deals.  

I'd like to see Smith in there as well, from time to time.  Both Smith and Anderson have some build concerns, I wonder if they can rotate them next year.  Marshall/Decker/Enunwa and then a rotation of Anderson/Smith for the No. 4, and Peake as the back up.  

Every year at draft time, I end up researching WRs and wishing we pick some stud, but this is probably the first time in a long time that I feel like we can safely skip the position.  

no doubt about moss.  the guy was an awesome receiver.  imo smith just isn't giving it his all.  when he plays he seems tentative and he seemed to be getting more nicked up than he should be.  anderson is upbeat and always ready.  and after seeing some of the hits he's taken it's amazing he still grabs passes out of the air.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Really using Odell Beckham Jr as comparison to Robbie Anderson. 

Malcolm Mitchell NE rookie 10x better than Anderson as we speak

Mitchell with Brady throwing to him: 24 catches 317 yards 3 TDs. 

Anderson with Fitz/Geno/Petty throwing to him: 34 catches 464 yards 1 TD. 

Please stop spreading lies. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mitchell with Brady throwing to him: 24 catches 317 yards 3 TDs. 

Anderson with Fitz/Geno/Petty throwing to him: 34 catches 464 yards 1 TD. 

Please stop spreading lies. 

How about drops and fumbles Carl lets not ignore other statistics to prove your invalid point. 

2 hours ago, win4ever said:

You draft Mike Williams from Clemson this year and you can say this for the next 8-10 years.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How about drops and fumbles Carl lets not ignore other statistics to prove your invalid point. 

Anderson 1 fumble 2 drops. Mitchell 0 fumbles 1 drop. Not a significant difference. Mitchell is a 4th round pick. Anderson is an UDFA. Significant difference. 

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I just think he's the game changer that we haven't had in like forever. 

Since Keyshawn Johnson and Wayne Chrebet even though Braylon Edwards was a game changer his short stint here. 

Robbie Anderson has a ways to go before we lay the superstar label on him. 

Archived