Jets Slap Season Ticketholders Across the Face

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh please, no one was slapped anywhere.  What they sell a ticket for to a game no one wants to go to has nothing to do with us buying a season of tickets.  Get your friends and family to buy out all the tickets to all the games and this doesnt happen.  

The team is devalued by its bad play and we're supposed to be shocked that the tickets are devalued and being sold with incentives?  No one has ever made a guarantee to me before the season begins that if they have a bad season I'm getting a Jets refund

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh please, no one was slapped anywhere.  What they sell a ticket for to a game no one wants to go to has nothing to do with us buying a season of tickets.  Get your friends and family to buy out all the tickets to all the games and this doesnt happen.  

The team is devalued by its bad play and we're supposed to be shocked that the tickets are devalued and being sold with incentives?  No one has ever made a guarantee to me before the season begins that if they have a bad season I'm getting a Jets refund

Hear hear.

Season ticket holders know that each year is a diceroll and that the majority of seasons are futile.  We're in it for the experience with family and friends and those handful of years where we have a chance for glory.  I worry about myself and my own tickets, I don't begrudge the Jets trying to fill the stadium or a few diehards for getting a deal.

SAR I

7 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Kind of an outrage

FST holders should get a small refund and the same vouchers as a show of good faith but this team has never had any towards ticket holders.

I still say some sort of class action annoyance suit is in order

It just business Sonny..nothing personal.  Happens all the  time. AIrlines, hotels, etc.   

BTW.... Love the name and avatar. BIG Greg Lake fan here.  

Confusion...will be my epitaph. 

1 minute ago, OH THE PAIN said:

This proves that the Jets don't give a rat's ass about season ticket holders once you pay for your tickets .

They are actually helping STH by standing their ground on pricing... Those tickets will be next to free on stub hub.

Why do so many fans care about crap like this that doesn't have any bearing on them?

8 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I understand the Jets are having a lousy season but how do they send this offer to non season ticket holders.  Tickets for below face value and a bunch of free food and gift cards. 

We paid all season for this lousy product we should be getting something.  See the ad below 

IMG_1088.PNG

It may not apply to you...or a lot of others here, but they offered a bunch of us STH's in the 300's a free upgrade into the Mezzanine Club sections for the Bills game.

It may not apply to you...or a lot of others here, but they offered a bunch of us STH's in the 300's a free upgrade into the Mezzanine Club sections for the Bills game.

Why should they do that. It isn't their fault or their mistake that you decided, with multiple other choices available, to buy tickets 10 stories high requiring oxygen bottles to avoid the minimal PSL costs that decent EZ LL or Mezz corners would have cost. Mezz club seats? C'mon man. Now you want a free handout to seats that are 200+ face value. That isn't happening.

1 hour ago, OH THE PAIN said:

This proves that the Jets don't give a rat's ass about season ticket holders once you pay for your tickets .

When you buy $7 worth of slightly green bananas on Tuesday and then the grocery offers them for $4 when they're black and bruised on Friday, do you feel offended?

SAR I

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Why do so many fans care about crap like this that doesn't have any bearing on them?

And that's the magic question, isn't it?  Here's the answer:

There are ex-season ticket holders from the Giants Stadium days who quit on the Jets the moment the free ride ended and they couldn't sell half their tickets for 3x face value to scalpers and get paid to attend the other half.  And/or fans who never sold their tickets but were paying upper deck prices for dreamy lower level seats at midfield.  These people had the best deal in sports for 30 years, but as soon as the Jets righted the pricing to current market conditions they bailed on the team under this fake excuse of "I have an ethical problem with PSL's and our owner". 

So to make up for the fact that they were lucky for decades and then were selfish when it was time to pay real money and quit on the team, they need to hear themselves say how awful the Jets are to PSL owners, put up threads about how they were right and we were wrong, make stuff up about low attendance and conspiracy theories about back channel deals to skirt the PSL fees.  They don't do this to hurt PSL owners feelings.  They do this to justify their selfish decision.

What they didn't understand back in 2008 and they still don't understand here in 2016 is that to 12,000 people on the waitlist PSL's were the greatest thing that ever happened.  After decades of being blocked out of the stadium, we had a fair chance to get season tickets of our own.  We like PSL's.  We were excited to pay for PSL's. 

To this day, I bless Woody Johnson for being Abraham Lincoln of the waitlist.  Let him make a few bucks on unsold seats.  It's perfectly fine.

SAR I

PSL's and the owners paying full value  means nothing to the Jets the NFL is a business. 

Besides the exclusive trinkets they give out to season ticket holders (that can be bought on E bay) what do they really do to benefit the PSL holders. 

Things are way different than when there weren't any PSL's and its days like these that make me happy I'm not involved in all this. 

It doesn't effect me so I'm happy for anyone who benefits from cheap tickets and offers from the Jets that benefit them. 

No argument in the world can convince me that PSL's are a good thing for fans. 

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It just business Sonny..nothing personal.  Happens all the  time. AIrlines, hotels, etc.   

BTW.... Love the name and avatar. BIG Greg Lake fan here.  

Confusion...will be my epitaph. 

RIP Greg (sigh)

Of course, you are 100% correct. This is no different than an auto manufacturer selling the end of season stock by offering thousands in incentives. 

Just another day of crawling a cracked and broken path  :)

2 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Why should they do that. It isn't their fault or their mistake that you decided, with multiple other choices available, to buy tickets 10 stories high requiring oxygen bottles to avoid the minimal PSL costs that decent EZ LL or Mezz corners would have cost. Mezz club seats? C'mon man. Now you want a free handout to seats that are 200+ face value. That isn't happening.

What's all the hostility for???? I didn't ASK them for anything...they called me (plus others I know) and OFFERED it, just like the offer in the original post. GTFOH with your nonsense!

Season ticket holders need to stop whining. When you buy season tickets you have to know that there is a chance the team will be terrible (that is the case for every team in every sport). When a team is terrible and they can't sell their seats they routinely run offers like this. 

If the Jets were 12-1 and you were able to sell your $200 seats for $600 on stubhub, would you return those profits to the Jets? Would you offer your tickets for face because it wouldn't be "fair" to charge a fellow Jet fan MORE than face value?

When you buy season tix, you take a gamble. It's the nature of the beast.  Unfortunately, as  Jets fan the gamble  rarely pays off because we are rarely good and when we have been good we don't have home playoff games. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

While your losing money on the very same seats. 

Shows how much he cares about you the PSL holder. 

I have the seats I wanted in my own name, I don't have to stress over being a season ticket holder or going to games I want to attend.

Woody gets a lifetime pass for anything he does to me now.  He freed the 12,000 people on the wait list to get the seats they could only dreamed of.  He's our Abraham Lincoln.  I love the man.  That is no joke.  I'd kiss him on the lips if he asked me to.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

RIP Greg (sigh)

Of course, you are 100% correct. This is no different than an auto manufacturer selling the end of season stock by offering thousands in incentives. 

Just another day of crawling a cracked and broken path  :)

and if we MAKE it, we will all sit back and laugh.

List to the ELP live album where he does Battlefield at the end of Tarkus live and tags Epitaph on. RIP.  Ive seen them about 10 times.

Archived