Why are we not in the mix for Harbaugh, Coughlin?

drdetroit

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Basically. There is no real instant fix it coach available.

This is the bigger problem.  Whoever they bring in is going to win 5 games max next year (some will be blowouts)...and the fan base will be crucifying him and calling for his head.  There is simply no way around it with this fan base and media.

They need to keep Bowles around if only as a patsy - when they're ready to compete again they can recruit a better coach that sees talent and opportunity.

43 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I think that's unfair on Romo, he might actually have one more decent year in him!

Bringing in Romo is a quick fix. We need a long term answer at the position so that means developing a young QB. Same applies to the coach we need a guy that will be here for a long time, not a guy that will coach the team for 2-3 seasons max. 

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Because neither of them would ever come here in a million billion years?

Not only that but Harbaugh has said he's not leaving and, for the fifth time from me on this forum, Coughlin seems like he's basically a lock to go to Jacksonville.

3 hours ago, August said:

Bringing in Romo is a quick fix. We need a long term answer at the position so that means developing a young QB. Same applies to the coach we need a guy that will be here for a long time, not a guy that will coach the team for 2-3 seasons max. 

I probably should have added a smiley face as my post was tongue-in-cheek. Agree with you in the main, simply don't understand why people want Coughlin

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Harbaugh is not leaving Michigan. No way. You have a link?

pete carroll had a life time job in sunny southern california and gave it up to go to the hawks

harbaugh will leave michigan to prove he can hack it in the NFL

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

pete carroll had a life time job in sunny southern california and gave it up to go to the hawks

harbaugh will leave michigan to prove he can hack it in the NFL

Yeah Carroll left sunny southern california because of all the violations the Program was facing because of recruiting violations. They were hit hard with all kinds of penalties right after he left. A Calipari-esque move if there ever was one. Harbaugh faces nothing of the kind. He is a King in Ann Arbor and his kids are all set to attend U of M. No way he leaves Michigan. Maybe in a few more seasons He would think about "proving he can hack it in the NFL".

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yeah Carroll left sunny southern california because of all the violations the Program was facing because of recruiting violations. They were hit hard with all kinds of penalties right after he left. A Calipari-esque move if there ever was one. Harbaugh faces nothing of the kind. He is a King in Ann Arbor and his kids are all set to attend U of M. No way he leaves Michigan. Maybe in a few more seasons He would think about "proving he can hack it in the NFL".

yeah I think he will want to win a title or two first, but he will leave

Archived