Jets' Calvin Pryor says he has 'nothing' to prove to fans: 'It's all about me'

Gas2No99

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Throw Garoplo into that mix too.

That mother****er set this team back a decade, and its all because our asshat owner insisted a new GM keep Rex Ryan for two more years. I so wish I could stop with this awful team. 

I've been saying the same thing more or less. There's plenty of fair criticism of the moves Mac has made. But Idzik's two years here are a much bigger reason why this team is in the gutter. His strategy of not signing high-priced free agents, and stockpiling draft picks was a good one. But taking that approach means you absolutely must draft well. Idzik's drafts were unfathomably bad. With the amount of picks he had in 2014, and the deep talent pool in that draft class, he could have done a better job by blindfolding himself and throwing darts at a board with prospect's names on it.

I have to look at myself in the mirror. That's all I'm worried about."

I don't know fans keep waiting for these guys to say "I suck"

all he is saying is he has to please himself first, and there is nothing wrong with that

the beat writer probably asked a super douchy question

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I've been saying the same thing more or less. There's plenty of fair criticism of the moves Mac has made. But Idzik's two years here are a much bigger reason why this team is in the gutter. His strategy of not signing high-priced free agents, and stockpiling draft picks was a good one. But taking that approach means you absolutely must draft well. Idzik's drafts were unfathomably bad. With the amount of picks he had in 2014, and the deep talent pool in that draft class, he could have done a better job by blindfolding himself and throwing darts at a board with prospect's names on it.

Mac hasn't done much better with all those high priced FA's. And his 2 drafts have been flops and reaches.  No surprise whatsoever this team went from 10 wins to 4. Fitz spared Mac last year.  This year even Fitzmajik could not salvage this disastrous crop.    

19 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Throw Garoplo into that mix too.

That mother****er set this team back a decade, and its all because our asshat owner insisted a new GM keep Rex Ryan for two more years. I so wish I could stop with this awful team. 

I've said it before, it starts at the top with Woody. Everyone on this board knew you don't bring in another GM without letting that GM pick their own coach. Woody keeps Rex limiting the field because 99% of guys with GM experience aren't hitching their wagon to a blowhard like Rex Ryan. 

That one gaffe alone has set the team back for years after Idzik literally wasted 18 picks, including the absolutely idiotic trade for the temperamental Percy Harvin. You can say what you want about Jerry Jones but I would take him as owner of the Jets over Woody an day of the week. I do think Macc can do the job if Woody gets the f*ck out of the way & lets him do it his way. There is no doubt in my mind that Woody wants Macc to try & rebuild while staying competitive but it's not possible because of the derth of talent because of the poor drafting. 

Free agency has never fixed a bad team. Free agency winners never seem to do as well as everyone expects in the offseason. 

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Agree on all accounts 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I've said it before, it starts at the top with Woody. Everyone on this board knew you don't bring in another GM without letting that GM pick their own coach. Woody keeps Rex limiting the field because 99% of guys with GM experience aren't hitching their wagon to a blowhard like Rex Ryan. 

Completely agree. Rex should have been fired along with Tanny. The only way keeping the coach, but not the GM works is if you let the coach help pick the GM. And you only do that if the coach is a proven guy (like Kansas City did when they hired Andy Reid and involved him in the GM search).  

Rex hadn't earned that sort of courtesy.

pryor needs to be objective about his abilities. playing safety doesn't just mean running up and giving the big hit on a running back.  sometimes it means covering a te or a rb coming out or helping out covering a wr.  how many times have we seen calvin take really bad angles and either miss the tackle or get out run by the receiver?  this guy can definitely be replaced.

24 minutes ago, rangerous said:

pryor needs to be objective about his abilities. playing safety doesn't just mean running up and giving the big hit on a running back.  sometimes it means covering a te or a rb coming out or helping out covering a wr.  how many times have we seen calvin take really bad angles and either miss the tackle or get out run by the receiver?  this guy can definitely be replaced.

If Woody keeps Bowles he WILL be traded or replaced! Bowles ain't hitching his wagon to players that will get him fired. He's trying to see what he has in Middleton, who had a pick vs Miami. Pryor has 2 picks in 42 games. We got lucky with Anderson, I'm hoping we continue that luck with Middleton & the trade up for Shell. 

49 minutes ago, rangerous said:

il_570xN.225300900.jpg

Curiously absent from this thread? JetNut....

Who claimed I was an idiot for conrinuing to insist that Pryor was awful when most began thinking he could play because he made a tackle behind the LOS tackle every 3rd game.  

No JetNut, you and the others were not stupid.  But I am, in fact, ahead of the curve. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

If Woody keeps Bowles he WILL be traded or replaced! Bowles ain't hitching his wagon to players that will get him fired. He's trying to see what he has in Middleton, who had a pick vs Miami. Pryor has 2 picks in 42 games. We got lucky with Anderson, I'm hoping we continue that luck with Middleton & the trade up for Shell. 

well, for bowles sake, i hope so.  the way the secondary has been playing they are either just too stupid to understand bowles schemes or bowles schemes are too complicated.  the hih number of penaties suggest that the players just don't get it.

I have not followed the Jets for nearly as long as most of you but this years version of the Jets is the most thoroughly unlikeable bunch from top to bottom since I've started following them.  I'ts one thing to be a bad try hard team or just inept it;s another thing to be bad, lazy and totally unlikeable.

57 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have not followed the Jets for nearly as long as most of you but this years version of the Jets is the most thoroughly unlikeable bunch from top to bottom since I've started following them.  I'ts one thing to be a bad try hard team or just inept it;s another thing to be bad, lazy and totally unlikeable.

Yes it feels like a really bad mix of things...

The Jets seem to have a huge leadership void, a coaching staff that's been more clueless than not, and a bunch of players who just quit on the team... Heck, maybe that's on the coaching staff too.

'Leadership' and the state of the lockeroom and all that is so hard to figure out... If the Jets stole a fun more wins or something, then maybe we wouldn't even talk about it because things wouldn't feel so tense there even if the void was still there... But as it stands, it looks incredibly dysfunctional. 

We need some players to step up next season.

12 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Cant blame the pick on Idzik, Pryor was Rex's choice

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No it wasn't . idzik got open after a scouting trip to Louisville . I guess Pryor played light out in the game.. idzik came back and told Rex he just found his new Safety .. 

he talked about a few times when Pryor first got drafted .. but Rex definetly hyped it calling him a enforcer .. at 5'11 207lbs he is far from that in fact I can't ever remember him delivering bone jarring hits since he has been here . And that's why he was drafted over Ha Ha 

he basically a poor mans Laron Landry as far as style of play go without the speed , Size and athleticism 

No it wasn't . idzik got open after a scouting trip to Louisville . I guess Pryor played light out in the game.. idzik came back and told Rex he just found his new Safety .. 
he talked about a few times when Pryor first got drafted .. but Rex definetly hyped it calling him a enforcer .. at 5'11 207lbs he is far from that in fact I can't ever remember him delivering bone jarring hits since he has been here . And that's why he was drafted over Ha Ha 

he basically a poor mans Laron Landry as far as style of play go without the speed , Size and athleticism 

Dont remember seeing that back then but I'll take ur word for it

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived