Sign FA Kendall Wright

Jets Daily Dosage.

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

It's okay to have a little fun during the offseason if you are being serious though. Lol are you being serious though?

Oh yes, he definitely has done this a few times this off season. Fact.

i feel bad as I did the same stuff at his age  without the baby or reliance on my body being my company. It COULD indicate character flaws or drug use. Or maybe it's just a couple time blow offs. But there was a blurb prior to this about the jets not seeing the commitment they wanted during his rehab.  

Maybe nothing, maybe something

No need. He's a very average player. He's not a bad player but we don't need to go out and sign another receiver in FA whose just kind of ok.

We need to be looking at adding another receiver to play on the outside if we are really going to move on from Brandon Marshall and possibly Decker. Maybe a big target in the draft.

We aren't as deep as we think we are if we cut both of those players. Enunwa does his best work in the slot, so does Decker. With Decker gone Enunwa assumes that role full time and we are going to need help on the outside. I don't trust Devin Smith or Robbie Anderson right now. I'd be interested in Mike Williams in the draft.

But in a perfect world I'm keeping Marshall and Decker and stacking our skill position talent for our next QB.

If Marshall goes Deckers production will not be as good. Decker isn't at #1wr but he is a #1 WR2. Much like Cobb without Nelson, If we're moving on from Marshall which I couldn't care less whether he stays or goes, we need to bring in another wr to take some pressure off him unless the belief is that Q can be a #1 wr

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

If Marshall goes Deckers production will not be as good. Decker isn't at #1wr but he is a #1 WR2. Much like Cobb without Nelson, If we're moving on from Marshall which I couldn't care less whether he stays or goes, we need to bring in another wr to take some pressure off him unless the belief is that Q can be a #1 wr

If we are moving on from Marshall now instead of 2018, then I want an early WR pick unless we get something of at least equal value in free agency.  

Just now, Dcat said:

If we are moving on from Marshall now instead of 2018, then I want an early WR pick unless we get something of at least equal value in free agency.  

Mike Williams may be there but the problem is we have so many other needs that it might be wise to hang on to Marshall until after next year

He could be an upside type player for the right team.  Maybe the Iggles, Redskins if they let D-Jax and Garcon walk, Bucs, maybe the Ravens...

Doesn't make much sense for the Jets who should be trying to get worse with less pay roll.  WR is the only young group I am encouraged about.

Please...fix the dam OL 1st. Then get a Fking coner with SMARTS and cover skills ...maybe just draft people that have the ability to understand Xs and Os and maybe just maybe we can have players NOT BLOW ASSIGNMENTS in all three phases of the game. Not to much to ask hun... Oh I forgot, we have and inept HC so maybe the foregoing doesn't matter. 

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

maybe. in 2014 he had just about the same number of questions and about the same yards per reception.  he was also the no. 1 receiver and had geno throwing to him.  so i don't think his production will decrease much if any especially if enunwa continues to improve and anderson/peake/smith/marshal become decent 3rd receivers.  and if they find a te, then decker will be more than fine.

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

Mike Williams may be there but the problem is we have so many other needs that it might be wise to hang on to Marshall until after next year

if williams is made the no. 6 pick he will cost just about as much as marshall and may not produce as much.  granted the jets really need someone on offense who scares the other team but a rookie player is just not going to scare anyone unless he's the second coming of bo jackson or earl campbell, etc.

Archived