Joe Namath wants to see Christian Hackenberg start

BurnleyJet

8 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

not only that, he is a terrible judge of talent: his touting of Al Woodall and Richard Todd killed the franchise which still had a superbowl nucleus, and was killed by bad qb play.

And everyone wants to forget how he got sh*tface drunk the night before the AFL Championship Game in which he went 19 for 49 and needed a miracle longball to pull out a win after a two week bye against a tired California team who had to play an extra game.

And everyone wants to forget how after recovering from a season ending knee injury he went waterskiing and blew both achilles tendons costing him yet another season thereafter.

And Bachelors III.  And "I want to kiss you".  And the premature coin toss.  He's an embarrassment.

This guy showed less respect for the team he represented and the players he suited up next to than almost every Jet alive and he's the one whose going to pass judgement on our front office and head coach?  He needs to shut up.

SAR I

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JiF said:

You're all over the place. 

Your boy Petty is going to get his chance, just like Hack and McCown.

No, I'm not really. I think you misunderstood where I was coming from, threw a blanket counterpoint at me, and the rest has been the result of your initial misunderstanding.

That, and the fact that you like balls in your mouth.

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What trouble?

Half of these threads are about how Josh McCown is going to be the starter and the other half is complaining about why he shouldn't be when the whole team hasn't even hit the practice field as of yet . Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I just don't see the point .

8 hours ago, JiF said:

He was missing wide open WR's.  Like, nobody around them streaking down the field and Petty missed them by 10-20 yards.  He's pretty terrible. 

He was averaging a pick for every 18 attempts.  That's bad. Like, really bad.  Like, unfathomably bad. Like, worse than Geno Smith rookie season bad.

Petty doesn't even see his receivers -- his head looks like is fused to his neck which is fused to his shoulders.  Would it kill him to swivel the noggin once and while?  Great arm but he is still purely a one-read QB two years in. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets should excommunicate him, show him what life is like when he's not wheeled out as some living legend every year.  Perhaps then he'll learn his place and support the team by shutting his trap. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

And everyone wants to forget how he got sh*tface drunk the night before the AFL Championship Game in which he went 19 for 49 and needed a miracle longball to pull out a win after a two week bye against a tired California team who had to play an extra game.

And everyone wants to forget how after recovering from a season ending knee injury he went waterskiing and blew both achilles tendons costing him yet another season thereafter.

And Bachelors III.  And "I want to kiss you".  And the premature coin toss.  He's an embarrassment.

This guy showed less respect for the team he represented and the players he suited up next to than almost every Jet alive and he's the one whose going to pass judgement on our front office and head coach?  He needs to shut up.

SAR I

Image result for facepalm gifs

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Shaking head

2ADBCBDA00000578-0-image-a-4_14379291067

"I think the Jets need to score more points.  You see, scoring points is good, scoring points is a good thing.  I will be very disappointed if the Jets don't try to score points."

#joenamathwisdom

SAR I

joe-namath.jpg

"I think the way the Jets can improve this year is to play in a.....in a......in a.....a fashion, a fashion that would allow them to score more points than the other team.  Meaning that, well.  Let's say the Jets are playing the Bills, okay, and the Bills score a touchdown.  The Jets then need to go and score a touchdown too or maybe two field goals.  Wait, that would be, they would need another point so, I don't know, maybe the Bills score another touchdown but miss the extra point.  So that's how I think the Jets can improve."

#joenamathwisdom

SAR I

072715_nameth_525.jpg

"When I think of Coach Bowles I feel that he is the kind of coach that can, well, he is the type, the type of coach that can get his players...oh Weeb Eubank was a great coach, a great coach, I really think he knew how to get the most out of his players and when he was mad at me, whoo, he'd call me up in that tall tower and he'd be wearing that fedora and he would look at me so sternly, and the Jets can improve this way.  That's what I would say they should do."

#joenamathwisdom

SAR I

23 hours ago, HessStation said:

Look, sorry Mac but it's 2017 dude. You don't take QBs in the 2nd round as 3-4 yr projects anymore unless you have an aging star QB on the roster already. Play the kid.

You're trying to tell this to a guy who drafted two safeties in the first 2 rounds?

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Cant judge him until he gets to play with All-Pro's at every other position IMHO

Jeeezus.  How many years have we been doing this?  Every f*ckin year since forever? 

Just once, please, can we get a QB who makes the talent around him better?

Tailgating sucks,PSL's are investment gold,Fireman Ed is a loser, selling out and selling tickets to opposing teams fans is ok, I make poor excuses for not attending home games, I have a Rolex and a BMW, I hate all blue-collar workers, I own a mansion and a yacht. 

#sar1wisdom

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jeeezus.  How many years have we been doing this?  Every f*ckin year since forever? 

It seems we are cursed in such a way that even when we get a high pick - that just happens to be the year that there are no sure thing QBs and the class is weak in general. This year was a strong defensive class 

Preach

http://thejetpress.com/2017/05/11/new-york-jets-injury-update-bryce-petty-prediction/

Christian Hackenberg is still in his developmental phase and still has a long way to go before he’s able to successfully compete for a starting job. He hasn’t gotten rave reviews in practice or preseason football and while there is hope Hackenberg will continue to progress this offseason, he’s realistically another year or two away from being ready to start.

This is Petty’s job for the taking in the grand scheme of things. He’s young, has experience, and despite his shoulder injury, is doing well in rehab. I’d say the odds are highly in favor of Petty beating out both McCown and Hackenberg to earn the starting quarterback spot with the Jets and will be under center come Week 1.

Petty has better arm strength, accuracy, and honestly, this is all about rebuilding the right way. Why would the Jets want to waste their time starting McCown who will more than likely be gone after this upcoming season? Petty will put on a clinic this summer and prove his worth while silencing all his critics. Get ready everyone since this could very well be the start of something special with No. 9. Thanks for your question, Daniel!

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

072715_nameth_525.jpg

"When I think of Coach Bowles I feel that he is the kind of coach that can, well, he is the type, the type of coach that can get his players...oh Weeb Eubank was a great coach, a great coach, I really think he knew how to get the most out of his players and when he was mad at me, whoo, he'd call me up in that tall tower and he'd be wearing that fedora and he would look at me so sternly, and the Jets can improve this way.  That's what I would say they should do."

#joenamathwisdom

SAR I

And, I bet that he knows it is Weeb "Ewbank", and not Weeb "Eubank". 

So, at least he has that. 

19 hours ago, JiF said:

Actually his rookie year he was the direct back up to Geno until Fitz got signed/got healthy, then he was the direct back up to Fitz until Geno got healthy.  Meaning, he got a lot reps over a period of time when Fitz wasnt there/healing and Geno was injured.  Last year, the coaching staff gave Petty the nod over their 2nd round pick. Meaning, he got a sh*t ton of reps and was able to get practice preparing as a starter - the players available for him to throw to were Brandon Marshall, Q, Anderson and Powell.  10x better than what Geno worked with his rookie season (a comment you made).  

This season you would assume they will be evenly distributing reps during the camp open competition and Petty has the same chance to start as McCown and Petty.  Yet, you're acting like they have poor Bryce Petty in the corner as an after thought and all the development is being poured into Hack but I'm the one making doofy remarks?  

How is it possible he would not get the nod over Hack ? 

Hack was being red shirted and the Jets stuck to that.

Hack didn't get to practice with the first team offense all year.

The team played like it mailed it in after game 4.

The coaching was terrible, predictable and stubborn to the point of stupidity.

But hey this was a great environment for any young player to succeed.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

How is it possible he would not get the nod over Hack ? 

Hack was being red shirted and the Jets stuck to that.

Hack didn't get to practice with the first team offense all year.

The team played like it mailed it in after game 4.

The coaching was terrible, predictable and stubborn to the point of stupidity.

But hey this was a great environment for any young player to succeed.

Is your point the Jets suck at drafting, developing and helping QB's succeed?  

k7h3g.gif

Just now, JiF said:

Is your point the Jets suck at drafting, developing and helping QB's succeed?  

k7h3g.gif

they always have been. The way the Jets handle the QB position is laughable and its more than just talent around said QB. It goes way deeper than that.

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

And, I bet that he knows it is Weeb "Ewbank", and not Weeb "Eubank". 

So, at least he has that. 

That's not how he said it.  And he was referring to Bear Bryant which was his big mistake.

SAR I

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Tailgating sucks,PSL's are investment gold,Fireman Ed is a loser, selling out and selling tickets to opposing teams fans is ok, I make poor excuses for not attending home games, I have a Rolex and a BMW, I hate all blue-collar workers, I own a mansion and a yacht.

Some corrections:  It's 5 Rolexes and 3 BMW's and a beach house but no yacht.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Some corrections:  It's 5 Rolexes and 3 BMW's and a beach house but no yacht.

SAR I

So you agree on all the rest. LOL  selling out and selling tickets to opposing teams fans is ok, I make poor excuses for not attending home games

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sorry nobody was making Chaz Schillens, Mardy Gilyard, Stephen Hill and their ilk better. The Jets as an organization need to finally start paying attention to the offensive side of the ball. Its been over a decade of HC's with defensive backgrounds and we wonder why the O stinks . 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So you agree on all the rest. LOL  selling out and selling tickets to opposing teams fans is ok, I make poor excuses for not attending home games

Why does it matter?

If business travel to keep my kids in college and my mortgage paid up is a poor excuse for not attending one or two home games, tell me, what's a good one?

And I never, ever sell my tickets to opposing fans.  I list my tickets on Stubhub.  If Jets fans decide not to buy them, that's on them, not me.  You know, fans like you who aren't season ticket holders and have attended 1 game in MetLife Stadium yet have really big mouths about what "bothers them" about the fans in the stadium. 

Give it a rest.  You sound as incoherent as Broadway Joke.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Why does it matter?

If business travel to keep my kids in college and my mortgage paid up is a poor excuse for not attending one or two home games, tell me, what's a good one?

And I never, ever sell my tickets to opposing fans.  I list my tickets on Stubhub.  If Jets fans decide not to buy them, that's on them, not me.  You know, fans like you who aren't season ticket holders and have attended 1 game in MetLife Stadium yet have really big mouths about what "bothers them" about the fans in the stadium. 

Give it a rest.  You sound as incoherent as Broadway Joke.

SAR I

You trash the greatest QB in NY Jets history the only QB to ever win us a Super Bowl and you expect no one to say anything. 

You also trashed the military,first responders and blue collar workers at one time or another. 

Texting 911 tattling on rowdy fans at the stadium, supposedly on some committee to rid the stadium of tailgating, bragging about your wealth and material objects that you possess, selling tickets to opposing teams fans. 

You give it a rest. 

joewilly12 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You trash the greatest QB in NY Jets history the only QB to ever win us a Super Bowl and you expect no one to say anything. 

You also trashed the military,first responders and blue collar workers at one time or another. 

Texting 911 tattling on rowdy fans at the stadium, supposedly on some committee to rid the stadium of tailgating, bragging about your wealth and material objects that you possess, selling tickets to opposing teams fans. 

You give it a rest. 

joewilly12 

Oh, so let's dip way back in the wayback machine, like the time you said you hated all Jews and said that Martin Luther King was a communist.  There's a lot more, don't make me whip it out.  I don't forget my friend, goes both ways.  I don't trash the military or first responders, I just feel that recognitions 4x a game is excessive and not necessary, they don't do that at Giants games, Yankees games, or Rangers games, one time at the national anthem is enough.

Joe Namath has overstayed his welcome as a Jets mouthpiece.  He's a legend.  He should be quiet and dignified like Whitey Ford.

You are the one that's the problem in MetLife Stadium because you don't have season tickets and you don't buy seats to individual games at a price high enough to keep the enemy fans out.  It's your voice that's missing and making the stadium too quiet.  It's your passion that's missing and not keeping fans in your section off their cellphones.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Archived