No QB, O-LINE OR RECIEVERS

Jetfan13

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Tough love. If you really love this team, you'll root against them.

I had to read this post twice to make sure I got it.  Had you left out the bold it would have been much harder to decipher, and more fun.  As in: is this an ok with the tank fan, or is this a tongue in cheek "how can anyone ever root for a loss" fan. :)  

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  Cant wait to go winless while the Patriots go undefeated.  Good times!!!!

If it gets us Darnold or Rosen and finally sets us up for the next 15 years I'll deal with it and be happier than a pig in sh*t. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If it gets us Darnold or Rosen and finally sets us up for the next 15 years I'll deal with it and be happier than a pig in sh*t. 

Agreed but I dont trust Mac for one second.  He'll take Ryan Leaf and Browns will get Peyton Manning. 

Just now, JiF said:

Agreed but I dont trust Mac for one second.  He'll take Ryan Leaf and Browns will get Peyton Manning. 

I don't think there is a Ryan Leaf in this class. I even love the guys below the Top 2 (Mason Rudolph, Josh Allen, Jake Browning, Falk, etc.).  Pick one of them and you'll be fine.  Passing on one is a different story and that would honestly probably make me homicidal.

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

No the NFL schedule is pretty much the same as anyone in your division( might get two easier games , and you might not).  The old way where they use to made the NFL schedule has been gone for years.

Just because it took your raiders forever to rebuild because Big Al was picking duds like Jamarcus Russell doesn't mean your right.  You are actually way off

That's why the 1-15 Dolphins can go 11-5 and make the playoffs the following season or a 5-11 Patriots team can win the super bowl the next year

Literally every season a bottom 7 team makes the playoffs the following season.  The NFL is the easiest league to rebuild in by far

2 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Yet despite the purge there will be people here who will tell us that Petty and Hackenberg suck.

I would love to know how this QB is gonna have any kind of success without any WR's and a bad O-Line ?

In typical Jets fashion you just know that Darnold will blow out a knee this year at USC. 

Already making excuses 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I don't think there is a Ryan Leaf in this class. I even love the guys below the Top 2 (Mason Rudolph, Josh Allen, Jake Browning, Falk, etc.).  Pick one of them and you'll be fine.  Passing on one is a different story and that would honestly probably make me homicidal.

Pick one and you'll be fine?  Really?  All of them are going to pan out and be franchise QB's? So every team in the league is going to solve their QB problem next year? 

I have concerns with every single QB that everyone is drooling over.  At this point, I dont like a single one better than Watson.  But, I'll wait to see how the college season goes before picking them all apart.  

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pick one and you'll be fine?  Really?  All of them are going to pan out and be franchise QB's? So every team in the league is going to solve their QB problem next year? 

I have concerns with every single QB that everyone is drooling over.  At this point, I dont like a single one better than Watson.  But, I'll wait to see how the college season goes before picking them all apart.  

Darnold is the only one worth tanking for

10 hours ago, thadude said:

The NFL is arguably the easiest league to rebuild in.  If you suck, you get an easy schedule plus top draft choices and presuming not horrible management enough cap room to sign good free agents.  

This idea that it takes 5-10 years to rebuild an NFL roster is asinine.  

Yup. Projected to have 66M in cap space next year and another 15-20M to rollover. We have some young talent too. The #1 pick, close to 90M in cap space, a new coach/GM can have the ability to turn it around quickly.

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

How many seasons do you think it will take to add enough quarterbacks, offensive linemen, wide receivers, corners, and pass rushers to become competitive? I'm guessing four, minimum.

Are those four years in regular NFL years or in New York Jets years?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  Cant wait to go winless while the Patriots go undefeated.  Good times!!!!

eh - I think the Jets Defense is better than last year w or wo Harris

on Off i think we shall see a resurgence in TEs and run game - no more empty backfield on 1st and 2nd down  with that said i think they will be better than last year w or wo Decker who most likely is one good hit away from IR anyway.

Our QB and O-Line situation is not good. We have James Carpanter, a solid lineman in Winters, and a guy with potential in Shell and that's it on the O-Line. We know about the QB situation.

But I'm going to give the receiving core a chance. I really like Hansen. I think Enunwa has proven that he is a player, even though he's not a number 1 or anything, he's a quality receiver who can get open and catch the ball. That's all you need him to do. People seem to really like ArDarius Stewart as well. We definitely need that legit 6'4 number 1 guy in my opinion but we can find that guy down the road.

Anderson has shown he can at least be a decent deep threat and Jalin Marshall has shown potential as well.

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

No the NFL schedule is pretty much the same as anyone in your division( might get two easier games , and you might not).  The old way where they use to made the NFL schedule has been gone for yea

No the other 6 games strength of schedule is based on the previous season's record

15 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.

Think I'll survive.

I'm also a college football fan, so there will be exciting Saturday afternoon's and evenings

I live in South Florida.  During Sept. and Oct. billions of mullet enter our waters bringing millions of large predators with them.  In the past I have sacrificed some quality kayak time to be enraged by the Jets.  Not this year.

By the time the mullet are gone, hockey will be on, the Jets will be 0-8, 1-7.  All the angst of watching them self destruct will have passed, and the post game pressers will be comedy gold.

I'll survive for a season, if they come out of it with a QB, it will be worth it 

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

I had to read this post twice to make sure I got it.  Had you left out the bold it would have been much harder to decipher, and more fun.  As in: is this an ok with the tank fan, or is this a tongue in cheek "how can anyone ever root for a loss" fan. :)  

when your kid makes a mistake that only builds their character for the long haul. To see the forest through the trees. The ship behind the horizon, bc the earth is flat. That sorta thing.

I'll never not root for my team.  Its going to be hard this year missing players that I dont think I need to mention at this point.

I'd like to think of this season as an extended PreSeason.  We know we aren't going to do very well, but at least we will have the time to have an extended look at all the young players on this roster, and if we could find a few that end up shining, I wont be nearly as upset.  As one of the members pointed out there isn't a difference between 0-16, 1-15 or 10-6 and missing thee playoffs outside of a draft position.

The only thing I would change is being completely transparent with your fan base while this is going on.  At this point them decided to tank is their worst kept secret.

Just now, chrisfaceoff said:

I'll never not root for my team.  Its going to be hard this year missing players that I dont think I need to mention at this point.

I'd like to think of this season as an extended PreSeason.  We know we aren't going to do very well, but at least we will have the time to have an extended look at all the young players on this roster, and if we could find a few that end up shining, I wont be nearly as upset.  As one of the members pointed out there isn't a difference between 0-16, 1-15 or 10-6 and missing thee playoffs outside of a draft position.

The only thing I would change is being completely transparent with your fan base while this is going on.  At this point them decided to tank is their worst kept secret.

This team is going to play hard and overachieve... Nobody expects anything and that will be the fuel that launches them,... I hope they lose a lot but lose like the Browns last year... who played hard every game and was fun to watch.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I'd say 3 of 5 the 5 are sure fire 1st round, even top 10 talents.  Those same 3 of the 5 are also easily better prospects than Watson and it isn't even close.  If Josh Allen ups that completion %, it's 4 of the 5.

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'd say 3 of 5 the 5 are sure fire 1st round, even top 10 talents.  Those same 3 of the 5 are also easily better prospects than Watson and it isn't even close.  If Josh Allen ups that completion %, it's 4 of the 5.

Meh, we shall see.  Like I said, I have my concerns but I'll wait to see if my concerns are accurate this college season before making any bold predictions.  Right now, I wouldnt take a single one over Watson.  And I promise you, come March 2018 when these guys are put under the microscope, there will be a lot of changes to these cant miss prospects projections.   They've all got big gaps in their game.

And then to throw a wrench in it all, there will be the rise of Jacob Eason, and 2019 will be all about Tank for Tarzan.

HYuCDwij.jpg

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, we shall see.  Like I said, I have my concerns but I'll wait to see if my concerns are accurate this college season before making any bold predictions.  Right now, I wouldnt take a single one over Watson.  And I promise you, come March 2018 when these guys are put under the microscope, there will be a lot of changes to these cant miss prospects projections.   They've all got big gaps in their game.

And then to throw a wrench in it all, there will be the rise of Jacob Eason, and 2019 will be all about Tank for Tarzan.

HYuCDwij.jpg

Easy E is my next big boy. We may disagree on these guys over Watson, but I'll gladly agree on Eason.

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

HYuCDwij.jpg

The top 5 picks in next year's draft will all be QBs (Jets will get the best one, obv). Watson will probably not make Houston's week 1 roster

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

The top 5 picks in next year's draft will all be QBs (Jets will get the best one, obv). Watson will probably not make Houston's week 1 roster

Odds that everyone is saying Tank for Tarzan and pass on this years QB's class come March 2018?

I actually dont know if anyone calls Jacob Eason Tarzan other than me but I cant think of a catchy phrase with Jacob or Eason in it but you get the point.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Odds that everyone is saying Tank for Tarzan and pass on this years QB's class come March 2018?

I actually dont know if anyone calls Jacob Eason Tarzan other than me but I cant think of a catchy phrase with Jacob or Eason in it but you get the point.

I like it!

6 hours ago, JiF said:

And with the #1 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft The New York Jets select.........(BTW this is the GM that selected Christian Hackenberg in Rd 2).

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Watson better than Darnold, Rosen, Allen?  Better at what? Running a run and shoot offense? Yea but this is the NFL where arm strength, accuracy, vision, running a pro style offense are critical ingredients to succeed. 

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Watson better than Darnold, Rosen, Allen?  Better at what? Running a run and shoot offense? Yea but this is the NFL where arm strength, accuracy, vision, running a pro style offense are critical ingredients to succeed. 

I have no idea if Watson is better than those guys and neither do the rest of you. The difference between us is that I'm willing to admit it while the rest of you are so sure of next year's crop being great, and of us having our pick of them, that you're still fluffing Maccagnan for taking a strong safety at #6 overall.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I have no idea if Watson is better than those guys and neither do the rest of you. The difference between us is that I'm willing to admit it while the rest of you are so sure of next year's crop being great, and of us having our pick of them, that you're still fluffing Maccagnan for taking a strong safety at #6 overall.

Taking Watson over Adams would instantly classify you as a fluffer.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I am sure you would be happy with a guy like EJ Manuel or Christian Ponder or Jake Locker also because they are QBs and therefore better than Adams. Maybe the smart move is to pass on question marks like Watson/Mahomes and instead draft a sure thing in Adams and have some patience to get your stud QB next year when just about every scout will tell you the QB class is far more talented. 

Archived