Todd Bowles is a far better coach today than he was yesterday..

Beerfish

We've already seen the the press begin to martyr him. It will only get more prevalent.  His job security has gone up by several notches now that the jets have purged the team of vets.  This will only ramp up with local press, the national media and some on here.  "How do you expect him to win when you give him not talent?"    "How are you supposed to have discipline and good character when you remove all the solid vets?"

This will be like the famous 'Rex's best coaching job year' and like Rex he will get another two years to screw up after this one.

Yes indeed Todd Bowles is suddenly a lot better coach who has to put up with no talent, get ready for everyone and their dog to throw rose petals at his feet.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

We've already seen the the press begin to martyr him. It will only get more prevalent.  His job security has gone up by several notches now that the jets have purged the team of vets.  This will only ramp up with local press, the national media and some on here.  "How do you expect him to win when you give him not talent?"    "How are you supposed to have discipline and good character when you remove all the solid vets?"

This will be like the famous 'Rex's best coaching job year' and like Rex he will get another two years to screw up after this one.

Yes indeed Todd Bowles is suddenly a lot better coach who has to put up with no talent, get ready for everyone and their dog to throw rose petals at his feet.

Simply wonder what was said to induce Morton to take this OC job. And have to think part of it was if this goes to total poop there may be an in house hiring for HC. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Simply wonder what was said to induce Morton to take this OC job. And have to think part of it was if this goes to total poop there may be an in house hiring for HC. 

I think Morton is a good coach, i liked the hire but he is also the oc and his side of the ball truly has ZERO talent.  so he will get it in the neck while Bowles underachiever sh*t defense skates

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Bowles looked like a beaten man at that presser yesterday.  I don't think he survives this coming year.  There has to be a scapegoat and HC is the easiest position to point fingers at.

No bowles just pouted and threw the GM under the bus.  Sooner or later Bowles will go behind macs back and go to woody.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No bowles just pouted and threw the GM under the bus.  Sooner or later Bowles will go behind macs back and go to woody.

Could be to late for that.  Have a feeling that Macc has Woody's ear.   Wonder who actually hired Morton?  Macc or Bowles?

if it's Macc, Bowles is in real trouble.  That 45 min delay before the presser yesterday was very odd.  Some how I got the feeling that Bowles was in talking to Macc "What the heck's going on here?"

ROFLMAO at the title of this thread.

Ok, I have nothing against Todd Bowles as a person, I am sure he a good Man, perhaps a good father (not sure if he has children), definitely a good family man etc. but the fact of the matter is he sucks and will always suck as a HC, but ok, let's be fair and play a little game. The game is to think real hard and come up with one thing Mr. Bowles is proficient at in regard to his job as a HC. Even if I put my feelings aside and put my objective glasses on, I honestly cannot think of one thing he does well. For example, he came here as a "Defensive guru" yet his defenses woefully underachieved in his first 2 seasons as a HC. These are my beloved NY Jets, my favorite sports franchise of all, and there is nothing I would love more than to be here writing positive posts, however the fact remains Bowles had a team full of talented Vets the last 2 years and wet the bed both years, last year being an utter and complete embarrassment of incompetence. I can not get past Indianapolis, Arizona, KC, PIt, NE, Mia, and especially playing Fitzpatrick in week 17. Also, I do remember a few other games last season where his team quit on him. That is inexcusable. I could go out and coach a 5-11 team to quit on me. That would be easy. What is not easy is to keep them focused and competitive which he clearly did/could not. He looked overmatched, outcoached, and ridiculous in most games last season. Who kicks a FG down 41-0 with a 4-10 record? I have never been so embarrassed to be a Jet fan on all of my 55 years on this planet. 

So all of the utter BS about a "total rebuild" is complete nonsense. The main problem with this team still roams the sidelines.

25 minutes ago, peebag said:

Bowles looked like a beaten man at that presser yesterday.  I don't think he survives this coming year.  There has to be a scapegoat and HC is the easiest position to point fingers at.

It's going to get really ugly.  Empty seats and maybe even an 0-16 record.  I know Woody is clueless but I doubt he keeps Macc

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think Morton is a good coach, i liked the hire but he is also the oc and his side of the ball truly has ZERO talent.  so he will get it in the neck while Bowles underachiever sh*t defense skates

Seriously, what is he supposed to work with?

Hack, a bunch of really young WR, a mediocre O Line, and decent running back? 

Forte must be kicking himself right now.   A year ago, Marshall was telling him to come, good O, all of that.   Now, 1 season later..

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

The media does like Bowles alot.

Because the fans do not. If the fans liked him, the media wouldn't dump on him. It's what they do, and they do it because it's what sells.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Because the fans do not. If the fans liked him, the media wouldn't dump on him. It's what they do, and they do it because it's what sells.

I agree.  Mehta, Cimini and Costello are hack contrarians who annihilated Rex any chance they had but argued that Bowles "deserved" to keep his job after looking clueless

2 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

They liked Hillary too and look how that turned out.

Hey we avoid politics here. I know it is just a joke but someone always takes these jokes and runs with them (usually off a cliff lol).

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

I agree.  Mehta, Cimini and Costello are hack contrarians who annihilated Rex any chance they had but argued that Bowles "deserved" to keep his job after looking clueless

They all lobbied for Rex, once the fans turned on him too.

You aren't telling folks anything new here. 

19 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Seriously, what is he supposed to work with?

Hack, a bunch of really young WR, a mediocre O Line, and decent running back? 

Forte must be kicking himself right now.   A year ago, Marshall was telling him to come, good O, all of that.   Now, 1 season later..

It's mind boggling that Forte is still a Jet. Regardless of cap, which we have, there is no reason to retain him this year.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's mind boggling that Forte is still a Jet. Regardless of cap, which we have, there is no reason to retain him this year.

It would cost the Jets $1 Million additional dollars to cut him... Why would anyone make that bad of a business decision regardless of what is at stake...

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He gets $ 5 million guaranteed either way so no compelling reason to dump him. Cimini was on Sirius and mentioned that.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

He gets $ 5 million guaranteed either way so no compelling reason to dump him. Cimini was on Sirius and mentioned that.

No.... its worse then that.... it costs the Jets $6 million to cut him... $5 Million to keep him

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

unitedwhofan has hijacked monkeys account!!!

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

Bowles is a dead man walking.  I cant see him being kept after this season.

My $0.02

If they had done this the 1st season, no one would have blamed Bowles, and the team would be on it's way to being better.    Instead, they tried a "Competitive rebuild" with a bunch of older guys.

A lot of head coaches are only as good as their GM. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes it is mind boggling. Is there anyone on the roster more washed up than this guy?

And the GM cant see that?

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Nah, he's done.  I doubt he even survives the season.

31 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Nah, he's done.  I doubt he even survives the season.

I am firmly convinced he is in no danger at all.  He should be but he isn't.  the people Woody is going to listen to are the guys who told him to hire the coach and other league types who will all be behind Bowles without actually watching the guy coach.  Woody has also bought into the 'rebuild' and will give this guy a lot of rope.

The only way bowles gets canned is if there is a huge front office blow up and woody has to choose between Mac and Bowles.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

A version of the infamous "Geno Smith Defense." No weaponzz.

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

A version of the infamous "Geno Smith Defense." No weaponzz.

Yup, exactly.  (Oh and Hack will get that one as well, probably from the same people that wanted Marshall and Decker gone)

I personally think it is still very possible he gets fired after the season-- media bias or not.  The talent on the field doesn't interfere with clock management and other coaching skills that can still be evaluated this year.  If he is as bad as he was last year, he will be shown the door.  I really hope he and the team surprise us because I am sick of the rotating door of coaching.

Archived