Woody must've given Mac assurances...right??

JOJOTOWNSELL

In my opinion woody gave Mac an ultimatum...get me a franchise qb in next years draft or you are fired.  This is the only logical explanation to what is happening right now.  Think about it, if Mac gets us a stud qb next year then this whole board will be singing his praises and it will be easy for Woody to extend him.  Usually the objective for an owner going into the season is to win a super bowl......this year the number 1 pick is Woodys super bowl

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Mac has job security. The only way I see him fired is if there's a massive locker room revolt. 

And with our great leader HC we know that can and will never happen.

3309715825_7f6495a909_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Me thinks Maccagnan saw Hackenberg in the first 8 practices and decided that he needed a QB from this year's draft class.

The reports I'm hearing is Petty looks even worse.  Figures his skill set has no business playing in WCO

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

In my opinion woody gave Mac an ultimatum...get me a franchise qb in next years draft or you are fired.  This is the only logical explanation to what is happening right now.  Think about it, if Mac gets us a stud qb next year then this whole board will be singing his praises and it will be easy for Woody to extend him.  Usually the objective for an owner going into the season is to win a super bowl......this year the number 1 pick is Woodys super bowl

You assume Woody still cares and actually is organized enough to plan

In Woody's mind he's a big political guy now about to become  ambassador.  When the stadium is a ghost town next fall both Mac and Bowles will be canned probably by his brother

the only way to build a team for the long term is through the draft.

The tank gives us draft position next year. Actually I think we will have good draft positions for 2-3 years based on our talent base

A simpler explanation would be that Woody is dumb enough to think Maccagnan is doing a good job. A simpler one still is that Woody is a hopeless simpleton who'll decide Maccagnan's fate based on the quality of the puns on the back of the Post and Daily News.

1 hour ago, sciond said:

the only way to build a team for the long term is through the draft.

The tank gives us draft position next year. Actually I think we will have good draft positions for 2-3 years based on our talent base

Jets are stocked up on DLs. That's the only position they've had any real success at building through the draft.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

A simpler explanation would be that Woody is dumb enough to think Maccagnan is doing a good job. A simpler one still is that Woody is a hopeless simpleton who'll decide Maccagnan's fate based on the quality of the puns on the back of the Post and Daily News.

Punda Diplomacy?

Just now, Mogglez said:

I honestly don't think this is too far off.

They talk about Sam like hes the next Luck, so hopefully its the case. We just have to hope we get the #1 pick and that Sam actually declares for the draft.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Isn't Sam supposed to be a "guarantee" though?

Wait until the end of this season and I think that Rosen is gonna be up there with him.  I think the hype for this class is going to be off the charts.  Much higher than 2012.

9 hours ago, thadude said:

Woody promised Mangini he was safe after trading for Favre, 4 months later Mangini was fired

This. Once those billboards are put up after Macc f*cks up another year, Woody will cave. 

11 hours ago, pointman said:

I just tell myself we are acting like Indy did when Luck was about to be the numero uno pick.

A bit revisionist based on the end results, no? Today is June 8th. This time in 2011 the lockout was still in effect.

1. After the lockout ended, on July 30th that year they signed Peyton Manning to a $90m extension (with $26m payable in 2011).

2. As a holdover starter with Manning still not ready yet, they also signed Kerry Collins for another $4m in late August, precisely so the season wouldn't be in the crapper by the time Manning would hopefully return. 

Teams don't do either of those two things if they're already tanking before the first game. They'd have just rescinded Manning's franchise tag, don't sign Collins, and save that extra ~$30m to spend around Andrew Luck (back when the cap was $120m).

They also would have cut 32 year-old Dallas Clark in 2011, after missing most of 2010, instead of paying him another $4m. They also didn't have to re-sign 38-39 year old Adam Vinatieri at $3.5m/yr literally the day before they extended Manning. 

The Colts didn't suck-for-Luck until they were already multiple games into the 2011 season. 

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Wait until the end of this season and I think that Rosen is gonna be up there with him.  I think the hype for this class is going to be off the charts.  Much higher than 2012.

Rosen is a classless douche, no leadership skills, teammates hate him, I wouldn't be shocked to see him fall to day 2 in next years draft being the 4th, or 5th QB off the board behind Sam, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph.

Archived