Rough night for Jamal Adams

AFJF

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It wasn't perfectly lined up for him so it's not his fault he whiffed on the tackle. Goodness, some of you would rip out your eyes before admitting a Jets players is at fault for his own play. 

I'm not concerned about Adams, but damn you went way out of your way to pretend he has no fault on that play.

He had no fault because he played his assignment  on the play . He had outside containment and he kept the RB inside while disengaging from the blocker . IMO, and it's my opinion, Adams did enough to even get an arm in on the RB .

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

He had no fault because he played his assignment  on the play . He had outside containment and he kept the RB inside while disengaging from the blocker . IMO, and it's my opinion, Adams did enough to even get an arm in on the RB .

Ok to miss tackles as long as you followed your assignment. Is that you, Bowles? Getting an arm on a guy is a great play! 

I have to say that I think you're on the level of a Jets coach.

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Ok to miss tackles as long as you followed your assignment. Is that you, Bowles? Getting an arm on a guy is a great play! 

I have to say that I think you're on the level of a Jets coach.

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate that you think i'm as competent as an NFL coach .

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Except we're not talking about a GM who is part of an old boy network.  Or a HC.  And yes you listed a few but Belichick was a retread, Parcells was, Cowher would have been one, Gruden would be one too.  Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex and Bowles aren't.  

None of this means anyone on the board could run a better draft than whoever.  Fans here pimped Fitz, Irsay drafted Manning and Luck, has made the playoffs often and won a SB.  

Two obvious generational QBs.  And even with that, the Colts have one only one SB and doing their best to ruin Andrew Luck's career.

Do you think the Cleveland Cavaliers are a well run organization?  No.  They got lucky with Lebron James.  They're still a terribly run organization.

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So far Maye looks better. But these are rookies in their second pre-season game. Only bitter SOJfs would  be whining about the pick already. 

We have scored 13 points in 8 quarters of football 2 FG's and 1 TD you cannot win games in the NFL if you have no offense. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We have scored 13 points in 8 quarters of football 2 FG's and 1 TD you cannot win games in the NFL if you have no offense. 

Agreed. This team needs to load up on offense the next few drafts. But whining about Adams is like whining about Leonard Williams based on a bad preseason game in his rookie year. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. This team needs to load up on offense the next few drafts. But whining about Adams is like whining about Leonard Williams based on a bad preseason game in his rookie year. 

I never whined about Adams and I never will but have you seen Mahomes and Dalvin Cook things could have been different here Mike Maccagnan is not the answer at GM. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I never whined about Adams and I never will but have you seen Mahomes and Dalvin Cook things could have been different here Mike Maccagnan is not the answer at GM. 

I loved Cook, but a team rebuilding doesn't need a RB that will get abused behind a bad line/with no QB. By the time this team is good, Cook will have plenty of miles. Plus Cook had plenty of off the field question marks. If we were  a RB away from being a contender I would have killed for Cooks/Mccaffery/Mixon/Fournette.

The Qbs were trickier. Next years class is much better, but that doesn't mean one of these guys (Mahomes/Watson/Trubisky/Kizer) can't become a stud. Plenty of B+ prospects at QB emerge, but many do not. Guys like Bortles/RG3/Bridgwater/Manuel/Ponder type guys were well liked, but never fulfilled the promise.

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I loved Cook, but a team rebuilding doesn't need a RB that will get abused behind a bad line/with no QB. By the time this team is good, Cook will have plenty of miles. Plus Cook had plenty of off the field question marks. If we were  a RB away from being a contender I would have killed for Cooks/Mccaffery/Mixon/Fournette.

The Qbs were trickier. Next years class is much better, but that doesn't mean one of these guys (Mahomes/Watson/Trubisky/Kizer) can't become a stud. Plenty of B+ prospects at QB emerge, but many do not. Guys like Bortles/RG3/Bridgwater/Manuel/Ponder type guys were well liked, but never fulfilled the promise.

Next years QB class look good in the NCAA the NFL is an entire different level of football. 

Hope for the best expect the worst life as a Jets fan.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You take Williams off of the 2nd preseason game.  I'm content to let their careers play out, am happy with the player everyone had rated over Tim Williams.  But hey, you keep scouring the stat lines to give yourself material and calling both players mediocre.  I'll just keep in mind your post if improved still would come up way short of mediocre.  

Jamal Adams SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So far Maye looks better. But these are rookies in their second pre-season game. Only bitter SOJfs would  be whining about the pick already. 

Does Maye look better than Dalvin Cook, Deshone Kizer and Tim Williams?  

How-About-No-Bear.jpg

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I loved Cook, but a team rebuilding doesn't need a RB that will get abused behind a bad line/with no QB.

The Vikings have the worst OL in the NFL.  Even worse than the Macagnan-built Jets OL.  Cook just runs really good routes, has good hands and has good game speed

If you have those qualities you don't need the 90's Cowboys OL blocking for you

39 minutes ago, thadude said:

Does Maye look better than Dalvin Cook, Deshone Kizer and Tim Williams?  

First off, yeah, he looks  better than Kizer. Better thank cook and every other player taken after him? Probably not. But your method of analysis is easy to make every draft pick look bad. Unless you draft a HOFer, there will always be a player here or there that outperforms the player you took. If Maye turns out to be a 10 year starter that makes a few Pro Bowls, I am not going to be upset because Cook happens to be a HOF RB. I love Cook, I also loved Mccffery/Fournette/Mixon. This was a great RB class, but when you are rebuilding you usually don't draft a RB. The Cowboys didn't take Elliot before they built a great line. They also took Zeke despite some off the field issues and he's already been suspended 6 games. Cook has a much more checkered past (same with Mixon) so I am not sure passing on them will look stupid in a few years when they wear down/get suspended etc....

Either way, can these players make one play during a real game before we anoint them? 

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

First off, yeah, he looks  better than Kizer. Better thank cook and every other player taken after him? Probably not. But your method of analysis is easy to make every draft pick look bad. Unless you draft a HOFer, there will always be a player here or there that outperforms the player you took. If Maye turns out to be a 10 year starter that makes a few Pro Bowls, I am not going to be upset because Cook happens to be a HOF RB. I love Cook, I also loved Mccffery/Fournette/Mixon. This was a great RB class, but when you are rebuilding you usually don't draft a RB. The Cowboys didn't take Elliot before they built a great line. They also took Zeke despite some off the field issues and he's already been suspended 6 games. Cook has a much more checkered past (same with Mixon) so I am not sure passing on them will look stupid in a few years when they wear down/get suspended etc....

Either way, can these players make one play during a real game before we anoint them? 

Maye looks like an ok safety which are a dime a dozen

On 8/19/2017 at 11:02 PM, Maxman said:

He definitely keeps leaving his feet. It's like he is playing Madden and hits the dive button.

Not surprising. Mac and the Jets are taking a dive this season.  Dive Dive Dive....Voyage To The Bottom of The NFL 

On 8/19/2017 at 11:57 PM, RoadFan said:

I am in.  I didn't watch any film on Dak.  Kudos.

FTR, my biggest miss of the last 3 years was OBJ.  I saw a guy that seemed to lose his balance too easily.  Boy was I wrong about that.  Turns out he was actually so athletic, his body was changing direction at an absurd rate of speed that few could do without stumbling at least a little.  In my defense, I might not have missed that if I saw him in person as opposed to youtube videos.

I love how ridiculous you sound when you start down this path... truly awesome!

I think we can still blame Idzik for this. Had he drafted Clintons Dix Haha, we wouldn't have drafted Adams. 
As long as Mac doesn't get blamed, we are gold!

Such a weird pick considering Haha was an option. They went to scout a QB yet looked at a SS...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure he does.

To you everyone sucks.  It's what trolls always post.  

Jamal Adams is going to be an even bigger fiasco than Calvin Pryor or Dee Milliner.  The guys we passed on for Adams are going to blow the NFL away and Adams might not even be in the nfl in 4 years

On 8/19/2017 at 11:12 PM, Gastineau Lives said:

Somebody in my brother's fantasy league drafted Jamal Adams as his IDP. lol

If they get points for tackles, he could very well rack up a ton about 8 yards from the LOS, as our defense won't be able to get off the field.  

Did he take BOTH Jet safeties though?  Gotta have 2!

16 minutes ago, thadude said:

Jamal Adams is going to be an even bigger fiasco than Calvin Pryor or Dee Milliner.  The guys we passed on for Adams are going to blow the NFL away and Adams might not even be in the nfl in 4 years

Wow... above average football IQ for a man his age, positive presence in the locker room, good physical tools... out of the league in 4 years? Really?

The sad part is you'll never be able to enjoy it when he plays well because then you'll have one less thing to be miserable about.

6 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Wow... above average football IQ for a man his age, positive presence in the locker room, good physical tools... out of the league in 4 years? Really?

I'll take it easy because I like your sig but no.  Jamal Adams is not good.

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If they get points for tackles, he could very well rack up a ton about 8 yards from the LOS, as our defense won't be able to get off the field.  

Did he take BOTH Jet safeties though?  Gotta have 2!

In fantasy Jamal Adams might be good.  So was Vilma

Archived