Pointdexter

The two safeties vs Watson/Mahomes and Cook

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

sg3?

you want to follow and believe a lying sack of shlt?  Go for it

It seems unlikely there are two people with this vapid combination of homerism and histrionics.

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh... Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh...

I hate that other fans are unhappy that the Jets are looking like the least talented team in the NFL with little promising young talent, and essentially none at any position that matters...

Here's a thought...

Capture.JPG

You're gonna sign out?...works for me 

4 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Sam Darnold isn't anywhere near the prospect that Andrew Luck was.

Actually watched some of his games earlier and not all that impressed tbh....I don'tsee him as any better than the 3rd best QB at this point, both Rosen and Allen are more impressive

6 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Actually watched some of his games earlier and not all that impressed tbh....I don'tsee him as any better than the 3rd best QB at this point, both Rosen and Allen are more impressive

I'm in agreement. That wind-up of his reminds me of Blake Bortles. I'm not interested in drafting a QB who needs to be retaught how to throw a football in the NFL.

12 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I'm in agreement. That wind-up of his reminds me of Blake Bortles. I'm not interested in drafting a QB who needs to be retaught how to throw a football in the NFL.

The problem with the NFL is that they think EVERYONE needs to be retaught certain things at QB to their liking, and they ruin a handful of guys for it, imagine if Rivers let someone reteach him how to throw a football like everyone said he should at the next level?  Some people just have "IT" no matter the mechanics, and such, and I'm of the believers that Darnold is the QB next year that has "IT", shame because the Jets passed on the guy that has "IT" in the 2017 draft, and will need a lot of luck to land Darnold.

19 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Agreed, not just that but he's very skittish back there, happy feet all over the place and if he's 6-4 I'll be shocked, only watched a handful of games but he rarely steps up into the pocket, almost every snap is out of the shotgun....he makes some plays no doubt but I think it'll be Rosen(stands tall, good feet, steps up into the pocket and into throws and rips it) and Allen who battle it out for No1 overall. Maybe I'm wrong and the coming season might change things but I don't get the hype and as you say the throwing motion will put off a lot of scouts.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

The problem with the NFL is that they think EVERYONE needs to be retaught certain things at QB to their liking, and they ruin a handful of guys for it, imagine if Rivers let someone reteach him how to throw a football like everyone said he should at the next level?  Some people just have "IT" no matter the mechanics, and such, and I'm of the believers that Darnold is the QB next year that has "IT", shame because the Jets passed on the guy that has "IT" in the 2017 draft, and will need a lot of luck to land Darnold.

I don't disagree with you, but Philip Rivers is the exception to the rule. For every Philip Rivers there's 10 Byron Leftwich's, Tim Tebow's, David Carr's, etc. If we're going to invest a top 3 pick into a QB, I'd prefer to not have to tear a guy down and rebuild him.

With someone like Hackenberg, it's fine. We knew what we were getting; a second round pick who needed to be rebuilt. This is fine and dandy, except the Jets DIDN'T tear him and down and rebuild him in his redshirt rookie year. They waited until the off-season to do this, because, per the coaching staff, this wasn't possible to do in-season, despite the fact that there were three quarterbacks ahead of Hackenberg all year long. Why even redshirt the kid if you're not going to spend the time fixing what was wrong with him?

This whole organization is a disaster.

5 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I don't disagree with you, but Philip Rivers is the exception to the rule. For every Philip Rivers there's 10 Byron Leftwich's, Tim Tebow's, David Carr's, etc. If we're going to invest a top 3 pick into a QB, I'd prefer to not have to tear a guy down and rebuild him.

With someone like Hackenberg, it's fine. We knew what we were getting; a second round pick who needed to be rebuilt. This is fine and dandy, except the Jets DIDN'T tear him and down and rebuild him in his redshirt rookie year. They waited until the off-season to do this, because, per the coaching staff, this wasn't possible to do in-season, despite the fact that there were three quarterbacks ahead of Hackenberg all year long. Why even redshirt the kid if you're not going to spend the time fixing what was wrong with him?

This whole organization is a disaster.

Darnold is in the Rivers category, he is the 1 in 10.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

UH-OH halt the Mahomes to Canton bus tour.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Alex Smith is the unquestioned starter.

"It's Alex's job," Reid said. "There's no gray area with that." No. 10 overall pick Patrick Mahomes has created the buzz this offseason, but Smith has been quietly excellent, completing 12-of-15 passes for 131 yards and a touchdown. Unless he falls completely on his face, Smith will be the starter all season and remains an undervalued asset in deeper fantasy leagues.

That settles it then; Mahomes sucks and can't hold Hack's jock strap.

37 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Agreed, not just that but he's very skittish back there, happy feet all over the place and if he's 6-4 I'll be shocked, only watched a handful of games but he rarely steps up into the pocket, almost every snap is out of the shotgun....he makes some plays no doubt but I think it'll be Rosen(stands tall, good feet, steps up into the pocket and into throws and rips it) and Allen who battle it out for No1 overall. Maybe I'm wrong and the coming season might change things but I don't get the hype and as you say the throwing motion will put off a lot of scouts.

I too am not all in on Darnold.  A big part of the hype with him is the school that he goes to.  A previous poster said Darnold is way ahead of Mahomes.  I wonder if said poster would be saying the same thing if Darnold played for Texas Tech and Mahomes for USC.

I agree with the happy feet and the questionable 6-4 listing.  That long wind up is also a major issue; supposedly, he's has shorten it a bit during the off-season.  I'm curious to see how performs this year having tinkered his throwing motion.  I want to see if he reverts back when under pressure.  All that said I think I would still take him over Rosen and Allen at this point.  Rosen is too stiff for my liking; I also see him as one of those guys who needs the best conditions to have success.  I like the fact that Darnold seems to thrive when things around him are falling apart.  Allen is the most talented and the most reckless of the 3.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

It seems unlikely there are two people with this vapid combination of homerism and histrionics.

Speaking of rabid homers, where's RayRay these days?

I thought Maccagnan was a great hire. But I was wrong, he sucks. He's doing the same sh*t our last two GM's did - using all of our premium draft picks on defense. We could've drafted two offensive players this past draft and had them developing until we could've drafted a QB next year. 

Keep telling yourselves that safeties will win us games. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

UH-OH halt the Mahomes to Canton bus tour.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Alex Smith is the unquestioned starter.

"It's Alex's job," Reid said. "There's no gray area with that." No. 10 overall pick Patrick Mahomes has created the buzz this offseason, but Smith has been quietly excellent, completing 12-of-15 passes for 131 yards and a touchdown. Unless he falls completely on his face, Smith will be the starter all season and remains an undervalued asset in deeper fantasy leagues.

Sounds like they want to develop him and have him sit this year. F'n lunatics. Who does that.

It's very apparent that the jets went for defense early.You cannot make a judgement call on the quarter backs drafted early. Very few q.b.s make it early in the n.f.l.

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Which franchise QB were you pushing for at 6?  Who was a cant miss, franchise QB.  Which one? You keep blabbing but never give us the QB who was going to change things.

Pretty much all you can do is talk negative and make fun of the fact that everywhere the kid goes hes a leader.  To a true devoted fan thats an open door to make fun of the pick.

it's like the guys who say they can trade to get this guy or that.  the last two qb's worth anything were winston and mariota and there was simply no way tampa was going to trade out and neither were the titans.  maybe wentz but philly wasn't trading out either.

1 hour ago, legler82 said:

I too am not all in on Darnold.  A big part of the hype with him is the school that he goes to.  A previous poster said Darnold is way ahead of Mahomes.  I wonder if said poster would be saying the same thing if Darnold played for Texas Tech and Mahomes for USC.

I agree with the happy feet and the questionable 6-4 listing.  That long wind up is also a major issue; supposedly, he's has shorten it a bit during the off-season.  I'm curious to see how performs this year having tinkered his throwing motion.  I want to see if he reverts back when under pressure.  All that said I think I would still take him over Rosen and Allen at this point.  Rosen is too stiff for my liking; I also see him as one of those guys who needs the best conditions to have success.  I like the fact that Darnold seems to thrive when things around him are falling apart.  Allen is the most talented and the most reckless of the 3.

Pretty fair analysis all-round, there's the character question surrounding Rosen too but I actually quite like what i've seen and heard from him. He might be a prick but the right kind of prick!! You see stiffness I see upright and in control of his movement but point taken.

The other guy to keep an eye on is Nick Fitzgerald at Mississippi State. Great size and off the scale talent as both a passer and running, might actually be better than Dak! 

25 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's like the guys who say they can trade to get this guy or that.  the last two qb's worth anything were winston and mariota and there was simply no way tampa was going to trade out and neither were the titans.  maybe wentz but philly wasn't trading out either.

Fairly sure the Browns traded away the chance to draft Wentz by dealing the pick to Philly

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

Fairly sure the Browns traded away the chance to draft Wentz by dealing the pick to Philly

i think you're right.  the browns had a number of high picks, forever.

2 hours ago, legler82 said:

totally agree on the usc hypre.  leinart was one of those can't miss types.  how'd he work out?  i just hope they're careful about assessing darnold.

Mahomes and cook just gets you on the hampster wheel of mediocrity

Let it go fellas

It's a race to the bottom, it's obvious to me mutiple teams love next year's QB class

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Jarbril Peppers can return kicks FWIW. Don't believe either Jets guy does specials.

Peppers is looking like a young Troy Polumalu compared to the two JAGs Mac drafted

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Mahomes and cook just gets you on the hampster wheel of mediocrity

Let it go fellas

It's a race to the bottom, it's obvious to me mutiple teams love next year's QB class

Cook is any qb's best friend.  So dumb passing on him and Kizer for a freakin safety

5 hours ago, naturalscience said:

Our gm stinks. The last gm stinks. The gm before him stinks. Our next gm stinks. The gm after him stinks.

Yeah but Macagnan needs another 20 years to fix the problems caused by Idzik's 2014 draft

4 minutes ago, thadude said:

Cook is any qb's best friend.  So dumb passing on him and Kizer for a freakin safety

Kizer is horrendous, Cook I agree with.

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Plenty of QBs are picked early and fail.  The board cried for P Lynch a year ago because Elway scouted him.  He sucks.  So how many shltty first round QBs win SBs?  You make it sound like all you need to do is draft a guy in the first and you're in.  Like Bortles.  Like RGIII?  Which S? Ed Reed, shltty QB and Reed won.  Ronnie Lott won.  

Theyre rebuilding, if you haven't gotten this it's on you.

Ed Reed? lol seriously? That D didn't happen to have 6-7 other pro bowlers did it? Idzik was crucified cuz he passed on Carr cuz he had Geno. Come to think of it, Macc has passed on several potentially good QBs cuz he had who exactly? Your rebuild starts with the QB unless you have the decades best D, which we obviously don't. We certainly are rebuilding, but how does that make it right? And yes, when you have chumps like Hack, you SHOULD draft a QB. WTF is Mac waiting for? A roster void of any offensive talent, in a rebuild, yet we have no QB worth a crap. Rebuild doesn't mean you ignore the QB, the most important position in the game. Safety? I'd rank that around 8th most important position on the D. On the D alone. And we draft two with our first picks while ignoring everything else. 

If you're going to tell me that we needed 2 safeties to help this rebuild above all positions, then you need a reality check. How many safeties are canton bound in the Pats dynasty? How about in all the games/SBs Mannings have won? Please bring up Ed Reed, one of the best safety to ever play the game, and tell me how many SB trophies he has lined up in his exhibition hall. Yeah, possibly the best safety in the league history. Anamoly? I don't think so. So please keep your nonsense to yourself and accept the fact Mac ****ed up two years in a row, which forced us to go into a complete rebuild mode.