People/Players So Bad, They Should Be Unemployed Today

Warfish

5 minutes ago, Brady's a catcher said:

Do you trust Macc to pick the QB in the '18 draft? That decision could make or break us for years

If we pick at 1 we will get the consensus top qb , it won't be macs fault if he sucks , we would have gotten the guy that any other team would've gotten at that spot . It would just be bad luck can't blame Mac for the top pick busting

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

maybe, but my post are all positive .   Even in hell you will find a preacher .

Amen!

I predicted a while back that this forum wouldn't be able to handle the rebuild. Even my most negative Jets fans friends are resigned to the fact that this team will go 0-16 and they are OK with it because they understand that we need a franchise QB and tanking was the only way to insure we got the #1 guy (presumably Darnold). 

3 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

If we pick at 1 we will get the consensus top qb , it won't be macs fault if he sucks , we would have gotten the guy that any other team would've gotten at that spot . It would just be bad luck can't blame Mac for the top pick busting

True, but at some point the GM gets fired if he whiffs on  1st, 2nd and 4th round QB selections. That really isn't the argument though, it's whether Macc will be given the chance to pick the QB and I am 90% sure he will be. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Amen!

I predicted a while back that this forum wouldn't be able to handle the rebuild. Even my most negative Jets fans friends are resigned to the fact that this team will go 0-16 and they are OK with it because they understand that we need a franchise QB and tanking was the only way to insure we got the #1 guy (presumably Darnold). 

I am OK with us losing. I just don't like them not playing the kids, I get not starting them just yet, but down 20+ in second half there is no reason that, Petty, Stewart, Hansen are not on the field.

Just now, Stark said:

I am OK with us losing. I just don't like them not playing the kids, I get not starting them just yet, but down 20+ in second half there is no reason that, Petty, Stewart, Hansen are not on the field.

Bowles is coaching for his career after the Jets. He is going to start/play the best players for at least the first 4 weeks. I fully expect Petty to take over when we are 0-4 and for the kids to see increased PT as well. It's no fun for the fans and I expect the fans to let them know it on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Bowles is coaching for his career after the Jets. He is going to start/play the best players for at least the first 4 weeks. I fully expect Petty to take over when we are 0-4 and for the kids to see increased PT as well. It's no fun for the fans and I expect the fans to let them know it on Sunday. 

i get that too. It's Bowles. Bowles may be killing his career anyway, his calling card was supposed to be the Defense, we looked awful. At best he is coaching for a D Coordinator position.

I think the kids may actually prove to be better. Stewart for sure should be on the field at WR, not Kerley.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

We'd be better off discussing which players will still be here next year, who to cut, cap space, potential free agents and draft picks for 2018, tailgating, the stadium, and so on...  

Reacting to weekly on-the-field performances this season is a waste of time.  Unless it's about youth developing and performing well.

Unfortunately it's hard to see the youth development when Toilet Bowles plays has-beens like Kerley over guys like Ardarius Stewart. 

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Wait, what?  Isn't it possible that in a lost game you bring the kids and one of them at least lights it up?  If that happened doesn't it make is easier for you as the HC to win some of the following games? 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I don't get the hate for MO. Watch him closely these last 2 games, he's productive despite being doubled.

there was one play where Osemele literally had him by the back of the jersey as he steamed toward Carr and they didn't call holding. The 9 and the 6 were taut and Osemele was a full yard behind Wilkerson. 

He and Leo are the only decent part of the defensive front. The young safeties look good too actually but Wilkerson isn't a problem in fact he's pretty good  

Yea but is he $18 mil good, sounds like you're describing a player that makes $5-7 m

and Leo is getting close to being the most overrated Jet ever

War,

You're right, but I offer the following advice.

Just let it be, man.  Emotionally disconnect, and/or dont watch.  The roster and HC are an excellent combination for a blue-chip QB.  

This is just a 16 game tryout... You wont need to vent if you TRULY accept what this is.

Just now, shevys said:

Unfortunately it's hard to see the youth development when Toilet Bowles plays has-beens like Kerley over guys like Ardarius Stewart. 

Agreed the younger QBs and WRs should be playing, but there are 14 more losses to go.  No real rush.

In the meantime, I just hope most of the board realizes every week will be some form of embarassment and not to overreact.

I mean sure, there will some inevitable bitching.  Just hoping it doesn't consume the whole season.  This should instead be a time for excitement.  

2018 with 100 mil in cap space and top draft picks!  Can't wait.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

-Bowles.  One of the worst Head Coaches I have ever had the displeasure of watching.  His D, in year three, is a spectacular disaster worse in every way that what he inherited.  Add on top his sticking with McCown/Forte/Kearse/Kerley well after the game was long lost, and his sins are unforgivable.

-Raymond.  I don't care that he had one kinda sorta good run.  His fumble changed the game, and he continues to be a fumble-machine.  I would have fired him on the god damn field and sent him to the locker room right then and there.

-D. Lee.  This is clearly turning out to be a horrible pick.  Typical Macc, typical "I know better than everyone else, so I'll pick the undersized/underskilled guy and show everyone".  Lee is the the D what Hack is to the O, a player than never, ever should have been selected where they were, and are not legitimate NFL talents.

-Wilkerson.  Oh how the mighty (in potential) have fallen.  I've never seen a player of his talent-level fall of the face of the earth so pathetically.  He doesn't even try anymore to hide that he's not really trying.  They guy is a total non-factor.  His paycheck is outright theft.

-Macc.  This team is a poorly built disaster.  i don't give two sh*ts about the silly "oh, he's doing this on purpose to get the #1 pick" tin foil hat theorizing.  This team is poorly run from the very top down, Macc has been borderline Idzik-like in his inability to select talent or retain talent or to manage the Head Coach.

If I woke up today to see all these people gone, I wouldn't shed a single tear.  They have all earned it.  And whomever interim might replace them literally couldn't do a worse job.

The embarrassment of yesterday, and the pending embarrassments to come, need to result in someones head.  Preferably multiple someones.

Clean the house.  Fire Macc, fire Bowles, cut Lee, cut Wilk (and ffs cut that fumbling JAG Raymond, he's a nobody anyway).

Hire a GM.  A legit, experienced GM.  Let the GM hire the coaching staff.  Then start the REAL rebuild and talent restoration.

Agree with all of this.  I've been defending Bowles on here a lot lately, but only because the arguments against him are so aggressively stupid, it feels like there's not much of a choice.  You have to get rid of both of them.  Leaving Macc behind would be a colossal mistake.

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't have complete faith in him, but there aren't many GMs available that I would put all my faith into. My hope is that we fire Bowles and hire an experienced Coach or an offensive guru that will help the process. In the end, there are years when the choice at QB is a slam dunk and this is that year. If we finish with the worst record a chimp could be the GM and our pick would be Darnold. 

I don't know, do we know for certain Darnold (if he even comes out) is the no-doubt top pick? I don;t have time to watch a lot of college ball but  I have dvr'd the last two USC games and there's a lot to love about Darnold but he's no finished product. Don't get me wrong, at this point, today, I would be thrilled with Darnold. Long way to go till draft day though.

Like you thought on an experienced offensive couch having a lot of imput but ultimately the GM makes the call - unless the coach gets a Chip Kelly type deal. You say this can;t be ****ed up...but this is the Jets.

Oh, one minor addition:

Whichever NY Jets Players and/or Coachs went crying to the media about how unhappy they were that Lynch was dancing, and how offended they were, and how disrespected they felt....

......that soft little wuss needs cut, today, immediately.  

Not tomorrow.  Not after breakfast,  Now.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

War,

Just let it be, man.  Emotionally disconnect, and/or dont watch.  The roster and HC are an excellent combination for a blue-chip QB.  

This is just a 16 game tryout... You wont need to vent if you TRULY accept what this is.

I lol'd and cheered a little bit when the kid muffed the punt just before halftime. Such a Jetsy thing to do after getting  back in a game they had no business being in. Don't go a win a game or two and mess this up!

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

War,

Just let it be, man.  Emotionally disconnect, and/or dont watch.  The roster and HC are an excellent combination for a blue-chip QB.   This is just a 16 game tryout...

You wont need to vent if you accept what this is.

My fandom is like the Black Knight.  Bowles and Macc are only flesh wounds, I'll bite yer ankles off!

No disconnection here my friend!

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Oh, one minor addition:

Whichever NY Jets Players and/or Coachs went crying to the media about how unhappy they were that Lynch was dancing, and how offended they were, and how disrespected they felt....

Lynch's dancing was the only time I smiled during the game. That was fantastic. 

You don't want opposing players dancing on the sidelines? Don't let them build a four touchdown lead, you scrubs.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

They are tanking.  It will be this way all season.

I know it'd be great to lose every game while also looking like a good team, but that's not gonna happen.  Things are gonna get worse as the season progresses.  

I for one am looking forward to it.  

We'd be better off discussing which players will still be here next year, who to cut, cap space, potential free agents and draft picks for 2018, tailgating, the stadium, and so on...  

Sundays are meaningless.

Reacting to weekly on-the-field performances this season is a waste of time.  Unless it's about youth developing and performing well.

here's the thing.  when the players get it through their heads that they aren't winning they will shut it down and just endure the games.  i think fouts said it right that the offense seemed to have more pep in their step once they made a few plays.  true enough.  they also think they can turn it on next season so no matter what this season is this season and next season is something else. and if they get a whiff that bowles is on the way out then there is no reason for them to do anything.  play for pride?  nah.  they'll be mailing it in and hoping they don't get injured.

the bottom line is bowles has a train wreck on his hands and he has maybe two games to turn it around.

10 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Yea but is he $18 mil good, sounds like you're describing a player that makes $5-7 m

and Leo is getting close to being the most overrated Jet ever

^ So true and for reasons I dont understand (except for possibly Snacks) the players along this d line (and the defense in total) have been way over rated for a decade.

29 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

If only it were that simple.  As it stands right now, there are going to be 2 GOOD looking QB's at the very top of the draft.

1) Darnold, who plays with as powerhouse team in USC, and looks good doing it

2) Rosen, who plays for a very flawed UCLA team.  Right now, IMO Rosen is carrying UCLA.

History suggests one will be a franchise QB, and one not so much.  At the moment I'd choose Rosen (that could change) who Macc chooses (if he's making the pick) will determine the Jets future for quite some time

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Lynch's dancing was the only time I smiled during the game. That was fantastic. 

You don't want opposing players dancing on the sidelines? Don't let them build a four touchdown lead, you scrubs.

this reminds me of when i was a kid and my dad took me to a game at Shea.  jets were losing late in the 4th quarter, game was decided.  gastineau gets a meaningless sack, starts dancing.  a random jet fan yells 'win the game, then you can dance.'  

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh, one minor addition:

If you read the article, he wasn't " feeling disrespected"  He said he had every right to dance.  he was angry that his unit and the Jets put him in a situation that he could dance with 13 mins left.

I don't have any problem with either the dancing, or the self directed anger.

39 minutes ago, Stark said:

i get that too. It's Bowles. Bowles may be killing his career anyway, his calling card was supposed to be the Defense, we looked awful. At best he is coaching for a D Coordinator position.

I think the kids may actually prove to be better. Stewart for sure should be on the field at WR, not Kerley.

Agreed. I don't know a single jets fans that wants to see Kerley. Kearse, on the other hand, looks like a real player. Just because he was a castoff in Seattle doesn't mean he can't be a productive player for this team for the next few years. At least, he is insurance if the young WRs don't pan out. 

34 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Wait, what?  Isn't it possible that in a lost game you bring the kids and one of them at least lights it up?  If that happened doesn't it make is easier for you as the HC to win some of the following games? 

Bowles is a dope. I am simply explaining his rationale, not defending it. 

49 minutes ago, Stark said:

Agreed.   THis management team has shown no signs of competence.  They could have the 1st 5 picks and fukk it up. 

30 minutes ago, Brady's a catcher said:

I don't know, do we know for certain Darnold (if he even comes out) is the no-doubt top pick? I don;t have time to watch a lot of college ball but  I have dvr'd the last two USC games and there's a lot to love about Darnold but he's no finished product. Don't get me wrong, at this point, today, I would be thrilled with Darnold. Long way to go till draft day though.

Like you thought on an experienced offensive couch having a lot of imput but ultimately the GM makes the call - unless the coach gets a Chip Kelly type deal. You say this can;t be ****ed up...but this is the Jets.

I've been talking up Darnold, on this board, since last season. Nothing has changed since then. Darnold is still fairly inexperienced and needs to work on things. But it's better that he is working out the kinks in college. That was the knock on Trubisky. He looked great, but only started about 12 games in college. Darnold started only about 10 games last year and teams are adjusting to him, so it's not crazy for him to be less than perfect to start the year. I watched him at the end of the game against Texas, and as a PSU fan I was have flashbacks to last years Rose Bowl when he tore apart PSU's defense late to pull out the win. He has the "IT" factor. You know he will make the right plays. It's like watching Rodgers at the end of a game. 

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. I don't know a single jets fans that wants to see Kerley. Kearse, on the other hand, looks like a real player. Just because he was a castoff in Seattle doesn't mean he can't be a productive player for this team for the next few years. At least, he is insurance if the young WRs don't pan out. 

Kearse has shown me that he deserves to play, also he is younger than I originally thought. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

-Bowles.  One of the worst Head Coaches I have ever had the displeasure of watching.  His D, in year three, is a spectacular disaster worse in every way that what he inherited.  Add on top his sticking with McCown/Forte/Kearse/Kerley well after the game was long lost, and his sins are unforgivable.

-Raymond.  I don't care that he had one kinda sorta good run.  His fumble changed the game, and he continues to be a fumble-machine.  I would have fired him on the god damn field and sent him to the locker room right then and there.

-D. Lee.  This is clearly turning out to be a horrible pick.  Typical Macc, typical "I know better than everyone else, so I'll pick the undersized/underskilled guy and show everyone".  Lee is the the D what Hack is to the O, a player than never, ever should have been selected where they were, and are not legitimate NFL talents.

-Wilkerson.  Oh how the mighty (in potential) have fallen.  I've never seen a player of his talent-level fall of the face of the earth so pathetically.  He doesn't even try anymore to hide that he's not really trying.  They guy is a total non-factor.  His paycheck is outright theft.

-Macc.  This team is a poorly built disaster.  i don't give two sh*ts about the silly "oh, he's doing this on purpose to get the #1 pick" tin foil hat theorizing.  This team is poorly run from the very top down, Macc has been borderline Idzik-like in his inability to select talent or retain talent or to manage the Head Coach.

How did Buster Skrine keep his name off this list?   

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Lee was picked where he was supposed to be picked. Is he a bust? Yeah, probably. But Macc didn't reach here, that narrative needs to stop. 

That is true everyone:  Lee was picked right around where everyone believed he was go.

Now, here is the issue: Why do we always seem to be the team to pick guys where they should go (COUGH Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, Darron Lee, Vernon Gholston, etc.), and yet they do not work out for us?

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

That is true everyone:  Lee was picked right around where everyone believed he was go.

Now, here is the issue: Why do we always seem to be the team to pick guys where they should go (COUGH Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, Darron Lee, Vernon Gholston, etc.), and yet they do not work out for us?

coaching matters more than we realize.  if you put darron lee on, say, the steelers, he's good.  put him in bowles' defense and bowles thinks he can replace david harris.  

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

The only thing I wanted to see before cutting Lee was him playing OLB in a 4-3 defense, at this point I don't expect him to develop into anything better than a average starter, wich he's not right now.

That is not a horrible result for the 20th pick in a weak draft, but I don't see him even getting to that.

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

coaching matters more than we realize.  if you put darron lee on, say, the steelers, he's good.  put him in bowles' defense and bowles thinks he can replace david harris.  

Steelers picked Artie Burns further down in that draft.  That was the smart pick.

They also made a player out of Ryan Shazier, who is about the same size as Lee.

They also found starting OLBs in Bud Dupree and TJ Watt, both mid-late first rounders.

The Jets could have done very well in 2017 if they traded down.

Hasn't Lee been playing out of position since we drafted him? The guy hasn't looked good but they drafted him and tried to mold him into the player Bowles wanted him to be instead of letting him play football the way he did in college. I didn't like the Lee pick when it was made but I hate when a player is put into a position where he can't be successful and then gets tossed into the dumpster and told he sucks. We did the same crap to Pryor.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived