5. Falk (Wash St)
6. Finley (NC St)
7. Rudolph (OK St)
8. Allen (Wyoming)

Players who I need to see more of:

Ferguson (Memphis)
Thorsen (Northwestern)

Have to add Benkert (Virginia) with his performance against Miami

1. Darnold - He has settled down a bit with only 1 int the past two weeks.  I think he is going to have a big game this week.  If he isn’t the #1 pick, Cleveland shouldn’t be allowed in the NFL any more.

2. Rosen - I think his performance lately has caused me to sour a bit but that could be due to his supporting cast.  Unlike Allen, Rosen makes the players around him better.  Flawless mechanics make him a sure fire top 2 pick.  But injuries may limit his success at the next level.

3. Mayfield - I think this guy is going to be a star.  I think he is a top 5 pick if he comes off well in the interviews.

4. Rudolph - Has a big arm.  Watched several of his games this year.  The only issue with him might be the same issue with Petty.  Can he identify what the defense is trying to do and adjust.  I guess that is the biggest question with all of these spread QBs though.

5. Stidham - Big game QB.  If he stays, he could go very high next year.  His numbers are low because of the offense that Aub runs.

6. Finley - was looking great until the ND game.  Since then he has struggled a bit.  Living in NC, the knock on him and NC St, they play well with the lead, but struggle when behind.  That’s on the QB.

7. Jackson - I’m just not sold that his game will translate.  Don’t know what I need to see.  I guess GMs will need to be convinced he can run a modified pro offense.

8. Grier - Gritty, probably a poor man’s Mayfield.  Not likely a first rounder, played well against TCU and only has one bad game vs OK St.

9. Ferguson - I keep going back to the UCLA game and he was clearly the better QB in that game.  But looking at the first game of the season against LA-Mon, 10-25-97-0-1.  Very inconsistent.

10. Lock (Throws a ton of TDs, and has a very high YPA despite only 59% comp)

1. Rosen

2. Darnold

3. Jackson

4. Mayfield.

5. Stidham

6. Faulk (kind of hesitant here)

7. Finley 

QB's I want ZERO part in

Allen - Hack like, his issues I don't see getting better with higher competition level

Rudolph - this is Bryce Petty

Thorsen - lol, I mean.... no thanks. we don't need another long term project that will flame out.

1) Darnold - He reminds me of Phillip Rivers with Aaron Rodgers mobility and improvisation. He will throw picks, but the TDs and wins will be enough to compensate. 

2) Rosen - Best pure passer. Injury concerns are the only reason he is not number 1. 

3) Mayfield - Ceiling is Russel Wilson, floor is Aaron Garcia. 

4) Lamar Jackson - More refined as a passer than he gets credit for, but he has some mechanical issues that affect his accuracy. 

5) Mason Rudolph - You can win with him, but you need to surround him with very good talent. He isn't going to carry you to victory. Struggles with the pass rush. 

6) Josh Allen - Best talent in the class, but his lack of improvement was heartbreaking this year. Has more talent in his pinkie than Hackenberg, but do you trust your coaches to develop him?

1 - Baker Mayfield - Far and away the best QB prospect in this class. Veteran signal caller has improved each year and has shown poise, accuracy  along with incredible leadership in helping Oklahoma to a possible playoff assignment. The only QB that can step in and start right away.

2 - Sam Darnold - Regressed this year after a superb 2016 as he adjusts to a new offensive system.  Despite his off year Darnold still shows off an accurate arm and the "it" factor in being able to make the big plays when most needed. A little worry would be how he would handle the cold, wet and windy east coast weather. 

====== I see a big drop off after the first two-----------

3 - Lamar Jackson -  Has taken another step forward as a passer this year with improved focus and mechanics. Not a 1-2 year savior but if put in the right situation could be a major weapon down the line with his breathtaking running ability. 

4/5 - Mason Rudolph / Ryan Finley - Both have shown flashes of talent and production which must be respected. Should be drafted as developmental prospects and groomed.

Would not draft under any circumstances:

Josh Rosen - Terrible under pressure, he lives in the middle of the field when he can throw in rhythm, average QB when challenged. Injury prone, throws tons of bad interceptions. The most overrated QB in the class IMO. 

Josh Allen - Off his performances this year he should barely receive a draft-able grade. Plays most of his games against 2nd and 3rd rate competition, looked like a HS QB against Oregon's first tier athletes. A look strider, he is totally miscast as an read option QB absorbing way too may hits with his upright running style. Completely melts down under pressure in the pocket and sometimes appears most comfortable rolling right and throwing on the move.

Darnold scares the hell out of me. These INTs are a huge concern.

I would rank Rosen over him. But Rosen in NY scares the hell out of me too. Hopefully it is a good thing that both of them will be off the board by the time the Jets draft.

I basically see this draft as a 2 horse race, Darnold and Rosen.  They have the most to work with and seem the most pro ready.  Though I think Darnold should stay in school for another year.

Mayfield/Rudolph - I wouldn't touch either but I could understand the appeal to Mayfield.  

Jackson - if you take him, you're hoping that he breaks the trend of run first QB's who fail in the NFL and you'd have to cater the offense for him until he understands how to throw the ball accurately while learning how to run a pro offense and read a defense.  His learning curve will be huge.

I'm really not even remotely interested in anyone else.  Maybe Will Greer to a lesser extent.  

• 2 weeks later...
I basically see this draft as a 2 horse race, Darnold and Rosen.  They have the most to work with and seem the most pro ready.  Though I think Darnold should stay in school for another year.
Mayfield/Rudolph - I wouldn't touch either but I could understand the appeal to Mayfield.  
Jackson - if you take him, you're hoping that he breaks the trend of run first QB's who fail in the NFL and you'd have to cater the offense for him until he understands how to throw the ball accurately while learning how to run a pro offense and read a defense.  His learning curve will be huge.
I'm really not even remotely interested in anyone else.  Maybe Will Greer to a lesser extent.  

Darnold is the grinder.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Darnold is the grinder.

Darnold is the grinder.

Darnold is the grinder.

Darnold is the grinder.

On 11/20/2017 at 1:04 AM, Maxman said:

Darnold scares the hell out of me. These INTs are a huge concern.

I would rank Rosen over him. But Rosen in NY scares the hell out of me too. Hopefully it is a good thing that both of them will be off the board by the time the Jets draft.

Darnold’s game translates better to the nfl than college.  He’s a prototypical drop back qb and college today is all about spread no huddle

If I was suddenly thrusted onto the GM's throne in April, on the day of Judgement.... I'd take it as follows

Round 1:

• Rosen; just trust the product and malleability
  • Darnold; intangibles are the stuff of lore, but he chocked against good D's
  • Mayfield
  • L. Jackson

Round 2: (if it had to come to that)

• Falk
  • Ferguson

Rounds 3-4 (I should be fired if it came to this)

• Thorson
  • Stidham
  • Allen

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

If I was suddenly thrusted onto the GM's throne in April, on the day of Judgement.... I'd take it as follows

Round 1:

• Mayfield
  • L. Jackson

• Falk
  • Ferguson

• Thorson
  • Stidham
  • Allen

The top two on your list have had to actually go against good Ds reasonably often and face a lot of in game adversity.   I like the order of your 1st rounders though I'd have Darnold #1, I do not value your 2nd rounders much to be honest.

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

Round 1:

• Mayfield
  • L. Jackson

• Falk
  • Ferguson

• Thorson
  • Stidham
  • Allen

I agree with this with exception to Thorson, I wouldn't draft him at all.... unless he is going to be the 3rd QB

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The top two on your list have had to actually go against good Ds reasonably often and face a lot of in game adversity.   I like the order of your 1st rounders though I'd have Darnold #1, I do not value your 2nd rounders much to be honest.

Can't say I do much, either. Having been burnt on Geno, Petty, Hack etc lately has really put damper on any enthusiasm towards "2nd teir guys" or developmental prospects. If that makes sense. 

Just now, Tinstar said:

What ever happened to Tanner Lee from Nebraska

Husker fan here - Nebraska collapsed midway through the year.  Lee did not look good but no one on the team did.  Coach was fired but the new coach, Scott Frost, has Tanner thinking about sticking around for another year.

Just now, peebag said:

Husker fan here - Nebraska collapsed midway through the year.  Lee did not look good but no one on the team did.  Coach was fired but the new coach, Scott Frost, has Tanner thinking about sticking around for another year.

I really like that kid's talent .   

32 minutes ago, peebag said:

Dude has a legit NFL arm - problem is that he has no situational awareness.  Threw way too many interceptions at critical junctures

It might just be the consequences of a kid who thinks he can make any throw against any defense . That kid not only has an NFL arm, but he has a really quick release .  Wearing that #13, it's almost like watching Marino sometimes when I watch him throw the football . 

Archived