Jets Draft Position Possibilities (probably 6th)/Rooting Guide

Doggin94it

It seems likely we’ll be picking 8-10. That should get us one of Mayfield/Jackson/Allen if they decide to do so. I’d be fine with any of them as long as they attempt to rebuild the O line, add a pass rusher, and get a brutish RB. A CB would be nice, but not high.

This is going to be an interesting draft.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Mac has said in the past that he doesn't take OL early in the draft.  I think it's wrongheaded but I doubt he changes his methods this draft unless some OL goes into free fall much like the snorkel dude. 

I think we are set at WR for now so I doubt he goes here unless some premium player free falls.

So that leaves QB, RB, and TE.  I wouldn't mind QB 1st and either of the other 2nd/3rd.  I myself would sooner target OL with both 2nd rounders.   

He also tried to move up for Laremy Tunsil when he was falling in the draft (he admitted to this) so that's not really true

2 minutes ago, King P said:

He also tried to move up for Laremy Tunsil when he was falling in the draft (he admitted to this) so that's not really true

He also had a chance to move up a pick to acquire Alvin Kamara on his radar but failed to make the deal required to get him. 

Macc = a failure. 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

The Adams over Watson decision put me in this spot. It was disgraceful, indefensible on every level, a joke. And you look across the parking lot and seeing our co-tenant embrace The Suck fully while the Jets half ass it(as they do everything), simply don't understand it at all. 

didn't 10 other teams pass on watson including cleveland?  let's not put this guy in canton just yet.  hind sight is always 20-20.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

KC clinched the division..they don’t need to play starters.

Tampa has played hard every game and this is another close division game.

SF is on fire and just hung 37 on the #1 D in the league. Rams are great but this is always a close gritty game.

Houston is not beating Pitt. At all.

I think the Rams sit their players because they clinched the division + a 1st round bye for them is out of the question because Minnesota holds the tie breaker over them

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

didn't 10 other teams pass on watson including cleveland?  let's not put this guy in canton just yet.  hind sight is always 20-20.

10 other teams didn’t have petty and Hack on the roster as the only quarterbacks 

Just now, King P said:

Even if it didn't happen, the fact that he tried means he is open to taking OL early which therefore contradicts the previous statement of his.

Well he hasn’t drafted a OL player north of the 5th round for 3 years and passed on Cam Robinson for a safety

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

10 other teams didn’t have petty and Hack on the roster as the only quarterbacks 

they also had mccown on the roster before the draft.  did they think they were set?  i doubt it but they probably did think hack or petty was going to progress more than they have.  as i and others have said, simply drafting watson wasn't going to solve their problems.  take a look at prescott.  without ezekiel, the cowgirls missed the playoffs yet prescott was good enough to keep romo retired.

you simply can't cherrypick one qb doing well and say that's the guy the jets should've picked.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I could never ever root or support another team. 

neither can I but I can be ignorant and just pay no attention to the Jets as I have done for virtually this entire pathetic 2 seasons. I refuse to invest my blood and guts into this mess being lead by Chicken Little himself.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

they also had mccown on the roster before the draft.  did they think they were set?  i doubt it but they probably did think hack or petty was going to progress more than they have.  as i and others have said, simply drafting watson wasn't going to solve their problems.  take a look at prescott.  without ezekiel, the cowgirls missed the playoffs yet prescott was good enough to keep romo retired.

you simply can't cherrypick one qb doing well and say that's the guy the jets should've picked.

Petty and Hack are both horrible and should have both been cut last year

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

neither can I but I can be ignorant and just pay no attention to the Jets as I have done for virtually this entire pathetic 2 seasons. I refuse to invest my blood and guts into this mess being lead by Chicken Little himself.

Get ready for 3 more years of this garbage.  Tom Savage and Teddy Bridgewater are both free agents to go along with loser extraordinaire Bill O’Brien

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

I hear you. Every Christmas since my 2 children were small they always gave me NY Jets gifts, this year I begged them not to spend a dime on anything NY Jets. 

I got my wish. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

We'll be in prime position to get a good QB. 

Which means we'll draft a linebacker.

We beat Brian Hoyer next week 6-3,UnitedWhofans, Jet Nut and Canadasteve and the rest of the Macagnan apologists jump for joy while we fall to picking 12th overall

All the excuse we need to draft Denzel Ward or a DT

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Hou > Pitts?  Nope.

Tampa > New Orleans?  Nope.

Denver > KC?  Nope.

SF beats LAR?  Nope.

Jets Draft #8 overall.  Book it.

Agreed that Houston and Tampa aren't going to win the games they'd need to.

But KC is locked into the No. 4 seed no matter what happens week 17, and given Reid's history, that means he'll be sitting a bunch of key guys (Smith, Hill, Hunt, etc.).  There's a real chance Denver's D gets them this game.

For SF, they've won 4 straight with Jimmy G looking better each game, but more likely is that they end up with a better SoS than the Jets (if the games tonight go chalk, then SF & the Jets both played teams totaling 125 wins this season, so the difference will be how Jax (against Tennessee), Cleveland (against Baltimore), Houston (against Indy) and Chicago (against Minnesota) do).

11 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Agreed that Houston and Tampa aren't going to win the games they'd need to.

But KC is locked into the No. 4 seed no matter what happens week 17, and given Reid's history, that means he'll be sitting a bunch of key guys (Smith, Hill, Hunt, etc.).  There's a real chance Denver's D gets them this game.

For SF, they've won 4 straight with Jimmy G looking better each game, but more likely is that they end up with a better SoS than the Jets (if the games tonight go chalk, then SF & the Jets both played teams totaling 125 wins this season, so the difference will be how Jax (against Tennessee), Cleveland (against Baltimore), Houston (against Indy) and Chicago (against Minnesota) do).

Minnesota is another team locked into the playoffs so they may sit players as well. Then you have Jacksonville in a division game with Tenn. Jax has a good chance.. it sure if they are already in the playoffs or not. Cleveland will lose..and Houston/Indy is a good toss up of suckage. Most things SHOULD break our way..except Cleveland beating Baltimore. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Minnesota is another team locked into the playoffs so they may sit players as well. Then you have Jacksonville in a division game with Tenn. Jax has a good chance.. it sure if they are already in the playoffs or not. Cleveland will lose..and Houston/Indy is a good toss up of suckage. Most things SHOULD break our way..except Cleveland beating Baltimore. 

But what if we face Brian Hoyer next week?

Archived