Jets Draft Position Possibilities (probably 6th)/Rooting Guide

Doggin94it

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude please. They have stated they will be taking a QB. They now have football guys running that operation not baseball wannabe's. They will stay at their respective picks and take the guy they want. Maybe they don't even want Darnold or Rosen. We don't know. So for you or I to say with any certainty who they will pick is just speculation. I fully expect Cleveland to take a QB at one and maybe theres an outside chance they trade the #5 to some QB needy team but don't bet on it. They are in business to help the Cleveland Browns and not the New York Jets. There are other teams in better position with more to offer than the Jets to move into that slot anyway. I'm not ragging on the Jets here its just reality. Cleveland could grab a QB at 1 and then trade the 5 to buffalo for 2 more 1's THIS YEAR and more. Why would they want the Jets 1 and 2 second rounders if offered that?

I would disagree with you.....the Bills picks are in the 20's. We offer our 1st(6-8) our two seconds and next years 1. They would then have their QB, and a 2nd pick in top 8. Plus, they would then have multiple 2nd rounders, plus the 1st they got from us, plenty of ammo to move back up into the back end of the 1st. Personally, I think the Jets target will be either the Giants or the Colts.

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

I would disagree with you.....the Bills picks are in the 20's. We offer our 1st(6-8) our two seconds and next years 1. They would then have their QB, and a 2nd pick in top 8. Plus, they would then have multiple 2nd rounders, plus the 1st they got from us, plenty of ammo to move back up into the back end of the 1st. Personally, I think the Jets target will be either the Giants or the Colts.

Okay. See the thing is if they trade with the Bills and get those 2 first rounders they can use those to trade up in the first as well. Maybe even into the top 15 after trading them. They could come away with another play maker on offense and still have whatever they get from the Bills in the latter rounds. I think Cleveland will be active in the trade dept and could see them actually moving into the 1st even after theyuse those 2 1st rounders. I could see them trading 5 to say the Bills and getting 2 1's this year and maybe even an additional 2nd THIS YEAR plus the Bills #1 next year. They could take those 2 1's and trade up in the first again. Then maybe even using the picks from the Bills to get into the late 1st again this year. I see the Browns trying to make a splash in the draft to show they are finally serious about not being a doormat anymore. I'm just spitballing here but I think the Browns are gonna be aggressive in this draft.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
All I can find 

Updated draft order:
1 Browns
2 Giants
3 Colts
4 Buccaneers
5 Browns (f/Texans)
6 Broncos
7 49ers
8 Jets
9 Bears
10 Bengals
11 Dolphins
12 Raiders
13 Cardinals
14 Packers
15 Redskins
16 Titans

1. Sam Darnold

2. Josh Rosen

3. Bradley Chubb

4. Saquan Barkley

5. Christian Wilkins

6. Derwin James

7. Calvin Ridley

8. Minkah Fitzpatrick

BIG MAC'S BIG BOARD BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Remember when the Jets had the 6th overall pick with 2 QB's on the board and took a SS?  Looking forward to part deux!!!

Remember when anyone thought one of those 2 QBs were deserving of the 6th pick?  

Neither do I.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Remember when anyone thought one of those 2 QBs were deserving of the 6th pick?  

Neither do I.  

Weird. I could have sworn you were with me on drafting Watson this time last year but sure,  I'll act like I don't remember tons of people saying the Jets should take Watson because it's fun to play in a world of denial. 

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Okay. See the thing is if they trade with the Bills and get those 2 first rounders they can use those to trade up in the first as well. Maybe even into the top 15 after trading them. They could come away with another play maker on offense and still have whatever they get from the Bills in the latter rounds. I think Cleveland will be active in the trade dept and could see them actually moving into the 1st even after theyuse those 2 1st rounders. I could see them trading 5 to say the Bills and getting 2 1's this year and maybe even an additional 2nd THIS YEAR plus the Bills #1 next year. They could take those 2 1's and trade up in the first again. Then maybe even using the picks from the Bills to get into the late 1st again this year. I see the Browns trying to make a splash in the draft to show they are finally serious about not being a doormat anymore. I'm just spitballing here but I think the Browns are gonna be aggressive in this draft.

Totally agree. You really have no downside when you are 1-31 over the last two years. This first round will be must see TV.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Weird. I could have sworn you were with me on drafting Watson this time last year but sure,  I'll act like I don't remember tons of people saying the Jets should take Watson because it's fun to play in a world of denial. 

I was a Watson fan but pretty sure they could trade down and take him.  But we were in the minority even after a trade down.  Tons of people?  No way.  I was told he threw too many picks.  His arm was too weak.  Runs too much.  Would break down in the NFL.

Not denial, solid memory of what most were saying a year ago and expected the rewrite that would follow his early success in Huston.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I was a Watson fan but pretty sure they could trade down and take him.  But we were in the minority even after a trade down.  Tons of people?  No way.  I was told he threw too many picks.  His arm was too weak.  Runs too much.  Would break down in the NFL.

Not denial, solid memory of what most were saying a year ago. 

Here is a thread on this very board with numerous posters literally saying, this draft is simple:  Draft Watson.  I'd find more but I'm lazy.  There were plenty of us saying to run to the podium and take Watson if he's still on the board.  And a couple of experts had us taking or saying we should take Watson.

This idea that NOBODY thought the Jets should take Watson just flat out isn't true.  

Here's a site that has the pertinent info:  http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

As annoyed as we all are, how do you think 49er fans feels going from 1-10 to 5-10 and dropping from #2 to #7 or #8 in just 4 weeks.  Still bad for us as they were probably not drafting a QB.  Giants are probably locked into #2 now since they clearly aren't even trying to win games.  Love how the bottom 5 teams have collectively devoted themselves to not winning a single game since Week 11.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

As annoyed as we all are, how do you think 49er fans feels going from 1-10 to 5-10 and dropping from #2 to #7 or #8 in just 4 weeks.  Still bad for us as they were probably not drafting a QB.  Giants are probably locked into #2 now since they clearly aren't even trying to win games.  Love how the bottom 5 teams have collectively devoted themselves to not winning a single game since Week 11.

9ers don’t care that much. They have their guy now.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here is a thread on this very board with numerous posters literally saying, this draft is simple:  Draft Watson.  I'd find more but I'm lazy.  There were plenty of us saying to run to the podium and take Watson if he's still on the board.  And a couple of experts had us taking or saying we should take Watson.

This idea that NOBODY thought the Jets should take Watson just flat out isn't true.  

A handful agreed with us but it was hardly a groundswell for the pick.  I know I heard from people telling me he wouldn't make a good NFL QB.  They didn't pick him, others let him drop too.  Happens.  He wa far from the consensus pick at 6 who we ignored only to see him immediately taken.  One thing, those who said he wouldn't last in the NFL, like they also predicted about Bridgewater, were right.

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not denial, solid memory of what most were saying a year ago and expected the rewrite that would follow his early success in Huston.  

i liked the fact that watson was a winner.  i know very little about qb mechanics etc but it seemed this guy played in a great conference and took down alabama. the thing is the 6th pick wasn't too high for him either despite what the talking heads said.  obviously hindsight is proving that he can play right out of the box.

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think 49ers are estatic they played jimmy  g and found their qb of the future. With all the other teams going for qbs they can get the best player on the board. I’m jealous 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The current Draft order is below.

1. Browns 0-15
  2. Giants 2-13
  3. Colts 3-12
  4. Buccaneers 4-11
  5. Browns (from Texans) 4-10
  6. Broncos 5-10
  7. 49ers 5-10
  8. Jets 5-10
  9. Bears 5-10
  10. Bengals 6-9

yep and the main problem is at least 3 of the teams before them is going to pick a qb.  about their only hope to land one of the top 3 guys is to somehow manage to get the colts, buccaneers or browns second pick.  they won't come cheap.

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I would gladly take Jimmy G in exchange for dropping a few spots in the draft. In fact, I would gladly give up our 1st and both 2nds for him.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A handful agreed with us but it was hardly a groundswell for the pick.  I know I heard from people telling me he wouldn't make a good NFL QB.  They didn't pick him, others let him drop too.  Happens.  He wa far from the consensus pick at 6 who we ignored only to see him immediately taken.  One thing, those who said he wouldn't last in the NFL, like they also predicted about Bridgewater, were right.

You've changed your position.  You've gone from nobody had Watson at 6 to now a handful agreed with us that he was the pick.  

And there was no consensus 6th overall pick.  We saw, Adams, Hooker, Allen, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Lattimore, Williams, Fournette, Cook, Howard etc.  Typically, there isn't a consensus on a single pick other than #1 overall because it's damn near impossible to predict the draft.  Other than the years where you're splitting hairs between the 1st overall prospect and the 2nd see; Winston/Mariota, Goff/Wentz... you don't have consensus picks.

The point I was trying to make is that I find it comical that everyone thinks it's a forgone conclusion we're taking a QB in the first round.  It's not.  Like not at all.  In fact, everything about Mac's drafting history says he'll stick to his big board and he doesn't deviate.  Where I'm sitting, I don't see his big board having a QB ranked 8th overall unless Darnold or Rosen fall on draft day.

And nobody was right about anything.  Watson is going to make a full recovery and Bridgewater is back in the league.  The book isn't closed on either of these guys.  No where near it.

38 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If I was a 9ers fan, I'd love the new look.  A QB who actually looks the part with almost zero weaponz.  

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think 49ers are estatic they played jimmy  g and found their qb of the future. With all the other teams going for qbs they can get the best player on the board. I’m jealous 

Sure it all looks peachy for them today but off the back of 4 wins they are now going to have to pay him, and he won’t be coming cheap which for a guy with about half a dozen career starts and has never led a team to post-season is not without risk. I’m not sure I’m ready to anoint them as the next dynasty just yet

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

You've changed your position.  You've gone from nobody had Watson at 6 to now a handful agreed with us that he was the pick.  

And there was no consensus 6th overall pick.  We saw, Adams, Hooker, Allen, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Lattimore, Williams, Fournette, Cook, Howard etc.  Typically, there isn't a consensus on a single pick other than #1 overall because it's damn near impossible to predict the draft.  Other than the years where you're splitting hairs between the 1st overall prospect and the 2nd see; Winston/Mariota, Goff/Wentz... you don't have consensus picks.

The point I was trying to make is that I find it comical that everyone thinks it's a forgone conclusion we're taking a QB in the first round.  It's not.  Like not at all.  In fact, everything about Mac's drafting history says he'll stick to his big board and he doesn't deviate.  Where I'm sitting, I don't see his big board having a QB ranked 8th overall unless Darnold or Rosen fall on draft day.

And nobody was right about anything.  Watson is going to make a full recovery and Bridgewater is back in the league.  The book isn't closed on either of these guys.  No where near it.

I'd go further and say he only wants Darnold.  IMO, Macc sticks with BPA whether that's another safety or an edge rusher.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Not a chance in hell he picks another Safety in the upcoming NFL Draft. 

Bowles' defense requires three interchangeable safeties that will shutdown the Pats and any others.  Just imagine Derwin James in Green and White.  Can you say "Superbowl"?

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

I'd go further and say he only wants Darnold.  IMO, Macc sticks with BPA whether that's another safety or an edge rusher.

That wouldn't shock me.  Rosen, while he looks like the most polished and Day 1 ready, has some serious concerns from an attitude perspective.  I could see his attitude being a huge deterrent from the HC's/GM's who prioritize leadership > skill.  He is someone who you'd have to vet heavily and the interviews could mean more than anything else.  

Allen is obviously the wild card here because he fits the Mac mold for what he looks for in a QB.

That said, I don't see a world where Big Mac has Allen, Mayfield or Jackson ranked in the top 10, so it's much more likely his top 10 is littered with Defenders and if Derwin James is staring Mac in the face...does he pass on him because of Adams and Maye?  I don't think so.

11 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

One of the guys on here who has a bit of inside info and says the Jets love Rosen, so I doubt it.

If no Darnold or Rosen, I'd be just fine with an edge rusher

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

That wouldn't shock me.  Rosen, while he looks like the most polished and Day 1 ready, has some serious concerns from an attitude perspective.  I could see his attitude being a huge deterrent from the HC's/GM's who prioritize leadership > skill.  He is someone who you'd have to vet heavily and the interviews could mean more than anything else.  

Allen is obviously the wild card here because he fits the Mac mold for what he looks for in a QB.

That said, I don't see a world where Big Mac has Allen, Mayfield or Jackson ranked in the top 10, so it's much more likely his top 10 is littered with Defenders and if Derwin James is staring Mac in the face...does he pass on him because of Adams and Maye?  I don't think so.

From the Hack pick to the pass on Watson I see Macc favoring the prototypical QB at least size wise.  So I don't see Mayfield or Jackson on his board at all.  I could see a world where Macc has Allen and Mason Rudolph with second round grades and chooses BPA with the first and waits for a QB in the second eyeing Allen or Rudolph and possibly Drew Lock if he comes out.  

5 minutes ago, King P said:

One of the guys on here who has a bit of inside info and says the Jets love Rosen, so I doubt it.

If no Darnold or Rosen, I'd be just fine with an edge rusher

Rosen's mental toughness is questionable.  Personally, I like the kid.  Has moxie but I just don't see Macc pulling the trigger on him and playing him in New York. 

Archived