Baker Mayfield

southtown24th

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, SMC said:

Everything is skewed with Mayfield for me.  He's a shorter Watson who played less competition and has off-the-field issues.

So seeing fans salivate over Mayfield while last year they were so against Watson perplexes me. 

Unless the the football gods seduce the Browns to take Josh Allen at 1, I think the Jets have screwed themselves for the foreseeable future by passing on Watson last year for a S.

Regardless of what QBs we get this year, passingbin Watson will always look stupid.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Regardless of what QBs we get this year, passingbin Watson will always look stupid.

First we likely passed on Mahomes and NOT Watson. Second he has like what 6 games of experience? Similar style QBs decided on fired and then dropped off a cliff when they figured him out. I see more potential in Mayfield.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

With all due respect, what makes you guys so sure that this Watson kid will succeed, long term wise? Rg3 looked like a slam dunk after his first year. Injuries catch up to most run and gun QBs. If not injuries then NFL defensive coordinators ussually do.

Kinda confused as to why OK would run the ball 3 times in a row inside the 25 and you have the Heisman Trophy winner on the field. How do you not let the him attempt to make a play? Puzzling.

41 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Combine is mostly meaningless for QB's. I could have beat Tom Brady at every measurable. I also can't consistently throw through a tire swing 10 yards away

The meetings and interviews are the most beneficial aspect.

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

He will definitely be there at #6

When Rosen and darnold officially come out I would agree. I am willing to bet Bowles will not be as high on mayfield though. Bowles wants a yes Man, model citizen for a qb. Somebody who loves to hand off Ha. Someone who doesn’t go for the home run kill shot. Everything Baker is not. Hopefully Mac would ignore Bowles completely. 

Archived