The Mount. Rushmore of Jets Worst Mistakes

SouthernJet

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The thing to remember was that those teams were mainly built around defense. By 2007 Brady became the star of the show

NE wasn't built around anything at the time.  They were 5-11 in 2000, started 0-2 in 2001 before he took over then magically BB became a genius and they went 11-3 the rest of the way.  Brady didn't start putting up video game #s until much later but he was why NE became a dynasty from the moment he stepped on the field as a starter. 2001 was the only postseason NE's D played really well in during the dynasty years BUT they also became the first D EV ER to blow a double digit 4th qtr lead in the Super Bowl when it went from up 17-3 to tied 17-17 before Brady led that amazing drive to win it.  Side note- 2 years later the Pats D would become the 2nd EVER to blow a 4th qtr double digit lead and again would be rescued by Brady and the offense.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

1.  Choosing to hire a head coach to ignore our offense at the very moment we had discovered a 22 year old rookie quarterback who stepped into the NFL as a college junior, led us to the playoffs in back-to-back years, went on a 16-4 run best in team history, won 4 playoff games all on the road, and was the best Jet on the field in 2 AFC Championship Games.

It's just like the Jets to finally unearth the franchise quarterback prospect we've been searching for since Vietnam and treat him like a Communist.

SAR I

It's OK to have a HC that ignores the offense as long as you have a good offensive coaching staff.  The biggest mistake related to Rex/Sanchez would probably be Rex inserting Sanchez late in the Snoopy Bowl  to get injured.

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Interesting topic.  Would suggest splitting mistakes between "Worst Decisions -off field" and "Worst Plays - on field"

Since "Worst Plays" would be limitless, I'd with these as the worst 4 decisions:

1. Letting Belichick walk as HC of the NYJ. Hindsight is 20/20, but clearly this is the single biggest mistake in franchise history.

2. Hiring Jay Cross to get a Stadium on the West Side.  The only person in business outwitted by James Dolan.  We hired him!

3. Parcells not having a backup QB going into the 1999 season. By the time Ray Lucas got on the field, the season was already destroyed by the Rick Mirer experiment"

4. Leon Hess for moving and staying in Giants Stadium and having non-football people run the franchise (Jim Kensil) until 1990.

1. we didn't let him walked, he left thanks to BP.  That was all on BP and BB.

2. That Stadium was never getting built, too much shady politics going on.

3. we still had a chance late in the year, blew a game vs. Indy then didn't show up getting blown out by the Giants.  win either of those games and we make the playoffs.

4. Leon was a terrible owner for the on field product.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Giving up on Pete Carroll as HC after one year so we could bring in Hess's buttboy, Rich Kotite.

yes and no.  while Pete didn't deserve to be fired after one season I don't think he was ready to become the Pete Carroll we have seen in Seattle.  Remember he took over a SB team in NE and they were getting worse each year.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

If it's a mount rushmore, it would be the people and not their actual mistakes.

So Kotite, Johnson, Idzik, Rex, Tannenbaum, then one that half Mac and half Bowles.

Check out the Jets results pre Woody and w/ Woody.  he has made this franchise much better.

Rex and Tannenbaum led us to the most successful stretch in team history.

53 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Blair Thomas over Emmitt Smith. In a time RBs were the sheet, passed on an all time one for a bum. Plus would have saved us watching the downside of Curtis Martin and allowed that FA $ to go to other spots .

Keep in mind Jimmy Johnson has said if he had a choice btw Blair and Emmitt at the time he would have taken Blair.  It was just Jets luck he wasn't what he was supposed to be.

41 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's a subjective call though. I've seen worse not called.

It has to be the fake spike. Sent the Jets into the depths for 2 years

I argue the fake spike was GREAT for this franchise.  Remember we were yo-yoing for a a long time.  Basically since '87.  alternating btw really bad and around .500.  The Fake spike led to Kotite being hired which eventually led to Parcells taking over.  from the time BP took over in '97 until the early 2010s we were one of the better franchises in the AFC.  I don't know if that happens w/o the fake spike.  Hess finally got so desperate he made an incredible move to get BP.  Of course as great as BP was as a coach he screwed us as an exec costing BB and either Manning or Brady but he still turned the franchise around.

32 minutes ago, tkiss24 said:

Whoops forgot it was moments
1. First half 2010 afc championship game...Rex didn’t have his team ready to play for the championship game just terrible. Add in the comeback that ultimately fell short and we all went home feeling cheated
2.herm Edwards taking knees in Pittsburg....do I need to explain this one?
3. Keith Byars fumble in 1998 afc championship game.....at 15 this was my first true heartbreak by this team and the Byars fumble is always etched into my mind
4. Xmas eve victor cruz: ugh why did I go through all of this for this thread

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1. yes, at the time we thought we'd be in more but looking back on that game as the last chance we'd have for a long time it gets more painful.  That team looked like Bowles at Buffalo week 17 2015. They made a great comeback but w/ a chance to win the D couldn't get a stop.

2.meaningless, the K had just missed off the crossbar moments earlier from 47.  all he had to do was kick it the same way at 43 and we win.  Either way we would have been crushed by NE the next week.

3. Not just Keith but Keith's was a crusher down around the 10 yd line.  Hall missed a chip shot, Curtis fumbled, etc... we gave that game away.  I still believe we had the better team but when you turn it over 6 times you have no chance against a team as good as Denver was.

4. That play changed that game and the season for both teams.  w/o that play there's no talk of Eli for the HOF b/c we bat the giants and go on to the playoffs and the giants miss the playoffs.  That play has led us to where we are today.

47 minutes ago, shevys said:

How was Belichick a mistake? We hired him; he quit. Nobody's fault Leon Hess dropped dead.

Not true. If Parcells had kept his word to longtime aide Belichick and retire and give Belichick 100% control (what he was promised) we would have had Belly. parcells didnt have to stay cause there was new owner when Hess died. Tuna could have said "No, thanks for Prez offer, but I promised Belly I would leave and give him 100% total control". Belley knew if he won they would say it was Jetz Prez Tuna or if he started out 1-4, Tuna would come back to sidelines. He wanted to be on his own w/no Tuna shadow. Tuna screwed Belly for money and maybe power.

I go back to the early 80s, the biggest mistakes we have made:

Firing Walt Michaels.  the Jets went the entire 70s w/o making the playoffs, that drought was broken in 1981 when we made it then in 1982 we were a half from the Super Bowl and we fired Michaels after that season to bring in Joe Walton.

Taking O'Brien over Marino.  I don't think we win a SB even w/ Dan but we would have at least made one. The NFC was too dominant back then.

The BB/BP fiasco. What is happening in NE should be our dynasty if BP just let BB know what he was doing.

Firing Tannenbaum which led to Idzik and firing Rex.

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Not true. If Parcells had kept his word to longtime aide Belichick and retire and give Belichick 100% control (what he was promised) we would have had Belly. parcells didnt have to stay cause there was new owner when Hess died. Tuna could have said "No, thanks for Prez offer, but I promised Belly I would leave and give him 100% total control". Belley knew if he won they would say it was Jetz Prez Tuna or if he started out 1-4, Tuna would come back to sidelines. He wanted to be on his own w/no Tuna shadow. Tuna screwed Belly for money and maybe power.

That was a Parcells issue though, not a Jets issue.  BP kept BB in the dark about whether he was coming back even though he knew he wasn't.

36 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think your #1 is without a doubt #1 all time. Not only an enormous blunder that destroyed years of fun and success and super bowls...how jetsy. But seriously, can it be can anymore Jetsy than the best coach they ever had, the best success they ever had besides one year in 68, Parcells literally saved this franchise...at the time....and then yet, at the same time diabolically destroyed it for , at least, the next 20 years, first, with Peyton staying (in school), second with Belicheck leaving (to a divisional rival). All because of the same guy who was like, the best thing to ever happen to it (at the time) So Jetsy, like text book definition 

Can you imagine the Jets with the Belichick and Peyton on the Jets for the past 19 years? Would saved us from Brady too. Good ole Parcells.....ugh.

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

1. That was on BP and I believe BB's original contract he knew BP would move upstairs but that he would have control.  The issue was BP never let BB in on his plans even though he knew he wasn't coming back. That wasn't on Woody, it was on BP.

2. That penalty kept the Browns hopes alive, it didn't win the game for the Browns.  we had a million chances but we couldn't score w/ legendary ken O'Brien under C after Pat Ryan got hurt.

3. Draft mistakes happen every year for every team, that didn't set the franchise back.  we were 30 mins from the SB w/ him starting.

4. This is overblown.  It would be great to have our own Stadium but our win% at Giants Stadium was higher than at Shea.  If you have talent they will win anywhere.

LOL.

1 - I said BP issue. Woody should have said lets honor what you and Hess agreed w/belley

2- WTF?? It was a totally horrid throw, w/2 seconds on clock, game was over if not for penalty. Baffled by your comment. We win if no penalty aka clock is RUN OUT and pass was not caught. This odd statement. maybe you didnt see game.

3- LOL

4- LOL

My mom used to play Devils Advocate. it does drive up posts LOL All fun!!!! :)

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I go back to the early 80s, the biggest mistakes we have made:

Firing Walt Michaels.  the Jets went the entire 70s w/o making the playoffs, that drought was broken in 1981 when we made it then in 1982 we were a half from the Super Bowl and we fired Michaels after that season to bring in Joe Walton.

Taking O'Brien over Marino.  I don't think we win a SB even w/ Dan but we would have at least made one. The NFC was too dominant back then.

The BB/BP fiasco. What is happening in NE should be our dynasty if BP just let BB know what he was doing.

Firing Tannenbaum which led to Idzik and firing Rex.

Michaels did greata but jet Mgt tried many times to get him to address severe alchol issue. he was out of control in fornt of staff/team many times. Showed up to work drunk. Booze got him canned.

Not saying I agree, but at the time the Jets didnt want to draft a QB who just tested positive for drugs at combine. I think it was coke, not pot but cant recall phone call...

BP retires we get BB, simple. BB was told there would be no BP w/jets anymore but Woody asked him to stay. BB wanted out of shadow and BP should ave honored deal they made w/Hess.

1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

LOL.

1 - I said BP issue. Woody should have said lets honor what you and Hess agreed w/belley

2- WTF?? It was a totally horrid throw, w/2 seconds on clock, game was over if not for penalty. Baffled by your comment. We win if no penalty aka clock is RUN OUT and pass was not caught. This odd statement. maybe you didnt see game.

3- LOL

4- LOL

My mom used to play Devils Advocate. it does drive up posts LOL All fun!!!! :)

1. Two things:

A. Belichick resigned on January 4th, Woody didn't win the bid until january 11th so I am not sure what Woody could have done.  B.The contract stated BP would move upstairs

2. There was not 2 seconds left on the clock.  It was the drive after Freeman scored and w/o the penalty it's 4th and long for Cleveland down 10 w/ about 3 mins left.  I have a pretty good memory, it's best not to test me :D

see clip below, fast forward to around the 1:53:00 mark

you can LOL all you want, it doesn't make it right.  The stadium played no role in us sucking.  we were worse at Shea and so far have been worse at MetLife.

Lam Jones didn't live up to potential but that wasn't a franchise changing pick.

22 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Michaels did greata but jet Mgt tried many times to get him to address severe alchol issue. he was out of control in fornt of staff/team many times. Showed up to work drunk. Booze got him canned.

Not saying I agree, but at the time the Jets didnt want to draft a QB who just tested positive for drugs at combine. I think it was coke, not pot but cant recall phone call...

BP retires we get BB, simple. BB was told there would be no BP w/jets anymore but Woody asked him to stay. BB wanted out of shadow and BP should ave honored deal they made w/Hess.

I don't know that the marino thing was anything more than a rumor.

again, Woody wasn't even the owner when BB walked away and in the contract BB signed it stated BB would go upstairs.  He knew what he was getting himself into.  the biggest issue was he wanted to be a HC and BP knew he was leaving but wouldn't let BB know.

30 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Can you imagine the Jets with the Belichick and Peyton on the Jets for the past 19 years? Would saved us from Brady too. Good ole Parcells.....ugh.

Brady rescued Belichick's HC career, as great as Peyton was could he have done that?  I don't know.  We should have had BB, he should have drafted Brady here and the dynasty should have been ours led by the greatest QB of all time.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Brady rescued Belichick's HC career, as great as Peyton was could he have done that?  I don't know.  We should have had BB, he should have drafted Brady here and the dynasty should have been ours led by the greatest QB of all time.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

again, Woody wasn't even the owner when BB walked away and in the contract BB signed it stated BB would go upstairs.  He knew what he was getting himself into.  the biggest issue was he wanted to be a HC and BP knew he was leaving but wouldn't let BB know.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

1. Two things:

A. Belichick resigned on January 4th, Woody didn't win the bid until january 11th so I am not sure what Woody could have done.  B.The contract stated BP would move upstairs

2. There was not 2 seconds left on the clock.  It was the drive after Freeman scored and w/o the penalty it's 4th and long for Cleveland down 10 w/ about 3 mins left.  I have a pretty good memory, it's best not to test me :D

see clip below, fast forward to around the 1:53:00 mark

you can LOL all you want, it doesn't make it right.  The stadium played no role in us sucking.  we were worse at Shea and so far have been worse at MetLife.

Lam Jones didn't live up to potential but that wasn't a franchise changing pick.

we win if no roughing call, simple. 

BB doesnt leavethat way unless he was screwed  by BP

I am remembering why I left here LOL

sun yellow, no its green...

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

marino wasnt  a rumor. Kiper told me and he had contacts w/GMs. I just cant remember if pot or cocaine

To me #1 was the fake spike because I was sitting right there in section 123

#2 is the firing of Walt Michaels based on second hand info. I was too young to remember Walt as the Jets HC, but I remember him well with the Generals.  My old man used to go on and on about how much he hated Walton, how Hess screwed Michaels, and Hess/Walton destroyed a Super Bowl caliber team that Michaels laid the foundation for...

#3 Testeverde Achilles 

#4 Never Mentioned on this board - losing probably the best pure personnel guy the Jets ever had in my lifetime, Ron Wolf.

#5 the sale in 1999.  The Hess family couldn’t find a better buyer than the Johnsons or the Dolans?

57 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

1. That was on BP and I believe BB's original contract he knew BP would move upstairs but that he would have control.  The issue was BP never let BB in on his plans even though he knew he wasn't coming back. That wasn't on Woody, it was on BP.

2. That penalty kept the Browns hopes alive, it didn't win the game for the Browns.  we had a million chances but we couldn't score w/ legendary ken O'Brien under C after Pat Ryan got hurt.

3. Draft mistakes happen every year for every team, that didn't set the franchise back.  we were 30 mins from the SB w/ him starting.

4. This is overblown.  It would be great to have our own Stadium but our win% at Giants Stadium was higher than at Shea.  If you have talent they will win anywhere.

who cares. Have fun, folks give their 4 picks. do that, point isnt to sh*t on others. Different folks, different strokes. One thing on site I never understood w/threads like this. Give your choices, thats it. But folks seem intent on picking apart folks choices. Point i sthat their choices whether you agree facts wise or gut wise. let fans have their 4 chocie and you have yours. Simple.

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

You could look at it that way, I suppose. He was paid a million dollars for his inconvenience, and could've stuck around. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I was always thankful for Parcells turning this team around BUT after reading this thread I think I hate him. B)  The BB and Peyton move alone warrant that.   

If he had his way.. ROMO would never have seen the field, Parcells, has he ever developed a QB?   

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

1. Letting Belichick walk as HC of the NYJ. Hindsight is 20/20, but clearly this is the single biggest mistake in franchise history.

2. Hiring Jay Cross to get a Stadium on the West Side.  The only person in business outwitted by James Dolan.  We hired him!

Wow! Lots of 20-20 hindsight/ revisionist history in this thread. As for the above;

1- did anybody really see Belicheat after a couple of mediocre years in Cleveland becoming GOAT Coach/

2- Dolan bought the crooked politicians that he had been buying off for years. How do you think he got exclusive cable rights for all LI? Fair competition? HAHA.

And as for Marino, 27th pick, 6th QB. The entire league thought he was going to be a major problem. He had a terrible off field rep coming out of college. Now everybody says "how did Jets not pick Marino" He was not expected to be Peyton Manning, he was expected to be Ryan Leaf.

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Wow! Lots of 20-20 hindsight/ revisionist history in this thread. As for the above;

1- did anybody really see Belicheat after a couple of mediocre years in Cleveland becoming GOAT Coach/

2- Dolan bought the crooked politicians that he had been buying off for years. How do you think he got exclusive cable rights for all LI? Fair competition? HAHA.

And as for Marino, 27th pick, 6th QB. The entire league thought he was going to be a major problem. He had a terrible off field rep coming out of college. Now everybody says "how did Jets not pick Marino" He was not expected to be Peyton Manning, he was expected to be Ryan Leaf.

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I cant help laughing at some of these comments.. .

1.  I agree with the not totally getting rid of Parcells being the biggest mistake of all time!

2.  Drafting Ken O'Brien instead of Dan Marino.  Who cares if someone thought he might have smoked pot.  My God, anyone who was at the university between 1979 and 1983 who did not smoke pot would be considered an abnormal freaking geek.  I said that and I was at an engineering school at that time  :) 

3.  Brian sh*ttenheimer

4.  Many will disagree with this one but I think firing Eric Mangini was a huge mistake.  At least he could draft players.  He owuld have lerned the coaching part.

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

By far the "Worst Play" for me is Gastineau getting flagged for roughing Bernie Kosar.  Could have won the Super Bowl that year.

There were lots of worse plays made during that game.  Gatineau became the scapegoat.  Fumbles, missed chip shot FGs, Walton not knowing the rules, PI call.  What a bad game though

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

If it's a mount rushmore, it would be the people and not their actual mistakes.

So Kotite, Johnson, Idzik, Rex, Tannenbaum, then one that half Mac and half Bowles.

LIST 1:

RULES: Good point about Mount Rushmore requiring faces.  If we play by those rules then my picks are

1) Bill Belichick (the fact that we let him slip through our fingers)

2) Dan Marino (because we didn't draft him)

3) Leon Hess (even though I have to admit I liked the guy and kinda felt bad for him.  Meanwhile, I absolutely loathe Woody Johnson).

4) Rich Kotite (no-brainer)

LIST 2

RULES: If we have to pick people for negative things they did while with the organization then I'd revise the above list to:

1) Leon Hess

2) Rich Kotite

3) John Idzik

4) Joe Walton

LIST 3

RULES: If we're allowed to include "things" (realistic things, not "we should've drafted Joe Montana") as well as people then:

1) Letting Belichick slip through our fingers

2) Drafting O'Brien over Marino

3) Leon Hess

4) Rich Kotite

Honorable mention) Whatever they're about to do this coming offseason.

LIST 4

RULES: We're allowed to include people, things, etc PLUS urban legends (or are they?):

1) (urban legend) Not listening to that scout who wanted the Jets to draft Tom Brady

2) Letting Belichick slip through our fingers

3) Drafting O'Brien over Marino

4) (urban legend) Parcells not guaranteeing Petyon he'd be the #1 overall pick, causing him to stay at Tennessee for his senior year

Honorable mention) (urban legend) Not drafting Russell Wilson despite Bradway "pounding the table" for him.

2 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Couple of points.  Keeping ones word?  Hess paid Belichick bonus money for being the good soldier and waiting for his turn.  At a time no one wanted anything to do with him.  Can remember pats on a message board laughing at the Jets deal to promote him when Parcels was done.  Beningo was on wfan killing the Jets for the plan because Belichick was a "loser".   Parcels wasnt the president of the Jets, he was in the building to help out.  He didn't want to work in a day in day out capacity.  He screwed no one, Belichick too his bonus money and when it was time to coach the team dealt behind the Jets back for a team that would give him today control.  He was never promised total control of all things with the Jets. Steve Guttman was president of the team.  Then after Belichick quit and the Jets were left without a HC Parcels offered to coach but he wanted 8 milk per season, a ungodly nicer back then.  

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Isn’t it the 4 HCs on SAR I’s pic?  

That's #2 on my list.

1.  Choosing to hire a head coach to ignore our offense at the very moment we had discovered a 22 year old rookie quarterback who stepped into the NFL as a college junior, led us to the playoffs in back-to-back years, went on a 16-4 run best in team history, won 4 playoff games all on the road, and was the best Jet on the field in 2 AFC Championship Games.  It's just like the Jets to finally unearth the franchise quarterback prospect we've been searching for since Vietnam and treat him like a Communist.

2.  Choosing nothing but rookie head coaches from 1970 to 1995 and again from 2000 to 2018.  That's 45 seasons of breaking in a nobody coordinator only to find out he sucks before starting it all over again.  Weeb Ewbank and Bill Parcells are in the Hall Of Fame.  So, nah, let's not go get an experienced head coach again in our lifetimes.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's #2 on my list.

1.  Choosing to hire a head coach to ignore our offense at the very moment we had discovered a 22 year old rookie quarterback who stepped into the NFL as a college junior, led us to the playoffs in back-to-back years, went on a 16-4 run best in team history, won 4 playoff games all on the road, and was the best Jet on the field in 2 AFC Championship Games.  It's just like the Jets to finally unearth the franchise quarterback prospect we've been searching for since Vietnam and treat him like a Communist.

2.  Choosing nothing but rookie head coaches from 1970 to 1995 and again from 2000 to 2018.  That's 45 seasons of breaking in a nobody coordinator only to find out he sucks before starting it all over again.  Leon Hess and Bill Parcells are in the Hall Of Fame.  So, nah, let's not go get an experienced head coach again in our lifetimes.

SAR I

Leon Hess is in the HOF??

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

1.  Choosing to hire a head coach to ignore our offense at the very moment we had discovered a 22 year old rookie quarterback who stepped into the NFL as a college junior, led us to the playoffs in back-to-back years, went on a 16-4 run best in team history, won 4 playoff games all on the road, and was the best Jet on the field in 2 AFC Championship Games.

It's just like the Jets to finally unearth the franchise quarterback prospect we've been searching for since Vietnam and treat him like a Communist.

SAR I

They didn't invest in the investment.

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Couple of points.  Keeping ones word?  Hess paid Belichick bonus money for being the good soldier and waiting for his turn.  At a time no one wanted anything to do with him.  Can remember pats on a message board laughing at the Jets deal to promote him when Parcels was done.  Beningo was on wfan killing the Jets for the plan because Belichick was a "loser".   Parcels wasnt the president of the Jets, he was in the building to help out.  He didn't want to work in a day in day out capacity.  He screwed no one, Belichick too his bonus money and when it was time to coach the team dealt behind the Jets back for a team that would give him today control.  He was never promised total control of all things with the Jets. Steve Guttman was president of the team.  Then after Belichick quit and the Jets were left without a HC Parcels offered to coach but he wanted 8 milk per season, a ungodly nicer back then.  

This is all sadly true.

Doesn't absolve anyone.

In retrospect this franchise got royally screwed because Tagliabue asked the Hess family to take the lower Johnson offer over a higher one offered by the Dolans(and then a year later called in his marker to jam incompetent Herman Edwards down Johnson's gullet).  Granted, you can hate what Dolan has done with the Knicks thoguh as a Ranger fan, he's actually been pretty good.Had he bought the jets, likely he has to sell his MSG teams.  But in both the NBA and the NHL he's been vocal when he thought his franchises were getting screwed in ways Johnson never has. He probably makes better hires. And the West Side stadium get done. Lets put it this way; it could not play out worse than it has under Johnson. 

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's #2 on my list.

2.  Choosing nothing but rookie head coaches from 1970 to 1995 and again from 2000 to 2018.  That's 45 seasons of breaking in a nobody coordinator only to find out he sucks before starting it all over again.  Weeb Ewbank and Bill Parcells are in the Hall Of Fame.  So, nah, let's not go get an experienced head coach again in our lifetimes.

SAR I

Been the case with every hire under Johnson except Mangini, who while he had been a DC was involved in the offense. He had other issues dealing with players. Johnson gets in the interview room and gets snowed over with fake tough guy defense nonsense every freaking time. Rules beg you to pass and makes sure defenses fail every game . Agents must prep their prospective coach clients to say this stuff. 

Archived