*****NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread January 13-14,2018

joewilly12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Lol I remember Jet Nut screaming for Blackmon on JI

Blackmon was one of the best WR prospects in a long time when he came out.  When he wasn't drinking himself to death he was also a really good pro, but don't let that get in the way of you acting like the mongoloid that you usually are.

8 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Blake Bortles was not a good pick.

We've had some good discussions in other threads about GM strategy. It appears or seems as if Caldwell went with a 4-5 year plan on premium position early vs Mac seemingly to like picking BPA. 

In 2014 unfortunately for Caldwell Bortles was really the only first round QB prospect. He was at least smart enough to stay away from Manziel. Maybe missed on Carr. Bridgewater also being part of that class.

tough spot, you can see the argument why Bortles. Still early but I'd agree you'd have liked to seen more development by now. 

Not a great pick, not horrible either. Mas a menos...so far

Just now, Mogglez said:

Blackmon was one of the best WR prospects in a long time when he came out.  When he wasn't drinking himself to death he was also a really good pro, but don't let that get in the way of you acting like the mongoloid that you usually are.

Repped for contextually relevant use of the term "mongoloid".

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

We've had some good discussions in other threads about GM strategy. It appears or seems as if Caldwell went with a 4-5 year plan on premium position early vs Mac seemingly to like picking BPA. 

In 2014 unfortunately for Caldwell Bortles was really the only first round QB prospect. He was at least smart enough to stay away from Manziel. Maybe missed on Carr. Bridgewater also being part of that class.

tough spot, you can see the argument why Bortles. Still early but I'd agree you'd have liked to seen more development by now. 

Not a great pick, not horrible either. Mas a menos. 

Bortles in a stable environment from Day One, and he may be everything he was supposed to be when drafted. Jags drafting him was like Jets or Browns drafting him. He'd have had to be HOF good to transcend that. Marrone has stabilized his career in his first season with him. I think he'll keep getting better if he things don't change much in Jax for the next 2-3 years.

Not a great pick, not horrible either. Mas a menos. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

4th year, 15th in DYAR and 16th in DVOA, team in divisional round. If that was the result-line for the QB of the New York Jets there would be a pinned masturbation thread on this forum for him.

It's like objectivity vs. visually impaired homerism squinting through foggy green goggles 

it's like debating between mouth breathing and just holding your breath until a better option becomes available.

Archived