Screw this. I’m tired of sitting on the sidelines.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pennington said:

Please just draft a QB and stay the hell away from Cousins at his ridiculous salary. How about finally having a young franchise QB capable of carrying his team on his back instead of settling for a guy who has choked in every big game and couldn't even get his team into the playoffs year after year. All signing Cousins will do is maybe get this team to 7 or 8 wins and continue the cycle of mediocrity or worse.

Kirk cousins can BALL. Cut it out. You think if we had Kirk Cousins production under center for our loaded 09/10 and 10/11 teams, we wouldn’t have blew every team out on our way to Green Bay?  We can recreate the magic quite easily. GO FOR THE THROAT.  CUT THE SNAKES HEAD OFF. It’s what needs to be done. We can worry about someone like Fromm or Stidham later!

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I cannot STAND watching these cheating bums do this any more. I cannot stand watching these teams get screwed up the a$$ by the refs. I cannot stand these smug ass patriot fans and I cannot stand these teams cowering down each and every time they play them. Pittsburg is NOT going to go into Foxborough and win. We know this. And the Jags damn sure ain’t either. I was against it at first but I’m tired of my team sitting at home ever ******* year.

DO IT. SIGN KIRK COUSINS. SIGN ALLEN ROBINSON. SIGN THE BEST O LINEMAN. DRAFT OFFENSE.

Take a run at the crown! I’m tired of sitting here watching other teams get beat. Each and every time WE play NE we play them harder than ANY team in this league. We know the Patriots better than anyone. Pick ourselves outta the mud and do what exactly what we have proven only we and a few other teams can do..beat the Patriots with a solid team. Brady is 41 next year. Their OC/DC are leaving. Make a run at it. I can’t stand watching from the sideline view any more man...

redunant ass thread..ya I know..I just gotta vent..sh*t is crazy.

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Billy King to the stage. Alriiiiight.

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We need to try and sign Ansha or Lawrence in FA after Kirk. So we can get a ten year anchor LT/G with our 1st pick. Sign Kyle Fuller for corner, resign Claiborne, Sony Michel with one of the second round picks, BPA with the other second. Let’s do it. I can’t handle this anymore. The Jets, Denver(on a good day) and the Ravens are the only teams to truly stun the Patriots in the last decade. We have to counter with every resource we have. 

I think this is a doable plan that can work. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I couldn't watch that game.  I never really thought the games were fixed, but that was awful.

Decker's "pushing off", no.  That was bs, even the refs knew it.  Then the encroachment when the pats are punting.   The announcers knew it was bs, they said it.  NE is too good to get that many calls in the first quarter.  Total hose job.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

yep, football is a game of inches and penalty flags being thrown in your favor.  sounds like there were a couple of critical penalties in the game.  i'm sure there weren't any pick call on gronk or amendola. and i'm also sure brady didn't get called for intentional grounding.

Guys, it was absolutely disgusting to watch. It had never been so obvious...and the only thing Patriot fans can say is

”Really dude. The score was 35 14. You really think those missed calls and bad calls would've changed the outcome? Let's be real now, I saw a few calls that were missed against the Pats too. Not at many that were missed us. But refs are human. And they did not change the outcome of that game. Everybody and their grand mother kno that”

ABSOLUTELY. F*ck do you mean? I told him,

”This changed the dynamic of the game. It killed momentum and it stopped the Titans from ever advancing. It was garbage. You say “the refs are human” like it wasnt blatantly more obvious than any other time. It was. I had never seen them be so open with their favoritism. Any call that was against the Pats..(what like 2?) was only called after a huge lead just to paint the illusion of “fairness” ....your team gets away with murder every time out there. It’s got me to the point where I’m not even watching the NFL until next year. Too many NBA games on right now to catch that crap. A team like the Titans put in all that hard work just to have their season forcefully ripped from them.”

I would still rather draft our own qb and not have that clock ticking right away.  There's no reason the jets can't get in the playoffs next season with a rookie qb if they beef up other positions.  

What the jets need to do, is fix that o-line so when they draft a qb they can have a real running game.  And that means drafting a bell cow rb in the 2nd round to replace forte.  

7 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I think I'm done after tonight till the draft. Pats BS is just taxing especially now that I've broken my NFL addiction outside the Jets. I made it less then a half tonight and it made me not want to watch tomorrow or the rest of the playoffs. The sh*t is disgusting 

this, me too, I shut the sh*t off at halftime and was watching Pit Bulls & Parolees and will go out today. There is no point in watching anymore. As the OP said, neither Pit or Jax are wining up there, and the refs and league will make sure they win yet another SB. I cant take it anymore either.

38 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Kirk cousins can BALL. Cut it out. You think if we had Kirk Cousins production under center for our loaded 09/10 and 10/11 teams, we wouldn’t have blew every team out on our way to Green Bay?  We can recreate the magic quite easily. GO FOR THE THROAT.  CUT THE SNAKES HEAD OFF. It’s what needs to be done. We can worry about someone like Fromm or Stidham later!

Cousins is a better version of Alex Smith. He can only win if you have an incredible roster around him which is not the case with the Jets. Sure if we had the rosters that we had with Sanchez we could win but we don't and certainly won't for several more seasons at the very least. 

If Cousins wants to win big he better go to a team like Jacksonville because he isn't good enough to carry a team like the Jets. Yeah lets keep kicking the can down the road when it comes to finding a franchise QB just so we can go 8-8 with Kirk Cousins. There is a damn good reason why the Redskins have never committed to him long term and its exactly why the Jets shoudn't either.

5 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Cousins is a better version of Alex Smith. He can only win if you have an incredible roster around him which is not the case with the Jets. Sure if we had the rosters that we had with Sanchez we could win but we don't and certainly won't for several more seasons at the very least. 

If Cousins wants to win big he better go to a team like Jacksonville because he isn't good enough to carry a team like the Jets. Yeah lets keep kicking the can down the road when it comes to finding a franchise QB just so we can go 8-8 with Kirk Cousins. There is a damn good reason why the Redskins have never committed to him long term and its exactly why the Jets shoudn't either.

How can you say this when we have never seen him on an average team much less a “incredible” team. He’s been on 1 team his entire career. One of the few teams who are more poorly ran than us. They are voided of talent and there’s no way you can convince me a washed up Garçon/Jackson was true talent. They were injury plagued to hell and back. He had no line. 

8 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Or we could, ya know, try and continue to build a better roster around him? Are you hoping a holy grail QB comes and takes this exact team to the superbowl? 

1 hour ago, Pennington said:

Spending a ton in free agency pretty much never works out and like you said as long as Bubba Gump is coaching the team they aren't going anywhere.

Some of the biggest names in free agency last year made the playoffs and some have advanced:

Alshon Jeffrey- eagles

Torrey Smith- eagles

Logan Ryan-  titans

Andre whitworth - rams

Stephen Gilmore- pats

Connor barwin- rams

Calais Campbell- jags

Barry church- jags

AJ bouye- jags

Just because the media loves to remind you of the busts like Brandon Marshall, don't be fooled into thinking free agents don't help turn losing teams like the jags and Rams into playoff contenders over night. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Some of the biggest names in free agency last year made the playoffs and some have advanced:

Alshon Jeffrey- eagles

Torrey Smith- eagles

Logan Ryan-  titans

Andre whitworth - rams

Stephen Gilmore- pats

Connor barwin- rams

Calais Campbell- jags

Barry church- jags

AJ bouye- jags

Just because the media loves to remind you of the busts like Brandon Marshall, don't be fooled into thinking free agents don't help turn losing teams like the jags and Rams into playoff contenders over night. 

Brandon Marshall also broke records his first year here. Granted it fell apart. It wasn’t that bad.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

It's getting sad that I'm okay with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl because it MIGHT mean that Belichick retires. It's amazing how much more open the AFC would be without Brady and Belichick.

If they win it this year I don't think he'd retire.  They'd be tied with the Steelers at 6 titles each.  The possibility of passing the Steelers and becoming the first team to win 3 SBs in a row would almost certainly be too tempting for BB to pass up.  Knowing him, they'll go 19-0 next year to avenge that 1st Giants SB loss and go down as the first undefeated/untied team since the 16 game schedule.  THEN he might retire.

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

How can you say this when we have never seen him on an average team much less a “incredible” team. He’s been on 1 team his entire career. One of the few teams who are more poorly ran than us. They are voided of talent and there’s no way you can convince me a washed up Garçon/Jackson was true talent. They were injury plagued to hell and back. He had no line. 

The Redskins sure as hell have more talent that the Jets do and he hasn't gotten them to the playoffs. If he was a top tier QB as he will surely be paid like he would have gotten his team to the playoffs. Cousins has played like crap in pretty much every big game he has ever played in going back to his days at Michigan St.

If this was a great roster that was just a decent QB away from being a legitimate contender I would understand signing Cousins. Unfortunately we have one of the worst teams in the league and one or two offseasons will not take us from garbage status to contending. Cousins makes sense for a team like Jacksonville that is just a decent QB away but he just makes no sense for this team at this time.

We have an idiot GM and coach with a roster that has holes all over the place. This idea that we can just spend our way into contention is so incredibly misguided.

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Or we could, ya know, try and continue to build a better roster around him? Are you hoping a holy grail QB comes and takes this exact team to the superbowl? 

Sorry but we aren't building a championship roster overnight even if we didn't have a clueless GM. I think you really underestimate just how far away this roster is. 

You know part of me is all in for Cousins. I've watched the guy since his Michigan State days. I think he can succeed in NY but I have some reservations. Sure he has the stats but the Redskins have won nothing with him. NOTHING. Yes they had a lot of injuries this year but in the years before that they had some talent and still never did a thing. Cousins can put up some #'s we all know that. Where are the playoff wins? Where are the MVP'S? If Cousins is going to be paid like we all know he will be I think these are legit questions. Oh and forget about getting him for less than 23 mil per. Thats what he made last season. Why would he take a paycut on a long term deal? Back load it you say? What if he bombs out? Then you are paying him with no hope of trading what could be an albatross contract. Cousins is an attractive piece no doubt and the Jets could afford him and still do some things in FA but I would rather draft one of the top 3 QB's and surround him with talent and go from there. Tell you one thing. If they do sign Cousins to a big deal and he bombs Macc and Bowles are toast.

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Alshon Jeffrey- eagles

Torrey Smith- eagles

Logan Ryan-  titans

Andre whitworth - rams

Stephen Gilmore- pats

Connor barwin- rams

Calais Campbell- jags

Barry church- jags

AJ bouye- jags

The Rams had a very good roster that underachieved due to having Jeff effing Fisher as its head coach. Going from Fisher to McVay is why they made the playoffs not free agency.  

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You know part of me is all in for Cousins. I've watched the guy since his Michigan State days. I think he can succeed in NY but I have some reservations. Sure he has the stats but the Redskins have won nothing with him. NOTHING. Yes they had a lot of injuries this year but in the years before that they had some talent and still never did a thing. Cousins can put up some #'s we all know that. Where are the playoff wins? Where are the MVP'S? If Cousins is going to be paid like we all know he will be I think these are legit questions. Oh and forget about getting him for less than 23 mil per. Thats what he made last season. Why would he take a paycut on a long term deal? Back load it you say? What if he bombs out? Then you are paying him with no hope of trading what could be an albatross contract. Cousins is an attractive piece not doubt and the Jets could afford him and still do some things in FA but I would rather draft one of the top 3 QB's and surround him with talent and go from there. Tell you one thing. If they do sign Cousins to a big deal and he bombs Macc and Bowles are toast.

Exactly Cousins has won nothing yet we are supposed to pay him like he is Aaron Rodgers. It would certainly be a Jets thing to do but I am completely against it.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I would still rather draft our own qb and not have that clock ticking right away.  There's no reason the jets can't get in the playoffs next season with a rookie qb if they beef up other positions.  

What the jets need to do, is fix that o-line so when they draft a qb they can have a real running game.  And that means drafting a bell cow rb in the 2nd round to replace forte.  

i agree with most of this.  get them a good running game and the qb will look that much better.  the qb needs to be able to scare defenses by getting the ball more than 20 yds down field accurately or even make those screen passes accurately.  can a rookie qb do it?  well, sanchez did it but he was working behind an awful good oline.  at this point i am concerned that the coaches will be able to deal with having a rookie qb.  i mean hack may have limitations but that just means the coaches that have to come up with plays that play to his strengths.  

at this point it makes no sense to keep forte and little sense to keep powell.

2 minutes ago, Pennington said:

The Redskins sure as hell have more talent that the Jets do and he hasn't gotten them to the playoffs. If he was a top tier QB as he will surely be paid like he would have gotten his team to the playoffs. Cousins has played like crap in pretty much every big game he has ever played in going back to his days at Michigan St.

If this was a great roster that was just a decent QB away from being a legitimate contender I would understand signing Cousins. Unfortunately we have one of the worst teams in the league and one or two offseasons will not take us from garbage status to contending. Cousins makes sense for a team like Jacksonville that is just a decent QB away but he just makes no sense for this team at this time.

We have an idiot GM and coach with a roster that has holes all over the place. This idea that we can just spend our way into contention is so incredibly misguided.

Wow would a load of sh*t. The Jets Offense has way more weapons than the Redskins. You lost your mind. 

Wide Out-

Josh Doctson stats:

35 catches 502 yards 14.3 AVG 6 TD’s 

Jamison Crowder stats:

Catches  789 yards  
 AVG 3 TD’s

Vs.

Robby Anderson stats:

63 catches  941 yards 15.0 AVG 7 TD’s 

Jermaine Kearse stats:

65 catches, 810 yards 12.5 AVG, 5 TD’s 

Tight Ends-

Jorden Reed stats(through his only 6 games):

27 catches, 211 yards, 7.8 AVG, 2 TD’s

vs

ASJ stats:

50 catches, 357 yards, 7.8 AVG, 3 TD’s

Half backs -

Chris Thompson stats:

64 attempts, 294 yards, 4.6 avg, 2 TD’s

Samaje Perine stats:

174 attempts, 603 yards, 3.4 AVG, 1 TD’s

vs

Bilal Powell stats: 

178 attempts, 772 yards, 4.3 AVG, 5 TD’s 

Matt Forte stats:

103 attempts, 381 yards, 3.7 AVG, 2 TD’s

Redskins offensive line was beat up all year and at some points fans didn’t even know who the players were that were out there starting. Scherff and Williams are beasts but Williams missed 6 or 7 games. Brandon missed a few, himself. The the LG and LT position was absolutely atrocious. So Don’t give me that crap. The Jets WR’s and HB’s all has better production worth JOSH MCCOWN throwing them the ball. You have no case here.

48 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Brandon Marshall also broke records his first year here. Granted it fell apart. It wasn’t that bad.

Personal accolades broken that year by him and Fitzpatrick and still we sat home for the playoffs. 

Means nothing he's a locker room distraction. 

43 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You know part of me is all in for Cousins. I've watched the guy since his Michigan State days. I think he can succeed in NY but I have some reservations. Sure he has the stats but the Redskins have won nothing with him. NOTHING. Yes they had a lot of injuries this year but in the years before that they had some talent and still never did a thing. Cousins can put up some #'s we all know that. Where are the playoff wins? Where are the MVP'S? If Cousins is going to be paid like we all know he will be I think these are legit questions. Oh and forget about getting him for less than 23 mil per. Thats what he made last season. Why would he take a paycut on a long term deal? Back load it you say? What if he bombs out? Then you are paying him with no hope of trading what could be an albatross contract. Cousins is an attractive piece no doubt and the Jets could afford him and still do some things in FA but I would rather draft one of the top 3 QB's and surround him with talent and go from there. Tell you one thing. If they do sign Cousins to a big deal and he bombs Macc and Bowles are toast.

Since when are Jets fans so high maintenance? Of course we'd all love for us to draft our own guy and for him to turn into a top QB. 

But now that a top 10 QB could be a free agent, we wanna turn the other away because he hasn't won any MVPs? lol. Let me know when that Unicorn becomes available on the market. 

18 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Since when are Jets fans so high maintenance? Of course we'd all love for us to draft our own guy and for him to turn into a top QB. 

But now that a top 10 QB could be a free agent, we wanna turn the other away because he hasn't won any MVPs? lol. Let me know when that Unicorn becomes available on the market. 

I think most Jets fans are sick and tired of others teams garbage in a sense not saying Cousins is garbage its just the mindset. 

Many of us remember the Neal O'Donnell fiasco and don't want a repeat, not saying Cousins is  O'Donnell just using the situation as an example. 

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wow would a load of sh*t. The Jets Offense has way more weapons than the Redskins. You lost your mind. 

Wide Out-

Josh Doctson stats:

35 catches 502 yards 14.3 AVG 6 TD’s 

Jamison Crowder stats:

Catches  789 yards  
 AVG 3 TD’s

Vs.

Robby Anderson stats:

63 catches  941 yards 15.0 AVG 7 TD’s 

Jermaine Kearse stats:

65 catches, 810 yards 12.5 AVG, 5 TD’s 

Tight Ends-

Jorden Reed stats(through his only 6 games):

27 catches, 211 yards, 7.8 AVG, 2 TD’s

vs

ASJ stats:

50 catches, 357 yards, 7.8 AVG, 3 TD’s

Half backs -

Chris Thompson stats:

64 attempts, 294 yards, 4.6 avg, 2 TD’s

Samaje Perine stats:

174 attempts, 603 yards, 3.4 AVG, 1 TD’s

vs

Bilal Powell stats: 

178 attempts, 772 yards, 4.3 AVG, 5 TD’s 

Matt Forte stats:

103 attempts, 381 yards, 3.7 AVG, 2 TD’s

Redskins offensive line was beat up all year and at some points fans didn’t even know who the players were that were out there starting. Scherff and Williams are beasts but Williams missed 6 or 7 games. Brandon missed a few, himself. The the LG and LT position was absolutely atrocious. So Don’t give me that crap. The Jets WR’s and HB’s all has better production worth JOSH MCCOWN throwing them the ball. You have no case here.

Find a way to get Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield. At the very least we should be able to trade up to 3 to get Mayfield. I have had it with aiming for mediocrity and want to take a shot at greatness for once.

I am not saying that Cousins is bad or wouldn't be a huge upgrade over what we have. What I am saying is that he is not an elite QB that is worth paying 25 million or so per season. If we had a good team that just needed a decent QB to get us over the top it would make sense to sign Cousins but that is not where this team is.  

55 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If they win it this year I don't think he'd retire.  They'd be tied with the Steelers at 6 titles each.  The possibility of passing the Steelers and becoming the first team to win 3 SBs in a row would almost certainly be too tempting for BB to pass up.  Knowing him, they'll go 19-0 next year to avenge that 1st Giants SB loss and go down as the first undefeated/untied team since the 16 game schedule.  THEN he might retire.

Could just as easily see that haha I wonder if there is any truth to the ESPN report though. If they win and BB feels Kraft has overstepped his bounds do you think he lets both OC/DC become head coaches and then he retires? Leaving Kraft with no HC, no young QBs, and a 41 year old Brady.

man can dream can't he.

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Cousins is not a top 10 QB. He is in the same realm as Alex Smith. Both decent players that are incapable of lifting a team to greatness which is what 25 million or so per season should get you.

2 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Cousins is not a top 10 QB. He is in the same realm as Alex Smith. Both decent players that are incapable of lifting a team to greatness which is what 25 million or so per season should get you.

Alex Smith has been on two teams that have been to multiple NFC championship games/AFC division games. Colin Kaepernick finished where Smith left off and carried them to a SB...look at Colin now. So not sure what you mean by “lifting them to greatness”.

Cousins hasn’t been on any team besides the sh*tty team he is apart of now.. You really can’t say what you are saying without evidence. unless he leaves and fails with a different team that has put a decent team around him....there is no evidence to support your claim. That is our point.

Just now, Pennington said:

Not sure what the official measure is for lifting to greatness, but pretty sure outside of Rodgers and Brady, not many QBs are doing that. All of them are surrounded by talent, and some still can't make the playoffs. 

Stafford is the highest paid player...is he lifting to greatness? 

The free first down after the long snapper bobbed his head was criminal 

Changing the call after 30 seconds wreeks of interference from the NYC office 

The patriots are the far superior team, but when the fix is in, you remove the possibility of an upset, the reason for watching and become wwf 

All we need know is for Giselle to hang out on the sidelines and trash talk 

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Alex Smith has been on two teams that have been to multiple NFC championship games/AFC division games. Colin Kaepernick finished where Smith left off and carried them to a SB...look at Colin now. So not sure what you mean by “lifting them to greatness”.

Cousins hasn’t been on any team besides the sh*tty team he is apart of now.. You really can’t say what you are saying without evidence. unless he leaves and fails with a different team that has put a decent team around him....there is no evidence to support your claim. That is our point.

The Redskns did the kid no favors on getting rid of his receivers last year. Guy came out and played very well with what he had. I live in DC and I 100% think Cousins will play better the minute he is out of DC. Needs a change of scenery and feel the support of an organization that actually “wants” him. Drew Breezey-ish in the fresh start sense. 

Archived