Alex Smith to Redskins [MERGED]

Lith

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

No, one dismisses it and one doesn't dismiss it at all.

Again, this delusion that you have that I denied that the Redskins ever tried to negotiate with Cousins is just that . . . a delusion. 

*sigh* I’m trying to tell you I concede the semantics point to you. Have it, congrats! 

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

You sure are a pro at having to fabricate your intelligence LOL. 

Nothing you are saying has been written critically or carefully. Slow down there, newb.

Writes the guy who couldn't comprehend a few sentences.

How about you slow down when you read, newb?

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't buy this. I don't care what the Redskins fans say. Jets fans also say a lot of things about this franchise that are total horsesh*t. 

Guys like Peter King, Adam Schefter, etc. have been reporting on the Cousins saga for a long time now. None of them have reported that Cousins refused to ever negotiate with the Redskins. I just don't buy that.

If you can get me independent corroboration from some reporters, then cool. But I have been interested in the Cousins thing for a while now and I haven't seen it ever depicted quite the way you have. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

No that's not Redskins hearsay, that is fact they offered him a 5 year deal last spring and the front office came out and ripped Kirk in the media by leaking the details of the contract.

Redskins offer Kirk New Contract

Kirk did not counter offer, that's when Kirk made up his mind not to resign thus leading to no further negotiations.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Writes the guy who couldn't comprehend a few sentences.

How about you slow down when you read, newb?

A few sentences that you wrote like you were trying to freestyle write 5 syllable words in order to gain some kind of self confidence in your ability to piece together thoughtful sentences. Niiice. Perfect use of coherency.

Only newbs do that. 

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yooooo....that sounds really good. Regular Cheerios are for people that have to watch their heart. Bunch of old people cereal if you ask me. But Banana? What a youthful twist.

It is actually not good. I should have just added a banana to regular Cheerios 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

No that's not Redskins hearsay, that is fact they offered him a 5 year deal last spring and the front office came out and ripped Kirk in the media by leaking the details of the contract.

Redskins offer Kirk New Contract

Kirk did not counter offer, that's when Kirk made up his mind not to resign thus leading to no further negotiations.

But none of this says that Cousins refused to ever negotiate with the Redskins. That's what I question.

Again, I have been interested in Cousins for years and I have never seen that written anywhere. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

A few sentences that you wrote like you were trying to freestyle write 5 syllable words in order to gain some kind of self confidence in your ability to piece together thoughtful sentences. Niiice. Perfect use of coherency.

Only newbs do that. 

No amount of incendiary BS will change the fact that you failed to properly read what I wrote and then proceeded to respond to my post in an incoherent manner. Only newbs do that. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

No amount of incendiary BS will change the fact that you failed to properly read what I wrote and then proceeded to respond to my post in an incoherent manner. Only newbs do that. 

And no amount of savvy fabrication can change the fact you worded it poorly and now you are trying to blame other people for your idiotic use of words. Stick around newb man wonder .. you can learn a little something about masterful articulation.

But none of this says that Cousins refused to ever negotiate with the Redskins. That's what I question.

Again, I have been interested in Cousins for years and I have never seen that written anywhere. 

Wait....so refusing to counter offer doesn't count as refusing to negotiate? I think you are back pedaling because I'm not following your logic. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

And no amount of savvy fabrication can change the fact you worded it poorly and now you are trying to blame other people for your idiotic use of words. Stick around newb man wonder .. you can learn a little something about masterful articulation.

So you fail to properly comprehend a few written sentences and your response is to furiously blame the writer instead of correcting your obviously hasty and reckless reading habits? You are an angry newb, huh?

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So you fail to properly comprehend a few written sentences and your response is to furiously blame the writer instead of correcting your obviously hasty and reckless reading habits? You are an angry newb, huh?

Says the guy who wasn’t able to write those few sentences in a comprehensible format because he was too concerned with sounding smahrrt.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Redskins are giving Alex Smith 4 years, $94 mil, so it doesn’t appear as though money was the issue. 

How do you figure that? It's likely a 3 year deal with a team option for the 4th year. Kirk wanted a long term deal, not sure 3 years qualifies for that.

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Wait....so refusing to counter offer doesn't count as refusing to negotiate? I think you are back pedaling because I'm not following your logic. 

No, you wrote that Cousins "refused to negotiate" with the Redskins. But, one contract offer in July of 2017 doesn't prove that. They have been negotiating on and off for a couple of years now. 

Because of one contract offer in July of this past year? They had been negotiating for a lot longer than that. 

Yes prior to that, since then Kirk has not tried to negotiate. No one is arguing that Kirk tried prior to that offer. The argument is that once that offer was made Kirk refused to negotiate anymore

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Says the guy who wasn’t able to write those few sentences in a comprehensible format because he was too concerned with sounding smahrrt.

If only you took the time to properly read what I wrote . . . you wouldn't be mad. 

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Yes prior to that, since then Kirk has not tried to negotiate. No one is arguing that Kirk tried prior to that offer. The argument is that once that offer was made Kirk refused to negotiate anymore

But how many offers were there back and forth prior to that? Who the hell knows? Ok, so things broke down after two years of negotiating. That's very different from the notion that Cousins was always unwilling to negotiate with Washington and wanted out. 

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If only you took the time to properly read what I wrote . . . you wouldn't be mad. 

Really hard to tell if you are a master troll or legit mentally disabled. You ask for evidence, people give you evidence, then you say it doesn't count. Meanwhile your entire argument against Cousins is "It's better to draft a Franchise QB". Well no ******* sh*t. Why don't you pass on that wise intel to Mac so he can get right on that. Why don't you remind us how many QB's the Jets have drafted over the last 20 years and let us know when you hit on one that has put up better numbers than Cousins has these last few years? 

Archived