Alex Smith to Redskins [MERGED]

Lith

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I trust these dicks to develop a QB about as far as I can throw them.

Go get Kirk

P.S. He’s more like a B+ QB

I don’t care if he’s not Brady or Rodgers. Few are. But he’s a borderline Top 10 QB just hitting his prime.

Kirk with serious weapons like Landry, Robinson, Jimmy Graham, Saquon Barkley and Robby can get the job done

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We are beating the Patriots 44-7 in the home opener and Todd Bowles just pulled him from the game to give Christian Hackenberg some reps. 

Good try but you know Bowles is NEVER putting in the Hack to get some reps...he doesnt have the balls...

4849125701_1a77f6d481_m.jpg

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That doesn't mean anything. They traded him for a guy 4 years older and THEN paid him. They didn't think Cousins was worth the stud money that he thought he was. I'm not sure what else to tell you. 

Do you not know that the Redskins tried to extend Kirk numerous times and he turned them down?  They F'd up and waited too long. 

That's what happened.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I trust these dicks to develop a QB about as far as I can throw them.

Go get Kirk

P.S. He’s more like a B+ QB

I don’t care if he’s not Brady or Rodgers. Few are. But he’s a borderline Top 10 QB just hitting his prime.

You don't trust us to pick and develop the right QB, but you trust us to pick all of the right free agents and build a winning team around a guy who has a losing career record? Fair enough - why?

Just now, Pac said:

Do you not know that the Redskins tried to extend Kirk numerous times and he turned them down?  They F'd up and waited too long. 

That's what happened.

Yes, but clearly, they didn't offer him the money that he wanted. That's kind of important. He's about to become the highest paid QB in the league . . . 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Kirk with serious weapons like Landry, Robinson, Jimmy Graham, Saquon Barkley and Robby can get the job done

Unless you are trading up to get Barkley, he will not be wearing green.  Don't need him anyway...there are some good backs that can be had with one of our two second rounders.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nope.  Not going to happen.  Mccagnan isn't going full O'Donnell, no way.  Also...

Miami
Buffalo
Denver
Minnesota
Jacksonville

All better destinations than Florham Park.  Not to mention Indianapolis (if Smith got that money, what would Luck be worth?) or even Pittsburgh (same for Roethlisberger even on his last legs).

Kirk Cousins will not come to New York.  This talk is ludicrous.

SAR I

The Jets are the favorite.  Accept it.  Embrace it.  Rejoice.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

for a year and some change, if that. You’ll survive as well Los Yets. 

It's not about me surviving. It's about this franchise making a prudent decision and drafting/developing their own guy instead of paying a "nice" player like he's great player. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You don't trust us to pick and develop the right QB, but you trust us to pick all of the right free agents and build a winning team around a guy who has a losing career record? Fair enough - why?

With $100+ million to play with?

Yeah, I think Macc is capable of making a few quality moves to improve the team. Only the most incompetent dildo could fail at that.

But choosing the right rookie QB and developing said rookie QB?

Nah, that’s where my confidence goes right into the sh*tter.

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Yes, Occam's razor for sure but his stats are impressive and when we compare that to the choices at #6 pick, it's worth the risk IMHO

Fair enough. I want us to take the best QB we can get our hands on in the draft. 

Just now, Untouchable said:

Yeah, I think Macc is capable of making a few quality moves to improve the team. Only the most incompetent dildo could fail at that.

that cant be a serious question...its easy...because FA have pro tape...college players have division 1 college tape (maybe)....and no ability to know if they have what it actually takes to be a pro...and hence...have pro tape.

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Adams

Maye

Lee

Jenkins

Leo

Q

Snow

Gas

kitchens

Albuquerque

what's your point? There's gonna be cap casualties whenever you pay a guy 400 million dollars.

Look pal, you want him? great. Good for you and your kids. It's NOT however, insane to be a little bit leery of spending that money on someone, anyone not named Tom Brady... so fck off giving me a hard time for not being totally kosher and having some trepidation here. 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If they pick the right guy, it would be so worth it . . . Just gotta pick the right guy with the right confidence . . . 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The Jets are the favorite.  Accept it.  Embrace it.  Rejoice.

Hell yeah!

Because we have great weather (Miami, Jacksonville), are a playoff team (Buffalo, Minnesota, Jacksonville), and have a great GM/FO (Denver, Jacksonville)!  Go Jets!

SAR I

Just now, Paradis said:

Snow

Gas

kitchens

Albuquerque

what's your point? There's gonna be fcking cap casualties whenever you pay a guy 400 million dollars.

Look pal, you want him? great. Good for you and your kids. It's NOT however, insane to be a little bit leery of spending that money on someone, anyone not named Tom Brady... so fck off giving me a hard time for not being totally kosher and having some trepidation here. 

you asked me to give you the list...take it down a notch buddy....we are all friends here.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I find it hard to believe so many people are infatuated with a meh QB that just got dumped for Alex Smith. 

:shrugs: I mean when that’s your spin *and* you’re willing to pretend they made no offers or attempts, I guess that would be hard to believe. No less true, THO! 

Kirk Cousins is the best QB to hit the market since Peyton Manning.

why is this even up for debate? Yes you sign him.

washington tried and tried and failed. They got a guy they can place under center confidently as a consolation prize tho

so yea.

i dont think they “dumped” Cousins for Alex. This was a last resort thing.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I find it hard to believe so many people are infatuated with a meh QB that just got dumped for Alex Smith. 

Same here.  And these are the same clowns who are such quarterback experts that they ran Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mark Sanchez out of town, two guys who actually played well enough to set team records in their short stays in green.

I've seen Kirk Cousins on the New York Jets already.  The Washington Redskins are the Jets in maroon uniforms.  It ends out of the playoffs.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's bigger than Washington. Teams don't let stud QBs go in free agency. Obviously they could be wrong about him, but I don't think they think he is a stud QB and I think we should be very wary of making him the highest QB in the league.

It would be SO Jetsy to sign cousins to a mega deal and then go 8-8 for the next 4 years. I can already feel it. 

You don't like Cousins and that's fine.  I've been a bit on the fence about him versus simply going the draft route.

That said, this Smith deal is so idiotic, I lost even the slightest bit of respect that could previously be had for Washington's evaluation of QBs.  Them having their heads so far up their asses has absolutely no impact on what Cousins will or won't be for his next team, regardless of where that ends up being.

Archived