FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

14 hours ago, KRL said:

Reggie Mckenize got his GM rights taken away tbqh.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oakland Raiders waived punter Marquette King and tight end Clive Walford, the team announced on Friday.

King, who joined the Raiders in 2012 as an undrafted free agent, spent the first six seasons of his career in the Bay Area. He averaged 46.8 yards per punt over the past five seasons and was rewarded for his rise with a five-year, $16.5 million extension in February 2016. 

Last season, the 29-year-old ranked third among all players at his position with a net punting average of 42.7 yards. 

Cutting King frees up $2.9 million in cap space. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Report: Geno Smith, Chargers Agree to Contract After 1 Season with Giants

Kellen Clemens swapped out for Geno Smith. Tune in next year for Christian Hackenberg's   preseason appearance for the Bolts.

The Giants cut ties with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie this spring, leaving a void as far as experience, depth and ability at the nickel-back role. They made a move Thursday to fill that hole, signing William Gay, an 11-year veteran who, at 33, is actually two years older than Rodgers-Cromartie.

36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Giants cut ties with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie this spring, leaving a void as far as experience, depth and ability at the nickel-back role. They made a move Thursday to fill that hole, signing William Gay, an 11-year veteran who, at 33, is actually two years older than Rodgers-Cromartie.

NYG have deluded themselves that they went 13-3 last year instead of 3-13.  It's

amazing how many 30+ year old free agents they've signed.  To me it indicates they

aren't going to pick a QB, they'll want someone who can contribute immediately

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jordan Matthews, Patriots Reportedly Agree to Contract 

Patriots signed WR Jordan Matthews, formerly of the Bills, to a one-year contract.

The Patriots were in the receiver market after trading Brandin Cooks. Matthews is the opposite of Cooks' deep threat but has been a compiler over the middle of the field in between injuries and drops. Supposedly healthy after an injury-ruined 2017 in Buffalo — he underwent both knee and ankle surgery in December — Matthews fits the profile of a Patriots slot machine, at least on paper. We wouldn't consider him a lock to make the 53-man roster, but he will be an interesting name to track this summer.

ESPN New York doesn't expect the Jets to sign free agent DT Johnathan Hankins.

Hankins visited the Jets after leaving Washington and Detroit without a deal. He has ties to New York from his Giants days, but may not be a great fit on a line that has Leonard Williams and Steve McLendon. With Ndamukong Suh signed, Hankins is the top defensive tackle in free agency.

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hankins visited the Jets after leaving Washington and Detroit without a deal. He has ties to New York from his Giants days, but may not be a great fit on a line that has Leonard Williams and Steve McLendon. With Ndamukong Suh signed, Hankins is the top defensive tackle in free agency.

Why don’t they expect it..? What I am i missing here?

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I read this and shook my head. 

1. If the 26 yo top rated DT is not “a great fit” on a line with an aging McClendon, why bring him in?

2. Why flirt with Suh if they’re okay with the current DL? 

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I read this and shook my head. 

1. If the 26 yo top rated DT is not “a great fit” on a line with an aging McClendon, why bring him in?

2. Why flirt with Suh if they’re okay with the current DL? 

I don’t think ESPN New York knows anything tbh.

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why don’t they expect it..? What I am i missing here?

Probably because he visited and didn't get signed immediately.  I don't buy it

the same thing happened to Swanson and Pryor they both left then signed

later

Probably this dumb exchange is the reason:

Rich CiminiVerified account @RichCimini

Good player, but not a great fit as a DE (5 technique). They’d have to use him in other ways.

Adam B @wa2k_1999
Replying to @RichCimini
Do you believe Jonathan Hankins would be a good fit for this defense? #jetsmail
11:33 AM - 7 Apr 2018

32 minutes ago, KRL said:

If Ian Rapoport or Adam Schefter said Hankins wasn't signing I would buy it.  There's

no one in the local media market who has inside info 

Exactly my thoughts. They are the only ones who break actual news in the offseason. ESPN NY is basically Rich Cimini when we are talking Jets football.. 

Thats who you are hearing this from..Rich Cimini.

My guess....He wants too much $.  Macc has been clear, despite the surplus of Cap dollars, that he'll only spend a certain amount for certain guys.

Example:  Most of us think TE is still a need area.  Keeping ASJ and a 2nd year TE in Jordan Leggett makes sense.  But Macc apparently was willing to go to $8M over two years but not $10M.  I think he's got a budget.

They brought in both Suh and Hankins and I'd assume you'd know whether or not they were fits before they got here.  The fact that neither was signed is telling.

The story of free agency this year is that safeties have minimal value all of a sudden. Kenny Vaccarro, Eric Reid, and Tre Boston are getting zero interest, Honey Badger had to take a one year deal for pennies, and the Seahawks aren’t finding anyone who wants to pay for Earl Thomas. It’s a good and smart thing that we burned two high draft picks on a position that could have been filled on the cheap to go along with burning another first at ILB, where you can find good ones for $6 mil per.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The story of free agency this year is that safeties have minimal value all of a sudden. Kenny Vaccarro, Eric Reid, and Tre Boston are getting zero interest, Honey Badger had to take a one year deal for pennies, and the Seahawks aren’t finding anyone who wants to pay for Earl Thomas. It’s a good and smart thing that we burned two high draft picks on a position that could have been filled on the cheap to go along with burning another first at ILB, where you can find good ones for $6 mil per.

Vaccaro sucks , Eric Ried has entered the Keapernick blackball (NFL teams blatantly not trying to sign him. career might be over ) I’ll give you Tre Boston tho solid player should be signed ..

seahawks want a 1st and 3rd for Earl Thomas which  is why I think they aren’t finiding much trade suitors at the moment . Although he still could be delt come draft day . 

We will see how minimal there Value is when it’s Landon Collins turn to get payed next year . 

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Vaccaro sucks , Eric Ried has entered the Keapernick blackball (NFL teams blatantly not trying to sign him. career might be over ) I’ll give you Tre Boston tho solid player should be signed ..

seahawks want a 1st and 3rd for Earl Thomas which  is why I think they aren’t finiding much trade suitors at the moment . Although he still could be delt come draft day . 

We will see how minimal there Value is when it’s Landon Collins turn to get payed next year . 

Reid is a starting player in this league, kaepernick is a backup.  Reid can play, kaepernick cannot.  reid took a knee for the anthem but he didn't do all the other dumb things to attract negative attention that Kaepernick did which would make him a distraction as a backup player.  If Kaepernick was good teams would sign him in a heartbeat but if your distraction is greater than your performance no one will touch you.  Reid will eventually get signed b/c he can play, none of these guys are great but they can all play and will get signed.  I agree w/ your premise on the safeties, I just disagree comparing Reid to Kaepernick.

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Reid is a starting player in this league, kaepernick is a backup.  Reid can play, kaepernick cannot.  reid took a knee for the anthem but he didn't do all the other dumb things to attract negative attention that Kaepernick did which would make him a distraction as a backup player.  If Kaepernick was good teams would sign him in a heartbeat but if your distraction is greater than your performance no one will touch you.  Reid will eventually get signed b/c he can play, none of these guys are great but they can all play and will get signed.  I agree w/ your premise on the safeties, I just disagree comparing Reid to Kaepernick.

Lol u can slice how u want as far who is a worst distraction . cause I don’t think either player are a distraction nor  should they be blackballed but that’s not even argument I’m trying to dive in too . I’m just telling you why Eric Ried won’t be signed . When he should of been one of hottest names in FA ..  there’s a reason why he would come out now and say he will no longer protest during the national anthem. 

At the very least these kaepernick co signs aren’t gonna get his deal done faster 

https://instagram.com/p/BhHqkbwFuxp/

Archived