FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

49 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol u can slice how u want as far who is a worst distraction . cause I don’t think either player are a distraction nor  should they be blackballed but that’s not even argument I’m trying to dive in too . I’m just telling you why Eric Ried won’t be signed . When he should of been one of hottest names in FA ..  there’s a reason why he would come out now and say he will no longer protest during the national anthem. 

At the very least these kaepernick co signs aren’t gonna get his deal done faster 

https://instagram.com/p/BhHqkbwFuxp/

Eric reid will be signed b/c he can play.  he's not a distraction.  Kaepernick is a mediocre QB(who has mostly been bad since 2014) who wore the cops as pig socks, donated to a cop killer charity, called police slave catchers, praised Fidel Castro, had his girlfriend tweet out a photoshopped image of Ray lewis and the Ravens owner as slave and slave master.  He is not good enough to overcome nonsense like that.  if Cam Newton or Russell Wilson did that thyey;d be signed in a heartbeat b/c they are really good but when you are a backup type player and do foolish things like that then the likelihood is he won't be signed.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Eric reid will be signed b/c he can play.  he's not a distraction.  Kaepernick is a mediocre QB(who has mostly been bad since 2014) who wore the cops as pig socks, donated to a cop killer charity, called police slave catchers, praised Fidel Castro, had his girlfriend tweet out a photoshopped image of Ray lewis and the Ravens owner as slave and slave master.  He is not good enough to overcome nonsense like that.  if Cam Newton or Russell Wilson did that thyey;d be signed in a heartbeat b/c they are really good but when you are a backup type player and do foolish things like that then the likelihood is he won't be signed.

We will see man . I hope your right . Cause Reid is begging for a job right now and hasn’t gotten any offers ..a player of his caliber shouldn’t have to beg for a job . 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The story of free agency this year is that safeties have minimal value all of a sudden. Kenny Vaccarro, Eric Reid, and Tre Boston are getting zero interest, Honey Badger had to take a one year deal for pennies, and the Seahawks aren’t finding anyone who wants to pay for Earl Thomas. It’s a good and smart thing that we burned two high draft picks on a position that could have been filled on the cheap to go along with burning another first at ILB, where you can find good ones for $6 mil per.

The flaw in your logic is draft picks can't sign somewhere else even if you offer more money. 

While I agree that safety is a poor use of a top 10 pick for a team without a QB or pass rusher, the other flaw in your logic is nothing changed about the value of safeties from one year to the next. 

They have never been day 1 signings. 

There are some very good safety prospects in this draft and teams could simply be waiting to see how the draft goes before committing dollars. 

There was a year a ton of DTs came out and it depressed the DT market 

Does that mean teams value the DT position differently? 

19 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

We will see man . I hope your right . Cause Reid is begging for a job right now and hasn’t gotten any offers ..a player of his caliber shouldn’t have to beg for a job . 

I would be shocked if he isn't signed, if we had a need I'd be lobbying for us to sign him but I would never want Kaepernick on our team. That doesn't mean I don't think Colin should get a chance, let another team sign him.  That's up to them but I wouldn't want him as a Jet.

Jets sign LB Kevin Minter, WR Charles Johnson

Posted by Josh Alper on April 9, 2018, 3:45 PM EDT
gettyimages-889551642-e1523303050794.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets made a pair of free agent acquisitions on Monday.

The team announced the signings of linebacker Kevin Minter and wide receiver Charles Johnson to their 90-man roster. Minter visited with the Bills earlier in free agency while Johnson visited with the Jets last month.

Minter was a 2013 second-round pick of the Cardinals and played for Jets head coach Todd Bowles in Arizona. Minter signed with the Bengals as a free agent last year and started seven of the nine games he played in Cincinnati after two years as a starter for Arizona.

Minter joins Avery Williamson, Neville Hewitt and Kevin Pierre-Louis as new additions to the linebacker group with the Jets. He had 32 tackles for the Bengals last season before hurting his hamstring and ending the year on injured reserve.

Johnson signed with the Panthers last year, but didn’t play after having knee surgery. He had 60 catches for 834 yards and two touchdowns with the Vikings from 2014 to 2016.

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

No link it was just something said on the one of the podcast I listen too today . 

Ah okay. I seen a Jets article on Facebook that said we are the favorites to sign him. Didn’t click on the link though.

i assume it was made for the same reason. That’s good if so. Really feel like he would be a nice addition and the cherry on top to a pretty damn decent FA. Not the best FA but solid if anything.

Jets sign restricted free agents Rontez Miles, Neal Sterling

Posted by Charean Williams on April 16, 2018, 4:46 PM EDT
gettyimages-869565458-e1523911574859.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets announced safety Rontez Miles and tight end Neal Sterling signed their restricted free agent tenders.

Miles originally joined the Jets in 2013 as an undrafted free agent out of California (PA). He played 13 games last season as a core special teams player, leading the team with 26 special teams tackles and serving as Lachlan Edwards’ punt protector. 

Miles has 105 tackles, one interception and two forced fumbles in his career.

Sterling signed with the Jets days before the regular-season opener, but they released him October 5. He rejoined the team later that month.

He played in 11 games last year with one start and caught six passes for 82 yards. In 2015-16 in Jacksonville, Sterling played 19 games and made 12 receptions for 110 yards.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets sign restricted free agents Rontez Miles, Neal Sterling

Posted by Charean Williams on April 16, 2018, 4:46 PM EDT
gettyimages-869565458-e1523911574859.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets announced safety Rontez Miles and tight end Neal Sterling signed their restricted free agent tenders.

Miles originally joined the Jets in 2013 as an undrafted free agent out of California (PA). He played 13 games last season as a core special teams player, leading the team with 26 special teams tackles and serving as Lachlan Edwards’ punt protector. 

Miles has 105 tackles, one interception and two forced fumbles in his career.

Sterling signed with the Jets days before the regular-season opener, but they released him October 5. He rejoined the team later that month.

He played in 11 games last year with one start and caught six passes for 82 yards. In 2015-16 in Jacksonville, Sterling played 19 games and made 12 receptions for 110 yards.

I know you are happy about this move.

Jets' Nick Rose: Claimed by Jets

The Jets have claimed Rose off waivers from the Chargers, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Cairo Santos is also on the Jets' roster, so Rose isn't guaranteed anything in his new context, but he will presumably compete to fill the team's place-kicking role, held last year by Chandler Catanzaro. Rose spent time with both Washington and Los Angeles in 2017, en route to converting 11 of 14 field-goal attempts and 23 of 26 extra-point tries.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks are expected to cut DT Malik McDowell "in the near future."

The 35th overall pick in last year's draft, McDowell didn't play a snap as a rookie after suffering severe injuries in an offseason ATV accident. McDowell was then arrested last December for disorderly conduct in Atlanta. McDowell was a top-20 prospect on talent alone coming out of Michigan State in 2017, but fell in the draft due to off-field concerns, which now appear warranted.

Apr 16 - 5:17 PM

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks are expected to cut DT Malik McDowell "in the near future."

The 35th overall pick in last year's draft, McDowell didn't play a snap as a rookie after suffering severe injuries in an offseason ATV accident. McDowell was then arrested last December for disorderly conduct in Atlanta. McDowell was a top-20 prospect on talent alone coming out of Michigan State in 2017, but fell in the draft due to off-field concerns, which now appear warranted.

Problem is he doesn’t seem to be healthy from that ATV accident . 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Problem is he doesn’t seem to be healthy from that ATV accident . 

I'm not advocating for the guy - he's an IDIOT. but DAMN is he talented and would be a pleasure to see along Leo. He's bad news, but just fun to post it out there. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Sterling looked really good in the game or so he got real playing time.

It was a smart move by Bowles letting him play during garbage time of a lost season. Otherwise he never would have been discovered. Ohh wait, he only got him in the game because Jenkins got hurt ? lol

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know you are happy about this move.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Sterling looked really good in the game or so he got real playing time.

47 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It was a smart move by Bowles letting him play during garbage time of a lost season. Otherwise he never would have been discovered. Ohh wait, he only got him in the game because Jenkins got hurt ? lol

Neal Sterling big season upcoming 2018 NY Jets kids a playmaker. BOOK IT 

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Depending on the injuries I’d do a 1 yr small money deal 

Field Yates (@FieldYates)

4/17/18, 4:32 PM

Source: veteran DL Frostee Rucker had a free agent visit with the Jets. He played under Todd Bowles from 2013-2014 in Arizona.

Via By BOB McGINN:

People might scoff at Rucker because he’s been around so long (12 years) but he started all year over highly touted Robert Nkemdiche and still loves to play.

Free agent Frostee Rucker visited the Jets this week

By John B  

898142806.jpg.0.jpgPhoto by Norm Hall/Getty Images

Free agent defensive lineman Frostee Rucker visited the Jets earlier in the week according to Field Yates.

The 34 year old Rucker was a third round pick of the Cincinnati Bengals in 2006. He spent the first six seasons of his career in Cincinnati before a one year stint with the Browns. From there, he went to Arizona in 2013. As Yates mentioned, he did play under Todd Bowles for a couple of years before Bowles was hired as head coach of the Jets.

Rucker had 24 tackles and 1.5 sacks for the Cardinals in 2017. He was a regular on defense on the field for over 57% of Arizona’s defensive snaps. 

He will turn 35 early in the season so he certainly would not be a long-term solution. The Jets do have some question marks on their defensive line, though, so there could be some sense in bringing in a cheap veteran the coaching staff knows.

Archived