Jets mauy be able to steal Drafts Top center w/2nd/3rd Rd pick now

SouthernJet

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top-prospect-billy-price-injured-at-combine/ar-BBJL7vh?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Top prospect Billy Price injured at Combine

a person in a red shirt and a helmet© Joe Maiorana-USA TODAY SportsFormer Ohio State offensive lineman Billy Price is expected to be a first-round pick in April’s draft. Some see him as a guard while others view the two-time All-American as a center at the next level. Either way, Price is going to go early in the 2018 NFL Draft.

That’s until this unfortunate news broke Thursday during the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. Taking part in a weight lifting session, Price appeared to suffer an injury. He was said to be in some major pain, adding an ominous note to the situation itself.

#OSU O-linemen Billy Price, one of the top at his position in the draft, stopped his bench press drill after suffering an apparent injury. He was in considerable pain. Will have tests.

Another report notes that it’s said to be a shoulder injury for Price.

Ohio State C Billy Price stopped his bench press after a handful of reps, reaching for his left shoulder area. He grimaced and walked off the stage. Something to watch.

This most definitely isn’t good news for the talented offensive lineman. Though, there’s no further reports on the severity of the injury. Price will undergo further testing before a diagnosis is made. All we can do now is hope for the best.

6 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top-prospect-billy-price-injured-at-combine/ar-BBJL7vh?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Top prospect Billy Price injured at Combine

a person in a red shirt and a helmet© Joe Maiorana-USA TODAY SportsFormer Ohio State offensive lineman Billy Price is expected to be a first-round pick in April’s draft. Some see him as a guard while others view the two-time All-American as a center at the next level. Either way, Price is going to go early in the 2018 NFL Draft.

That’s until this unfortunate news broke Thursday during the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. Taking part in a weight lifting session, Price appeared to suffer an injury. He was said to be in some major pain, adding an ominous note to the situation itself.

#OSU O-linemen Billy Price, one of the top at his position in the draft, stopped his bench press drill after suffering an apparent injury. He was in considerable pain. Will have tests.

Another report notes that it’s said to be a shoulder injury for Price.

Ohio State C Billy Price stopped his bench press after a handful of reps, reaching for his left shoulder area. He grimaced and walked off the stage. Something to watch.

This most definitely isn’t good news for the talented offensive lineman. Though, there’s no further reports on the severity of the injury. Price will undergo further testing before a diagnosis is made. All we can do now is hope for the best.

Lol

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its really stupid if you think about it.  Guys pounding all these weights to show off.  Something will change soon becasue its only a matter of time till a top guys blows out a knee in the 40 or something.

These guys run and lift weights every day. They push themselves to the limits. Every year you'll see a guy pull a hamstring doing the 40..

If their bodies can't handle the combine, not sure it will be easier training for the NFL and then playing in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its really stupid if you think about it.  Guys pounding all these weights to show off.  Something will change soon becasue its only a matter of time till a top guys blows out a knee in the 40 or something.

Then what's the point of even playing ANY sport/game???  Injuries happen ALL the time.

Bench pressing like that is notoriously bad for the shoulders.  People injure their shoulders bench pressing all the time.  The incline press, with dumbbells, is safer.  

This may be the first combine injury like this I have heard of though.  

Think the Jets will get one of the FA C.  That's a position they must fill.  Right now they don't have one.

He might fall a bit though, a shoulder injury is not good for an OL.  Particularly this time of year.  If it is a shoulder could cost him his first season

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is why the combine is a complete waste of time, other than meeting and interviewing players. I wouldn’t do one drill or workout at the combine if I was any of these kids. 

I agree with this If I was expected to go 1st round, unless I had something to prove, I'd just go there, do the interviews, then perform at a pro day, and do more interviews.  

3 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

Well, I'd really love to for the Jets to select him, but recently I saw him listed as like the 5th best Center. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

And this is exactly why you go to the combine and perform.  Take the rest of your college team and their competition out of the equation and show the NFL that you are faster and stronger than the other 4 guys that are listed as better than you.

57 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

And this is exactly why you go to the combine and perform.  Take the rest of your college team and their competition out of the equation and show the NFL that you are faster and stronger than the other 4 guys that are listed as better than you.

He is a Guard/center combo. I think rated higher at Guard, but many scouts fell teams w/Center need will play hom there cause he has done great a Center and very smart at reading block assignments coming to LOS.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I've read Daniels is really agile & would fit Dennisons blocking schemes as he can really move. Would love to get him.

Yup he is good. I think Price might be better at audible block assignment task like Mangold was.

But daniels does fit the scheme for sure. But schemes change w/Promotions etc and I tend to go after the talent w/the mind if its there.

13 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

Well, I'd really love to for the Jets to select him, but recently I saw him listed as like the 5th best Center. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Whoever wrote that list was drinking the Kool Aide.

Archived