B/R's Matt Miller Reports Kirk Cousins Is Deciding Between Vikings and Jets

NYJets8

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If the Vikings offer 3 years @ 30 fully guaranteed, then yea, we're likely done. 

But this signing just screams Jets; Bowles gets his vet, Mac gets to go BPA in the draft, both get job security, the Johnsons can sell some tickets peddling that false hope they're so keen on. 

It'd be the most Jets thing ever to roll out the red carpet for Kirk Cousins with 100+ guaranteed dollars.     

I think we're gonna do it.  And oddly enough, I think I'll be happy about it.  We don't have the balls to draft L Jackson and we have enough stupidity to draft Josh Allen.  This might be the best answer that these New York Jets can realistically summon.  

This is the most well-reasoned thing I’ve read about Cousins to the Jets, that it’s simply the least-worst thing they could do. Well done, my friend. ?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Inside. I heard over the weekend that the belief is our offer, which will be strong financially, will not be able beat the Vikings out due to their talent and ability to come pretty close to our "limit" in what we're willing to spend.  It sucks.  No one blames Kirk really.  He's, realistically making the right choice. 

We're still going to try and convince him, but the fears you've read about are true.  

If nothing else, being used to force the Vikings to overpay by a few million more isn't the worst thing.  Make it hurt as much as possible.  One interesting side effect is the cost of franchising a QB is going to go WAY up next year between Cousins, Rodgers and Brees.  At the rate it's going, we may see more QBs get to FA earlier in their careers when their teams get too cash-strapped to keep them at the insane prices it will cost.  Cousins is an aberration that may also be the beginning of a trend.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

That's good for you man.

I've heard the same.

Other reporters around the league have heard the same.

Gil fng Brandt has heard the same.

Now a former player, who played with Kirk, is great friends with Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen, and has probably a million back end connections who are, likely, close to the situation are saying the same.

He's going there.  You wanna be oblivious and stick your head in the sand, so be it.  

wut?

I never said Kirk wasn't going to the Vikes.  I said I don't have any faith in a tweet where a guys says he heard a guy say he heard a guy say the Vikes offered a billion dollars.

All I've ever maintained is the Jets have a great chance at this.  I was told I was a dope for thinking we'd be ahead of the Cardinals, Jags, Broncos, Bills etc and here we are. 

Bottom line is the Jets are being reported by everyone as 1 of the 2 teams that will sign Cousins.  If it's the Vikes, who were not a strong suitor until a couple weeks ago, so be it.

Just resign McCown and draft a QB at 6 or let Rex Hogan know now that we'll be trading up for 3.

I'm fine with any of these scenarios.

So who do we think is responsible for leaking the information on Cousins deal with the Vikes?  Think it was a Vikings official or someone from Cousins camp who just informed the whole world that the Vikings are guilty of tampering with a Redskin player?  Who lines up to file charges first if he signs in Minny, the Jets, Broncos, Browns, Cards or Skins?  

Makes not one bit of sense to make this known.  

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So who do we think is responsible for leaking the information on Cousins deal with the Vikes?  Think it was a Vikings official or someone from Cousins camp who just informed the whole world that the Vikings are guilty of tampering with a Redskin player?  Who lines up to file charges first if he signs in Minny, the Jets, Broncos, Browns, Cards or Skins?  

Makes not one bit of sense to make this known.  

Agreed but the NFL seems to not be focusing too much on tampering before the legal tampering period starts as long as nobody makes it too obvious (like signing a deal 15 seconds after midnight)

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Agreed but the NFL seems to not be focusing too much on tampering before the legal tampering period starts as long as nobody makes it too obvious (like signing a deal 15 seconds after midnight)

I'd actually say that this is as bad as it's ever been as far as blatant tampering goes.  

If a single team files charges, it wouldn't shock me to see the Vikings get docked.

You know who could actually file a charge that would be really interesting?  John Dorsey.  He was docked big time for doing the same sh*t that's going down with Kirk, with Jeremy Maclin.  Seeing the Vikings wave their big purple d*ck around like this might remind him of how he was treated for doing something that happens literally every single year, but just never gets investigated unless someone complains.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I'd actually say that this is as bad as it's ever been as far as blatant tampering goes.  

If a single team files chargers, it wouldn't shock me to see the Vikings get docked.

You know who could actually file a charge that would be really interesting?  John Dorsey.  He was docked big time for doing the same sh*t that's going down with Kirk, with Jeremy Maclin.  Seeing the Vikings wave their big purple d*ck around like this might remind him of how he was treated for doing something that happens literally every single year, but just never gets investigated unless someone complains.

The problem is, you don't have to actually get the player to be charged with tampering.  The Jets could easily get caught up in this as well and we wouldn't even have the player to console ourselves with.  Wouldn't that just be awesome...

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The problem is, you don't have to actually get the player to be charged with tampering.  The Jets could easily get caught up in this as well and we wouldn't even have the player to console ourselves with.  Wouldn't that just be awesome...

There's no proof of the Jets tampering though.  There isn't a contract offer like this, just rumors of what they willing to spend, which may or may not be true.  If Kirk signs with the Vikes at near the money reported will be hard to claim they weren't talking early.  Could get interesting

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You're acting as if we have the #1 overall pick. What if the Browns take Rosen and the Giants take Darnold.  

Browns aren't taking Rosen and the Giants will take Barkley if he's available.

There's a good chance Rosen or Darnold will be available at 3 and we can trade with the Colts 

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not a guarantee, but there would be zero reason for them to investigate us since:

A.)  We didn't get the player.

B.). All leaks regarding us have said: The Jets are prepared to offer; The Jets are willing to do whatever it takes; etc.

Almost a week and half ago, right after the Vikings decided that they won't tag Keenum, Gil Brandt said that he wasn't surprised because sources told him that the Vikings have a "very secret/large UFA that they have unofficially agreed to terms with that he is not of liberty to discuss right now but will cause the moves that they have made at QB so far to make sense".

A couple days later Teddy's contract situation is cleared up and we learn the Vikings aren't going to dispute it.  

Then the combine comes, leaks come out that the Jets are pretty sure that the rumors that Cousins is Minnesota bound are true and they are "worried".

3 days later we have more reports that it's a done deal and a former player who is close to Kirk, his old team, his old FO, his agent, etc saying that "an agent" gave him specific numbers.

The NFL knows teams and players talk.  For the most part, they don't care.  Albert Breer actually wrote a great and candid piece on the off-season chatter that goes on and how it all goes down.  However, for things to have transpired the way they have so far, Minnesota would have to have been talking and negotiating with Kirk and his camp for weeks now.  This is basically what happened with Maclin.  If someone complains (and truthfully, I don't think they will), the Vikings will be f*cked.

Does anyone here even know what teams are offering ? I mean the Vikings can still offer Cousins a better contract than the Jets because they do not have to spend as much as the Jets in Free Agency to Improve the team. Everyone seems to know all the answers without any facts to back it up. So many ways this can unfold we all need to just sit back and wait in the mean time concentrate on the draft because if the Jets do somehow land Cousins we have way more options in the draft than we would if we had to move up for a guy like Rosen and don't think for a second that Cousins does not understand the Jets can get good pretty quick with the right OL moves and grabbing the right RB via the draft and fill other holes via free agency.

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Does anyone here even know what teams are offering ? I mean the Vikings can still offer Cousins a better contract than the Jets because they do not have to spend as much as the Jets in Free Agency to Improve the team. Everyone seems to know all the answers without any facts to back it up. So many ways this can unfold we all need to just sit back and wait in the mean time concentrate on the draft because if the Jets do somehow land Cousins we have way more options in the draft than we would if we had to move up for a guy like Rosen and don't think for a second that Cousins does not understand the Jets can get good pretty quick with the right OL moves and grabbing the right RB via the draft and fill other holes via free agency.

No one knows the facts -  not even the Jets or Vikings.  We're all just speculating.  But that's why we're here isn't it?  This is a fun part of the year - The Jets are, reportedly, one of two teams in a race for the biggest free agent signing in the history of the NFL.  Whether you're for it or not - whether we have facts or not....

We're all Jets fans - on a Jet message board - I say have fun and speculate all you want.

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for fat lady singing gifs

The Jets are ALL-IN here - all this means, if it's true - is they'll have to spend more.  The Jets will do whatever it takes - and they've made it quite obvious.

IMHO opinion the only way the Jets don't get him is if they are unwilling to go the 3 years - and Cousns is committed to a 3 year deal.  Minn. can go 3 years as their window will be closed by then.  The Jets window, if all goes well, won't even start to open for at least two years.

12 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Does anyone think that he'd rather go to a contender in a heavy white Anglo Saxon Christian town for less money, or take more money with the Jets, who still have a lot of pieces to add and reside in Northern NJ near Harold and Kumar? I guess that's what it will boil down to at this point.

I hate to break it to you but Scandinavians and Germans are not Anglo-Saxons. Besides that there is a substantial Somalian and Vietnamese population in Minneapolis. I grew up in Minnesota and it has changed quite a lot. Much more ethnically diverse. I was recently at Mall of America with my daughter and there were more women wearing burkas there than I've ever seen in NYC in one place. With all that said, I think this is probably the stupidest suggested reason why Cousins would select MN. I would hope he is not that provincial and bigoted, and very much doubt that he is.

I just hope Cousins decides on Minnesota. I think the Jets will NEVER win a SB with him. This is like signing Neil O'Donnell. The guy that costs you tons of money but does not have a high enough ceiling. Neil O'Donnell, like Parcells once said, was the kind of guy that would only get you to 8-8 or 9-7 every year. A guy that clearly was not good enough to achieve the objective. The objective is winning the SB and nothing else.

Kirk Cousins, in this case, is the kind of guy that never gets you a better record than say 10-6? That's his individual ceiling. And quite honestly that's probably never good enough to even get you a home playoff game.

Everyone wants the Jets to get better, but this is not the way to do it. Mac needs to build this team the right way. That means select a QB through the draft and coach him into a FQB. Mac's had two shots at that now and he's failed every time. Bowles does not know how to keep up his end of the bargain either. Now I think that's probably the reason why they are going after Cousins so much? They already know they suck at it. they know they can't do it. But most of all, more so than wanting to build this team the right way, Mac and Bowles want to save their paychecks. They don't care about the NYJ. They care about the prestige, money, and power that goes along with being GM and HC of the NYJ. They are going to milk this thing for all it's worth.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What people are missing here is that Cousins is looking for a three year deal so he can cash in one more time. He’s not going to boost his value over those three years by playing for Todd in the outdoors in the northeast with no receivers and a patchwork line while getting his head kicked in by the Pats and Bills. He’s going to Minnesota to play for titles in a dome throwing to a receiving corps that made Case Keenum look like Bart Starr. The Vikings have a sh*t-ton of money as well and John Defillippo.

But if the point is to "cash in" then why would cousins pick the Vikings when the money is obviously with the Jets. Is Cousins going to risk throwing away this opportunity to cash in in order to cash in 3 yesrs from now? Think about it, given the salary cap most od those current vikings wont even be vikings because they will be cashing in themselves and the vikes cant pay everyone. 

The Jets meanwhile are building and Cousins could be very influential in that process. Signing Cousins on the 1st day of free agency could make FA wrs consider playing here. If the Jets are offering a huge amount in guaranteed money and Cousins mentality is to cash in then his best bet is with the Jets. The Jets could offer more in guaranteed money than the Vikings have this year in total cap space. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

But if the point is to "cash in" then why would cousins pick the Vikings when the money is obviously with the Jets. Is Cousins going to risk throwing away this opportunity to cash in in order to cash in 3 yesrs from now? Think about it, given the salary cap most od those current vikings wont even be vikings because they will be cashing in themselves and the vikes cant pay everyone. 

The Jets meanwhile are building and Cousins could be very influential in that process. Signing Cousins on the 1st day of free agency could make FA wrs consider playing here. If the Jets are offering a huge amount in guaranteed money and Cousins mentality is to cash in then his best bet is with the Jets. The Jets could offer more in guaranteed money than the Vikings have this year in total cap space. 

1. You’re going to give Kirk $50 million in year one of a six year deal that pays him, what, $180 million over six years? For Kirk Cousins?

2. And Kirk is taking this bait because you’re promising him you’ll try to sign Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson? And the guy promising to build this amazing fuftureteam around him is Mike Maccagnan? But it’s only the Vikings that are going to run out of money because of this contract?

I mean, what the pitch? “Kirk, the Vikings are going to have to pay a lot of talented players soon, but we’re so talent poor you can basically have all our money for six years because there’s literally no one worth paying.”

-or-

3. He takes the 3/$90 from the Vikings on a team that’s ready to compete immediately, where he can even the difference maker in them competing for a ring next year and the year after? 

14 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Does anyone think that he'd rather go to a contender in a heavy white Anglo Saxon Christian town for less money, or take more money with the Jets, who still have a lot of pieces to add and reside in Northern NJ near Harold and Kumar? I guess that's what it will boil down to at this point.

Nice. At least w/Harold and Kumar he would have killer weed.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. You’re going to give Kirk $50 million in year one of a six year deal that pays him, what, $180 million over six years? For Kirk Cousins?

2. And Kirk is taking this bait because you’re promising him you’ll try to sign Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson? And the guy promising to build this amazing fuftureteam around him is Mike Maccagnan? But it’s only the Vikings that are going to run out of money because of this contract?

I mean, what the pitch? “Kirk, the Vikings are going to have to pay a lot of talented players soon, but we’re so talent poor you can basically have all our money for six years because there’s literally no one worth paying.”

-or-

3. He takes the 3/$90 from the Vikings on a team that’s ready to compete immediately, where he can even the difference maker in them competing for a ring next year and the year after? 

1. How much of that 90 million is guaranteed? I mean, thats the same question we always ask when having these types of dicussions correct? 

2. Say for some strange reason Cousins doesnt work well with the Vikings and they have to cut him, wouldnt guaranteed money be more important now that he's cut? 

3. Who said the contract had to be for 6 years? I would pay him $150 over 5 years, frontloaded. 

4. And Kirk could take this because this is a business...a business that on any play could end your career. 

5. Well, everyone competes, but it's not every year that Aaron Rodgers gets hurt. Competing against Rodgers, Trubisky and Stafford is not the same as competing against Brady who will most likely be out of the league in a year and whomever the Bills and Dolphins decide to have at QB. The AFC East will be wide open during Cousins contract. In the NFL North he'll be dealing with Rodgers, Stafford and Trubisky the entire duration of that 3 year contract. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

1. How much of that 90 million is guaranteed? I mean, thats the same question we always ask when having these types of dicussions correct? 

2. Say for some strange reason Cousins doesnt work well with the Vikings and they have to cut him, wouldnt guaranteed money be more important now that he's cut? 

3. Who said the contract had to be for 6 years? I would pay him $150 over 5 years, frontloaded. 

4. And Kirk could take this because this is a business...a business that on any play could end your career. 

5. Well, everyone competes, but it's not every year that Aaron Rodgers gets hurt. Competing against Rodgers, Trubisky and Stafford is not the same as competing against Brady who will most likely be out of the league in a year and whomever the Bills and Dolphins decide to have at QB. The AFC East will be wide open during Cousins contract. In the NFL North he'll be dealing with Rodgers, Stafford and Trubisky the entire duration of that 3 year contract. 

1. The Vikings are offering $90-$91mil guaranteed over three. He’s cashing checks for $90 mil while competing for titles, and god forbid he gets that title, then he becomes a free agent again and now there’s a ring on his resume. He wins the lottery on the front and the back end.

2. In this hypothetical you guarantee Cousins $150 mil...but what happens if the Jets have to cut him, or he’s miserable, or the Jets end up with another top-6 pick next year and they’re in position to draft the next great QB? They’re so locked into Cousins they wouldn’t be able to sit him and they wouldn’t be able to trade him. Kirk signs for 5/$150, that’s it, he’s your quarterback for every snap until 2023. Kirk Cousins.

3. Brady isn’t retiring next year. The Lions and Bears are average-to-bad teams, and the Packers are on the cusp of a full-on rebuild which, coincidentally, they’ll have to do while paying Rodgers more than the Vikings will be paying Cousins. If Cousins is worth $150mm, what is Rodgers worth? 

The more and more I think about it and read the varying opinions about Cousins, I'm leaning towards not wanting him here,  I think the Jets are too far away for his impact to be felt.  He doesn't elevate the players around him like the elite QB's do and needs a good supporting cast, something the Jets don't have right now.  I don't see the point in signing him and watching him win 7 games a year for the next few years.  I'd rather watch a young QB develop during that time until the Jets can actually build a competitive team on both sides of the ball. 

To be fair, I may change my mind tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. The Vikings are offering $90-$91mil guaranteed over three. He’s cashing checks for $90 mil while competing for titles, and god forbid he gets that title, then he becomes a free agent again and now there’s a ring on his resume. He wins the lottery on the front and the back end.

2. In this hypothetical you guarantee Cousins $150 mil...but what happens if the Jets have to cut him, or he’s miserable, or the Jets end up with another top-6 pick next year and they’re in position to draft the next great QB? They’re so locked into Cousins they wouldn’t be able to sit him and they wouldn’t be able to trade him. Kirk signs for 5/$150, that’s it, he’s your quarterback for every snap until 2023. Kirk Cousins.

3. Brady isn’t retiring next year. The Lions and Bears are average-to-bad teams, and the Packers are on the cusp of a full-on rebuild which, coincidentally, they’ll have to do while paying Rodgers more than the Vikings will be paying Cousins. If Cousins is worth $150mm, what is Rodgers worth? 

Wait, let me get this straight. 

1. The vikings are going to FULLY guarantee a contract? The Vikings are going to risk being the most hated organization in the NFL because they decided to fully guaranteed a contract for Kirk Cousins? Good luck with that. 

2. The Jets arent guaranteeing $150 million. They can guarantee 70 Million and work the salary where Cousins is paid $50 million in his first season and average paying him $25 million per season for the duration of his contract if he says for the entire contract, or the Jets would be able to cut him after year 2 if need be. The Jets are not guaranteeing Cousins his contract, neither are the Vikings. 

3. You dont know for sure that Brady is staying after this season. The situation favors my position as Brady will be 41 at the beginning of the season and it's looking like Belicheat's last year is also this season. Sure, the Lions/Bears are average to bad teams, but one thing that the entire NFL North has in common is the fact that they have their QB in place. Any of those teams has a far better chance of becoming good with a couple more pieces GIVEN that they have quarterbacks. Meanwhile, in the AFC East Tom Brady is playing in his 40's and no one can absolutely determine who the QB's for the Dolphins/Bills will be. 

So in otherwords, you can tell Cousins "Take a 3 year, 90 million dollar contract that wont be guaranteed to play in a division with arguably the best QB in the league in Rodgers as well as a top 15 QB in Stafford and a rising QB in Trubisky....or play in a division where Belicheat and Brady will be long gone before your contract is up, Jimmy G has been traded to the opposite coast, Mike Tannenbaum is still making stupid trades (Robert Quinn) and both the Bills/Dolphins dont have QB's. We, the Jets, can sign you to a 5 year contract and once Brady/Belicheat retires after this season (Strong possibility) you have the chance of winning the division 4 straight seasons and competing for a SB for most of your contract, while having the most guaranteed money offered which will secure your future. Or you can sign a 3 year deal and possibly get bounced by Rodgers for all 3 of those years, because we both know that Rodgers is about to get another contract and is just 34 years old and will still be in his prime during your 3 year contract.". 

The Jets can REALISTICALLY offer the most guaranteed money, as well as put him in a position in terms of division rivals to realistically make the playoffs every season and actually compete for that SB. The Vikings cant guarantee competing for a title when Rodgers and the Packers have made the playoffs for 8 consecutive seasons and that was only broken because of an injury. 

Now Tom, I cant pretend like if the Vikes adding Cousins wont give the Vikes a better chance against Rodgers, all im saying is that lets not pretend that the Vikings are going to just be competing for titles just because of this signing as if this isnt Aaron Rodgers division. Add to the fact that guys like Stafford could steal wins as well. He's certainly a franchise QB as well. 

He can get more guaranteed money, a bigger stage AND run a division for a half decade simply by signing in the AFC East. I doubt Kirk wants the same situation that he seen in the NFC East having to battle Wentz, Manning and Prescott. Every year that division is like a shuffle of the deck. In the AFC East the Jets will be the far favorite every year. That is how you compete for a title. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wait, let me get this straight. 

1. The vikings are going to FULLY guarantee a contract? The Vikings are going to risk being the most hated organization in the NFL because they decided to fully guaranteed a contract for Kirk Cousins? Good luck with that. 

2. The Jets arent guaranteeing $150 million. They can guarantee 70 Million and work the salary where Cousins is paid $50 million in his first season and average paying him $25 million per season for the duration of his contract if he says for the entire contract, or the Jets would be able to cut him after year 2 if need be. The Jets are not guaranteeing Cousins his contract, neither are the Vikings. 

3. You dont know for sure that Brady is staying after this season. The situation favors my position as Brady will be 41 at the beginning of the season and it's looking like Belicheat's last year is also this season. Sure, the Lions/Bears are average to bad teams, but one thing that the entire NFL North has in common is the fact that they have their QB in place. Any of those teams has a far better chance of becoming good with a couple more pieces GIVEN that they have quarterbacks. Meanwhile, in the AFC East Tom Brady is playing in his 40's and no one can absolutely determine who the QB's for the Dolphins/Bills will be. 

So in otherwords, you can tell Cousins "Take a 3 year, 90 million dollar contract that wont be guaranteed to play in a division with arguably the best QB in the league in Rodgers as well as a top 15 QB in Stafford and a rising QB in Trubisky....or play in a division where Belicheat and Brady will be long gone before your contract is up, Jimmy G has been traded to the opposite coast, Mike Tannenbaum is still making stupid trades (Robert Quinn) and both the Bills/Dolphins dont have QB's. We, the Jets, can sign you to a 5 year contract and once Brady/Belicheat retires after this season (Strong possibility) you have the chance of winning the division 4 straight seasons and competing for a SB for most of your contract, while having the most guaranteed money offered which will secure your future. Or you can sign a 3 year deal and possibly get bounced by Rodgers for all 3 of those years, because we both know that Rodgers is about to get another contract and is just 34 years old and will still be in his prime during your 3 year contract.". 

The Jets can REALISTICALLY offer the most guaranteed money, as well as put him in a position in terms of division rivals to realistically make the playoffs every season and actually compete for that SB. The Vikings cant guarantee competing for a title when Rodgers and the Packers have made the playoffs for 8 consecutive seasons and that was only broken because of an injury. 

Now Tom, I cant pretend like if the Vikes adding Cousins wont give the Vikes a better chance against Rodgers, all im saying is that lets not pretend that the Vikings are going to just be competing for titles just because of this signing as if this isnt Aaron Rodgers division. Add to the fact that guys like Stafford could steal wins as well. He's certainly a franchise QB as well. 

He can get more guaranteed money, a bigger stage AND run a division for a half decade simply by signing in the AFC East. I doubt Kirk wants the same situation that he seen in the NFC East having to battle Wentz, Manning and Prescott. Every year that division is like a shuffle of the deck. In the AFC East the Jets will be the far favorite every year. That is how you compete for a title. 

The prevailing rumor is that Cousins is getting 3/$90 guaranteed. I’m not sure how you’re going to sell Cousins on the idea that Brady “might” retire when Brady himself has said he has no plans to retire. As far as “running”the AFC East, the Jets are by far the worst team in the division, with or without Cousins. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

The prevailing rumor is that Cousins is getting 3/$90 guaranteed. 

You obviously didnt read the entire response. 

Also, the operative word is "rumor", and The Jets could still guarantee more than 90 million if the Vikings can guarantee that. 

2ndly, if the Vikings guarantee 90 million then all of the talent that they have they wont be keeping which will defeat the purpose. 

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What people are missing here is that Cousins is looking for a three year deal so he can cash in one more time. He’s not going to boost his value over those three years by playing for Todd in the outdoors in the northeast with no receivers and a patchwork line while getting his head kicked in by the Pats and Bills. He’s going to Minnesota to play for titles in a dome throwing to a receiving corps that made Case Keenum look like Bart Starr. The Vikings have a sh*t-ton of money as well and John Defillippo.

You would think no amount of money the Jets could throw at him would make him want to 1) NOT play in a dome 8 games a year 2) NOT have the WR's and running game already in place 3) A defense that can get itself off the field and give you ample opportunities to score.

The big issue I have with signing Cousins is this:  IF it was anyone on this board, and you could take a few less million, which if you sign a shorter contract you can make up for on the next one, and you could play with a team with a chance to win, OR you could take more money now and go with a team that probably, in all likelihood, will not challenge for the playoffs for the next 1-2 years, would you not want to win?  And if you don't want to win, and want to just chase the money, are you REALLY worth signing in the first place?  I mean, didn't we learn this lesson with Mo?

Archived