How Wilkerson Trained

Maxman

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

wilkerson rocky.png

Never liked him. Slow to develop, slow on the line and had perhaps 2 good years and Jets fans act like he was a great lineman.

He got his degree from Revis University.  As far as Im concerned 96 and 24 jerseys aren't worth the cotton used to make them.

Signing Snacks and letting Mo go was the biggest no brainer in front office history and Bowles and Mac messed it up. Snacks should have been extended before he even go to FA. I swear, there are a lot of procedural and legal things I would have to learn but I could handle the team better than Mac. With experience comes BIAS and his are really bad.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Never liked him. Slow to develop, slow on the line and had perhaps 2 good years and Jets fans act like he was a great lineman.

He got his degree from Revis University.  As far as Im concerned 96 and 24 jerseys aren't worth the cotton used to make them.

Solid. Me too!

On 3/7/2018 at 5:26 PM, johnnysd said:

Signing Snacks and letting Mo go was the biggest no brainer in front office history and Bowles and Mac messed it up. Snacks should have been extended before he even go to FA. I swear, there are a lot of procedural and legal things I would have to learn but I could handle the team better than Mac. With experience comes BIAS and his are really bad.

Agreed. It absolutely sickens me. Damon Harrison was no 1st round pick, he was an undrafted free agent that worked his butt off to get where he is at and establish himself as one of the best NT's in the NFL. He was one of those good finds by Rex & Tanny (I give credit where credit is do.) Both my dad and I wanted him to stay with the Jets but we could not afford him because of the contracts given out... His motor never stops on the play and he does not give up. I am sad we were not able to keep him and when I was a lurker on here a lot of people were lobbying for Mo to be resigned. He absolutely Albert Haynesworth'ed us. Glad this toxic piece of crap is off our team. His comments about how not winning wore him out... A real leader would never say that, they would want to help turn it around!

Always thought of him as a fat f*ck slacker. Took way too many plays off. It was so evident from day one. When he showed up, he was unstoppable in one on one. He never even tried to rush the QB when double teamed. He’d drop back to LoS and pretend like that was his assignment. Every time. 

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

ReviJetsnist history going on here. 

Mo burned the Jets. Period. The 'I always knew' crowd is full of it. 

Exactly! Everyone thought that Mo was the better signing at the time. Snacks was a two down player and it wasn’t “worth it to pay all that money to a 2 down player.” That was the repetitive narrative that this forum kept pushing...3 years later everyone swears they wanted Snacks more. LOL. Comical to say the least. Condemn Mac if you want but 95% of the board wanted this at the time..including myself. We got proved wrong. Oh well.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly! Everyone thought that Mo was the better signing at the time. Snacks was a two down player and it wasn’t “worth it to pay all that money to a 2 down player.” That was the repetitive narrative that this forum kept pushing...3 years later everyone swears they wanted Snacks more. LOL. Comical to say the least. 

I was always in the Snacks camp. A particular recently banned poster, would take over every thread with Mo BS. The thing is no none edge rusher is worth $18 per, none ever. That includes Leo.

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I was always in the Snacks camp. A particular recently banned poster, would take over every thread with Mo BS. The thing is no none edge rusher is worth $18 per, none ever. That includes Leo.

I agree. That position is just a good complementary piece to have in this passing era. You need run stoppers but the real threat that your defense needs to stop is passing. That’s why OLB is so important. And that’s why the emphasis on LT has become so wide spread. Get your QB, protect your QB and on D .. rush the QB.

Wilkerson signing in hindsight is awful but my point being at the time most of us wanted him over Snacks due to the fact Snacks was a two down player and NT was relatively easy to find production out of so this really isn’t something I’m blasting Maccagnan over. There is plenty of other things to blast him for. This I’m not. He got out of the contract anyway.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree. That position is just a good complementary piece to have in this passing era. You need run stoppers but the real threat that your defense needs to stop is passing. That’s why OLB is so important. And that’s why the emphasis on LT has become so wide spread. Get your QB, protect your QB and on D .. rush the QB.

Wilkerson signing in hindsight is awful but my point being at the time most of us wanted him over Snacks due to the fact Snacks was a two down player and NT was relatively easy to find production out of. 

Our run D was Elite with Snacks. I get your point, but I was not one of them. I posted tackle stats from the other year showing Harrison with almost double the number of tackles Mo had playing for the NYG.

To be honest a 3-4 end is just another run stuffer.

Wilkerson completely falling apart as the waaaaaaaaaaay more valuable player and skillset between the two doesn't elevate Harrison into some huge regret anywhere but with this bum franchise. Paying a premium for run defense still isn't a thing for anyone looking to win these days unless everything else about your team is set but the run defense. That is literally the one and only time to even consider the move, and even then you're probably better off improving the passing offense or defense instead. 

21 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Our run D was Elite with Snacks. I get your point, but I was not one of them. I posted tackle stats from the other year showing Harrison with almost double the number of tackles Mo had playing for the NYG.

To be honest a 3-4 end is just another run stuffer.

I believe you. I really just mean to say most were on board with it. But agreed .. that’s all 3-4 ends are. I’m tired of never getting to the QB on a consistent basis. It hasn’t happened since 09 or 2010 and we really didn’t even have good OLB’s back then either. We had exotic blitz schemes that sent the house at the QB. We can’t do that anymore. We don’t have the corners to hold up on the back end. Hell, when you have a Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie in their primes, you can send everything but the kitchen sink. Losing great CB play just exposed the real issue to me ... we haven’t had a difference maker who rushes the QB in YEARSSSS. You shouldn’t have to maintain great CB play to get to the QB. It shouldn’t be bad...but it also should not have to be the best since sliced bread in order to generate sacks.

Thats why I am against Bradly Chubb...he just seems more like a player who will play inside most of his career and I don’t see him having much of an impact as far as rushing the QB goes. His ceiling is Terrell Suggs(who surely can rush the QB) but Suggs is a technically sound player who can do those type of things easier than most for his size and speed. I wouldn’t rely on someone else based one another’s easy transition to the pros level. We need players who can play on the outside, has the length, and can bend the corner in a hurry. These 3-4 run stoppers are a headache.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thats why I am against Bradly Chubb...His ceiling is Terrell Suggs

A sentence that does a solid job capturing the madness of this early third of the offseason on so many levels. If I read this right - Terrell Suggs: Career 3-4 DE? 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

A sentence that does a solid job capturing the madness of this early third of the offseason on so many levels. If I read this right - Terrell Suggs: Career 3-4 DE? 

The Ravens use him differently depending on the scenario but he is often used at DE as well as LB due to his ability to flatten pass protection. I didn’t say his career was strictly set to being a 3-4 DE, I applied that to Chubbs as far as speed and such goes. It’s just more of Chubbs mold as a defender in my personal opinion.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Ravens use him differently depending on the scenario but he is often used at DE as well as LB due to his ability to flatten pass protection. I didn’t say his career was strictly set to being a 3-4 DE, I applied that to Chubbs as far as speed and such goes. It’s just more of Chubbs mold as a defender in my personal opinion.

Suggs has never played 3-4 DE. He's the guy who got tagged as a LB to short change him, it was considered too obvious for even this league to get away with for long, and so they created a DE/LB franchise designation for him and other 3-4 OLBs that sometimes lined up as an end in nickel or dime packages. 

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Suggs has never played 3-4 DE. He's the guy who got tagged as a LB to short change him, it was considered too obvious for even this league to get away with for long, and so they created a DE/LB franchise designation for him and other 3-4 OLBs that sometimes lined up as an end in nickel or dime packages. 

Interesting...I always thought he played some DE as well. The Ravens run a hybrid defense that works solely off of situation and so they employ a lot of out of position looks with players who can play in multiple spots. I’m surprised to hear this but I don’t discredit it from being the truth as this is why “Money-backer” and “offensive weapon” are actual tags now.

10 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Agree. I would consider using Leo as trade material this draft. He is a solid player, but that's it and someone might give as high as first round value for him.

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly! Everyone thought that Mo was the better signing at the time. Snacks was a two down player and it wasn’t “worth it to pay all that money to a 2 down player.” That was the repetitive narrative that this forum kept pushing...3 years later everyone swears they wanted Snacks more. LOL. Comical to say the least. Condemn Mac if you want but 95% of the board wanted this at the time..including myself. We got proved wrong. Oh well.

coming off darn good back to back seasons gave everyone a high degree of optimism for wilky going into the future. they should've franchised his fat azz but other than that there wasn't much else they could've done.  and most fans wanted him on the team even at the expense of snacks.

Archived