Sarge4Tide

Rate the Top 6 QB Prospects   

70 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Allen

• ELITE Prospect - Among the Top 5% NFL QB Prospects of the Last 25 Years
    • VERY GOOD Prospect - Chance to be a Pro Bowl Level Starting QB for Years
    • GOOD Prospect - Definite NFL Starter with Potential for More
    • ABOVE AVERAGE Prospect - Chance to be an NFL Starter, But Some Red Flags
    • AVERGE Prospect - Should Make an NFL Roster with an Outside Chance to Start
    • BELOW AVERAGE Prospect - Seems Unlikely to Ever be a Starting QB in the NFL
    • BAD Prospect - Will have trouble even making an NFL Roster
  2. 2. Sam Darnold

3. 3. Lamar Jackson

4. 4. Baker Mayfield

5. 5. Josh Rosen

6. 6. Mason Rudolph

telling that no one voted baker as an elite prospect....

i voted Allen to be the only elite prospect, to me he is the only one that has a shot to be special (think brett favre) i think Darnold and Rosen can both be good, like Eli level. high bust potential...but as a prospect...elite

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Need to wait for Allen's pro day but bye these definitions they are good prospects 

Don't really think Allen's pro day will change anything. I think the dye is cast and most GM's have them ranked already unless some idiot gets arrested 2 days before the draft which at least one does each year.

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Don't really think Allen's pro day will change anything. I think the dye is cast and most GM's have them ranked already unless some idiot gets arrested 2 days before the draft which at least one does each year.

I meant for us. It might settle the accuracy debate one way or the other 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I meant for us. It might settle the accuracy debate one way or the other 

These controlled workouts are nice but show me game tapes where some f%^*ing 300 pound animal is bearing down on you and you either have to side step him or scramble past him while delivering a pin point pass.  That's telling for me.

6 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I have a feeling that Josh Allen will develop into a very very good QB, better than expected and against the curve of QB's with low accuracy in college. You heard it here first.

You mean second. I REALLY like Allen's intangibles and upside. Been saying it for months. He'd be my 1st pick. We'll all know in 6 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

These controlled workouts are nice but show me game tapes where some f%^*ing 300 pound animal is bearing down on you and you either have to side step him or scramble past him while delivering a pin point pass.  That's telling for me.

How many tapes have you analyzed? 

12 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

You mean second. I REALLY like Allen's intangibles and upside. Been saying it for months. He'd be my 1st pick. We'll all know in 6 weeks.

Okay, second. LOL. His ceiling is a lot higher than many here are giving credit for. I'd go with Rosen because he's more polished and he's field smart. Darnold frankly worries me. All kinds of talent but also a gunslinger. Those types of QB's can bust.

I continue to be flabbergasted by the fact that the talking heads say Allen could be the first or second QB taken. In my view, he is a distant 4th at best in the QB rankings. Darnold and Rosen are the top 2, Mayfield is the clear 3d and the the rest are far, far behind.

I'm just going to put this here. I am disappointed.

I am one of the few Jet fans who was hoping the Jets stayed at 6, drafted Lamar Jackson, and used the two 2nd rounders to add more talent. Of the top QBs, Lamar did the most with less, and was a very productive QB in college with a roster that lacked any talent. Similar to the Jets current offensive roster. 

Now that we have moved up to 3, my preferred QB is Josh Allen. I like his upside, arm talent, mobility.

So I am rooting for the two most unpopular QBs on this board to become a Jet. 

Until draft day. That's when whoever they pick will be my new favorite QB.

Me?

1. Rosen

2a. Mayfield
2b. Darnold
2c. Allen

Always go with the guy who already demonstrates pocket passer ability with a live arm, has played under center, sees the field and by all reports is intelligent (outspoken and quirky? Most QBs are quirky).

I’d be excited with any of them for different reasons...but if I had my choice it’d be Rosen

Can we do a long term quarterback pool ? Which 2018 Draft qb to win a Super Bowl (if any) first ?

Darnold

Rosen

Mayfield

Jackson

Allen

White

A sweet passer but concerned about Rosen's lack of escapability, ie. that he may get injured too often.

Jackson, easily the most electrifying to watch on film. Would be an absolute pleasure to watch in green but again I wonder about durability.

Allen missed some time with shoulder injuries, I wonder how much those hits has affected his play facing a pass rush.

A wild guess, I expect Darnold and Mayfield will still be knocking around an NFL roster ten years from now, 50/50 at best for the others... the rest of what actually transpires, who the hell knows...

3 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

I'm just going to put this here. I am disappointed.

I am one of the few Jet fans who was hoping the Jets stayed at 6, drafted Lamar Jackson, and used the two 2nd rounders to add more talent. Of the top QBs, Lamar did the most with less, and was a very productive QB in college with a roster that lacked any talent. Similar to the Jets current offensive roster. 

Now that we have moved up to 3, my preferred QB is Josh Allen. I like his upside, arm talent, mobility.

So I am rooting for the two most unpopular QBs on this board to become a Jet. 

Until draft day. That's when whoever they pick will be my new favorite QB.

yes to Jackson

no to Allen

The JetNation consensus seems to be

1. Rosen
  2. Darnold
  3. Mayfield
  4. Allen
  5. Jackson
  6. Rudolph 

I think Allen is probably mocked to be picked higher than Mayfield by most media talking heads, but that's okay, JN seems to like Mayfield better

Archived