JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Just now, Lith said:

I don't think they have a decent guard outside of Zack Martin -- took a quick look at their roster and a couple of other sites who have mocked G to Cowboys in this spot.  So we went with the G.

moral of the story: 

Don't let us pick for your team!  Be on time with your picks!

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I don't think they have a decent guard outside of Zack Martin -- took a quick look at their roster and a couple of other sites who have mocked G to Cowboys in this spot.  So we went with the G.

Its a great pick for that team 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Its a great pick for that team 

Yup.  They are built around the Oline, I don't think it is an unrealistic pick for them.  There were other options, but it does seem like a Cowboy type pick to me.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  They are built around the Oline, I don't think it is an unrealistic pick for them.  There were other options, but it does seem like a Cowboy type pick to me.

He was on my short list for DET at the next pick.  I think I would still have gone with the pass rusher, but from a talent perspective, that's a good fit for DAL.  They saw how critical the running game is to their entire offense.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ll take Dallas?

Sorry.  Since his pick passed and we had not heard from you, we went ahead and made the pick for Dallas.  Best if you stick with KC at this point. 

We were just trying to give you a chance to get in the game a little sooner.

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

3 guards/ centers in the 1st round already, holy sh*t. 

And I picked two of them for guys who missed their picks.  Don't miss a pick or you are getting a guard.

Although I do think they both made sense for the teams I gave them to.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Dallas pick was really good actually. 

I also thought the G made sense for Seattle.  Their starting guards are Joeckel who is bad and Fluker who is worse.  Wynn upgrades their worst position.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I also thought the G made sense for Seattle.  Their starting guards are Joeckel who is bad and Fluker who is worse.  Wynn upgrades their worst position.

The Bills guards are INCOGNITO and DUCASSE. Incognito is old as **** and Ducasse ******* sucks. In a run first offense that’s awful so I understand. 

• Haha 1

So far today, we have had to make two picks after the clock expired and we have had several other picks over the last two days that have run over 2 hours.  The pace has been brutal -- 24 picks as we approach the end of day 2.  We should be finishing up the the first round tonight.  If you signed up for the draft, please try to check in frequently -- we get that stuff comes up between work, family, etc, which is why we have a 3 hour window, but it does not mean that every pick has to run the full 3 hours.   And if you are going to be away for a while and your pick is coming up, send us a list in order of who you want to take.  We don't like having to make picks for people (there are only so many guards to go around).  A better pace makes the draft more fun for everyone.

Lets try to get things moving please.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

So far today, we have had to make two picks after the clock expired and we have had several other picks over the last two days that have run over 2 hours.  The pace has been brutal -- 24 picks as we approach the end of day 2.  We should be finishing up the the first round tonight.  If you signed up for the draft, please try to check in frequently -- we get that stuff comes up between work, family, etc, which is why we have a 3 hour window, but it does not mean that every pick has to run the full 3 hours.   And if you are going to be away for a while and your pick is coming up, send us a list in order of who you want to take.  We don't like having to make picks for people (there are only so many guards to go around).  A better pace makes the draft more fun for everyone.

No trades and it would definitely move along faster. 

• Upvote 1

This draft feels like when you’re  standing in a long line and every person in front of you waits until they get to the front to ask what’s on the menu. 

I’m not bragging but from when I was on the clock to when I made my selection: 12 minutes

Made. From my phone. At a park. While walking my dog. Why so fast?

CAUSE I KNEW WHO I WANTED BEFORE IT WAS MY TURN, AND WHEN GUY #1 and #2 WERE TAKEN, I MADE MY PICK

(it would’ve been faster but the two picks ahead of me happened appropriately fast)

• Upvote 2

Just now, New York Mick said:

No trades and it would definitely move along faster. 

It would be faster, but the trades make it more interesting.  In the past we have done it with trades, and it normally takes about two days for each round.  If we were hitting that pace, I would not be trying to push it along.  I think it is the two missed picks that slowed us down more than the trades.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

This draft feels like when you’re  standing in a long line and every person in front of you waits until they get to the front to ask what’s on the menu. 

I’m not bragging but from when I was on the clock to when I made my selection: 12 minutes

Made. From my phone. At a park. While walking my dog. Why so fast?

CAUSE I KNEW WHO I WANTED BEFORE IT WAS MY TURN, AND WHEN GUY #1 and #2 WERE TAKEN, I MADE MY PICK

(it would’ve been faster but the two picks ahead of me happened appropriately fast)

I completely agree. When the clock is upon you should already know who you're picking. You have plenty of time to plan/make a list of people you want to pick.

It's not that hard.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

39 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hell. Sorry I missed that. I left work thinking it would take a bit and then some stuff happened unexpectedly with the baby. Everything is fine. Thanks for taking Wynn that’s who I would have chosen at 24. Although it looks like I missed out on trade possibilities. My fault. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

We used to try and get 16 trust worthy dudes and get two teams too. That helped but none the less it's never gonna be perfect. 

The two mods have been great

The guys are doing great running it. It’s the dipsh*t posters that post while they’re on the clock and don’t pick for three hours. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

13 minutes ago, Stark said:

Hell. Sorry I missed that. I left work thinking it would take a bit and then some stuff happened unexpectedly with the baby. Everything is fine. Thanks for taking Wynn that’s who I would have chosen at 24. Although it looks like I missed out on trade possibilities. My fault. 

No problem.  Was not necessarily directed at you -- you just happened to be the last guy to miss a pick when I posted that.  You have always been engaged in these things when we have done them in the past.  Like I said, we know stuff comes up -- especially with family.  Glad everything is ok.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yo, I think Ridley is being massively underrated and is going to be an automatic stud in the NFL. Maybe not a true #1, elite all pro diva top 5 type, but rock solid on a winning team and a couple pro bowls type. Love that pic to titans. 

He had such weirdly awful Combine numbers.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

It would be faster, but the trades make it more interesting.  In the past we have done it with trades, and it normally takes about two days for each round.  If we were hitting that pace, I would not be trying to push it along.  I think it is the two missed picks that slowed us down more than the trades.

and the passion for trades fades as we get past rounds 3 & 4.  Very few at the back end.

• Upvote 1