Rosen Fans

Skeptable

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The bottom line with Rosen is that I can't take a guy who consistently gets banged up and has to miss games

This is it..

I get why people love him - Nothing against his personality or skill-set...

Multiple shoulder surgies, multiple concussions and hasn't finished a season in 2 years.  That should frigthen everyone.  

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is it..

I get why people love him - Nothing against his personality or skill-set...

Multiple shoulder surgies, multiple concussions and hasn't finished a season in 2 years.  That should frigthen everyone.  

And Mayfield has had multiple concussions too but somehow his don’t count

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I really like Mayfield’s left tackle Orlando Brown but I doubt he lasts all the way to the third round

As far as durability goes anyone can last a long time if you build up the OL

Which Mac and Bowles will never do. Why a delicate pure pocket guy like Rosen is not a great fit. If Mac/Bowles aren’t around much longer, then maybe a new regime would not put the Oline always last on their list. 

On 4/23/2018 at 10:48 AM, Bruce Harper said:

Hack was the top rated HS QB when he came out too.

Hack also took huge hits at Penn State.

Rosen had better talent around him but he has this tendency to milk every play, stand tall and take a massive hit in the pocket. It's admirable but it's not a long-term strategy for survival.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:27 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Which Mac and Bowles will never do. Why a delicate pure pocket guy like Rosen is not a great fit. If Mac/Bowles aren’t around much longer, then maybe a new regime would not put the Oline always last on their list. 

Mayfield had the nation’s best OL at Oklahoma.  Every qb not named Brady or Manning needs a good OL

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Good thing about that is I don’t think it will happen. Probably the slimmest chance of all scenarios.

The closer we get to the draft the more I think that the Sam Darnold/Josh Allen talks for Cleveland is nothing more than smoke screens. 

I think they could seriously be considering Baker Mayfield. If that's the case, I dont think that Sam Darnold is a better QB than Josh Rosen. The only 1up he has on Rosen is durability. But he's not the better QB and he has turnover issues...not just from a position of INT's but fumbles. 

I could see the Giants taking Rosen @ #2! lol. 

Leaving the Jets with Sam Darnold and Lamar Jackson. In that scenario I would have to go Lamar Jackson. I dont trust Sam Darnold. I DONT trust this dude so much so that im willing to bet that neither does John Dorsey. 

I think the problem Cleveland has with drafting Mayfield is in a way similar to the problem Houston had drafting Derek Carr. 

When you have a bad experience with a player and a new player comes in years later that in some way has a relationship to (Carr brothers) or been heavily compared (Manziel/Mayfield) I think it's hard for GM's to make the call because if it doesn't go well it's like "They did it again" type situation. But like Derek Carr not being David Carr, I think GM John Dorsey is really considering Mayfield. 

As for the Giants, I know folks have said that the Giants believe that Eli has a couple more championship runs in him. Well, if they really believe that, then that means that the Giants believe that they will not be anywhere near the top of the draft for quite some time. That means that this IS the perfect opportunity to take a QB and groom him. They dont have to draft Barkley at #2 when they can get a guy who may be just as good further down in the draft. 

I think that if the Giants are going QB there's a strong possibility that they take Sam....but I think there are folks who believe, including myself, that Rosen is the better QB. And if you're not going to play him this season then he has a year to heal from his concussions as well as learn the system and bulk up a bit to protect himself, and who better to learn from than the Ironman of the league in Eli Manning when ti comes to durability? 

We could really be looking at Sam and Lamar at #3. In that situation, can you even trade down? You lose all of that draft stock moving up and taking Lamar 3rd overall is mighty high, taking Sam #3 will gain applause but will it be a good decision 2 years from now? 

We need either Mayfield or Rosen....or suck it up, trade down, get those picks back from somewhere, maybe pick up (and I HATE having to say this) a defensive player in the first and try drafting guys like a Mike White or Kyle Lauletta further down in the draft. 

I dont trust Sam Darnold. I just dont. 

Rosen is killing the media circuit, he's on the FAN right now. Just love the way he handles questions and his responses towards the QB position. I'm falling in love all over again. I'm sorry Rosen one, I'm back. Get it done Mac.

9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Rosen is killing the media circuit, he's on the FAN right now. Just love the way he handles questions and his responses towards the QB position. I'm falling in love all over again. I'm sorry Rosen one, I'm back. Get it done Mac.

That was a great interview. Well spoken.

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Draft this beast

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This dude would be legend in NY, if only for the interviews with Francesa.

Wow he was more cocky than I expected.  He seemed to somewhat challenge Darnold and Mayfield by saying he's confident he'll still be standing when compared to them.  That felt a little unnecessary to me.  Who knows if this is being coached into him to try to win teams over though.  

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wow he was more cocky than I expected.  He seemed to somewhat challenge Darnold and Mayfield by saying he's confident he'll still be standing when compared to them.  That felt a little unnecessary to me.  Who knows if this is being coached into him to try to win teams over though.  

That was cold. He basically compared them to every other QB that was ranked above him that never made it.

4 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I don't want to admit it, because I'll probably end up hurt come Thursday night (or Friday morning here!), but I love Rosen. I love his play, I love his upside, I love his intelligence and his confidence and his all-round aura. 

We're gonna end up with Josh Allen aren't we?

1 minute ago, morny said:

I don't want to admit it, because I'll probably end up hurt come Thursday night (or Friday morning here!), but I love Rosen. I love his play, I love his upside, I love his intelligence and his confidence and his all-round aura. 

We're gonna end up with Josh Allen aren't we?

Oh totally. I’m fully prepared for it. And prepared for Rosen to go to the Giants. It’s gonna suck. 

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Oh totally. I’m fully prepared for it. And prepared for Rosen to go to the Giants. It’s gonna suck. 

How crazy would it be to move up to the 3rd spot only to watch as both the Browns....the skid marks of the league actually draft a franchise QB, and at the same time the Giants just so happens to be worse than the Jets and gets to pick 2nd and they also pick a guy who takes over after Eli and the Jets draft the strongest arm in the NFL since Jamarcus Russell. lol. 

I am NOT prepared for that. That would be SOJ to the f'ing extreme. lol. 

On 4/22/2018 at 6:12 PM, FidelioJet said:

Anyone but Rosen....

We need to stay far away from him!

The best pure passer that has ties to Bates via a Seattle coach and is a perfect fit for his system. Why would you want HIM? I think he's going to be the best QB in this class. Also, and a big also, he can start very quickly and not subject us to meaningless QB play for another year. I don't want a QB this year that has to sit the whole season - I'm so tired of that BS. Plus, they will teach him how to get rid of the ball and not take meaningless hits. He's not fast, but he has excellent footwork.

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

The best pure passer that has ties to Bates via a Seattle coach and is a perfect fit for his system. Why would you want HIM? I think he's going to be the best QB in this class. Also, and a big also, he can start very quickly and not subject us to meaningless QB play for another year. I don't want a QB this year that has to sit the whole season - I'm so tired of that BS. Plus, they will teach him how to get rid of the ball and not take meaningless hits. He's not fast, but he has excellent footwork.

But in order to help us win he has to be on the field and finish a season - which he hasn't done in two years.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

But in order to help us win he has to be on the field and finish a season - which he hasn't done in two years.

Thanks for the prediction, Fidelio. Did you go to the future when SAR went?

Rosen is the best QB in this draft. Mayfield is good too. But Rosen is the man.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I understand your apprehension - it seems like whenever we get a good QB he goes down and misses half the games. I just don't think you avoid the better player. Any of these QBs could get hurt and miss time. Rosen needs to learn how to throw the ball away and not take so many hits. He needs to look at film of Brady. He does have quick feet, so he's not a statue. Did you know he beat Taylor Fritz in a tennis match when he was a junior. Taylor is a promising young pro player. 

Archived