WE GOT THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT.

predator_05

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mechanics are a mess?  He has the same wind up and delivery as Russell Wilson and can make all the throws.  He actually is more accurate under duress while on the run that’s a very rare trait that is huge for a nfl qb

Jets have no offensive weapons.

Wr: terrelle pryor, Robbie Anderson, Quincy Enunwa 
RB: Bilal Powell 
TE: they gotta draft one

Tell me what QB will succeed with this? This is complete utter failure for offense. Unreal trying to work with that as a rookie.

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

Just let this wash over you 

This video makes me feel worse tbh. First guy talks about his toughness, and how under rated toughness is at QB, high school coach about him playing WR and LB, college coach about his intangibles and then Trent Dilfer talks about him playing basketball.

Vacuous puff peace low on actual football reasons to get excited.

2 minutes ago, Trojan4Life said:

Tell me what QB will succeed with this? This is complete utter failure for offense. Unreal trying to work with that as a rookie.

Anderson is young and had almost a 1,000 yard season and if Enunwa is healthy he had a good year 2 years ago.  McCown statistically had a good season with that roster last year.  Powell and mcGuire are decent

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Right. My biggest concern with Darnold is the 24 starts, because it means you have to guess at that next year. If he went back, I guess he could have won the Heisman, but he also could have thrown 20 picks. We’re making a big bet on the former.

100%

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

This video makes me feel worse tbh. First guy talks about his toughness, and how under rated toughness is at QB, high school coach about him playing WR and LB, college coach about his intangibles and then Trent Dilfer talks about him playing basketball.

Total bullsh*t 

If they didn't take your guy be a man about it and please don't just make sh*t up 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I’m excited your not excited. You ruin everything. Nuff said. 

Just now, Larz said:

Total bullsh*t 

If they didn't take your guy be a man about it and please don't just make sh*t up 

Lol, this has nothing to do with manliness you neanderthal. 

What did I say that was false (note: I turned off after Dilfer). 

Just now, SMC said:

Note, Matt Ryan had 22 turnovers his final year in college, so success with such TOs is not unheard of.

Darnold is going to sit and develop.

Tony Romo I could see, will be fun to watch 

5 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Can't believe we got Darnold, this draft couldn't have gone better for us. Darnold falls to us, Bills trade up for that hillbilly Allen and Dolphins get jumped for Rosen. Pats had a good draft so far though.

Yeah, Wynn and Michel is a good combo. Hate those ****s. Here’s to hoping that isn’t enough once Brady is gone.

28 minutes ago, Trojan4Life said:

Eh - You're selling a healthy Enunwa and Anderson short. The key is a healthy Enunwa.

Also, you are forgetting about Jermaine Kearse, who is at the very worst, a useful possession receiver. 

The more i think about it, the more i like it.

He's the best of the QBs in this class.

1. Rosen: injury concerns, not the best fit for the offensive scheme. Very talented though. He should have a good career.

2. Allen: dogsh*t. Will be holding a clipboard in 2 years time.

3. Mayfield: good player, but lack of experience in a pro-style system is a big question mark. Also lacks ideal size for a QB.

While i would have been happy with Rosen or Mayfield, Darnold was the ultimate best case scenario. Sure, he had many turnovers, but he also threw a sh*tload of TDs with a not so great support cast.

I just hope they can give him a decent offensive line.

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

So now that I have slept on it, Darnold might be good for us.  Still would have liked to have gotten Mayfield.

He went 1st..would were we going to do about that? I wanted Rosen.

trust me..Darnold wasn’t my first choice. But I quickly started to realize how good this really might be and how wrong I really might have been. I down played Rosen’s personality and super coated a ton of things because of his game film...Darnold may actually be the best thing for this fan base as a player and as a human being.

i just felt like if I can get behind the pick so quickly that anyone could. I’m sorry for throwing you in that post earlier.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He went 1st..would were we going to do about that? I wanted Rosen.

trust me..Darnold wasn’t my first choice. But I quickly started to realize how good this really might be and how wrong I really might have been. I down played Rosen’s personality and super coated a ton of things because of his game film...Darnold may actually be the best thing for this fan base as a player and as a human being.

i just felt like if I can get behind the pick so quickly that anyone could. I’m sorry for throwing you in that post earlier.

Just glad it wasn't Allen.

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Just glad it wasn't Allen.

Absolutely glad it wasn’t Allen. Who knows what Maccagnan board actually looked like..what if Mayfield goes 1, Darnold goes 2 and Macc doesn’t necessarily love Rosen over Allen..nightmare scenrio.

I’m just legitimately proud and excited that the Jets got such a good prospect compared to any other time they go QB. Darnold is the highest QB selection in our franchise history since the legendary Joe Namath....I think if Darnold reaches his ceiling that he can win Super Bowls.

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Did you watch any Darnold? The Penn State Francesa special game, idk... he kinda does look like a cow on ice. I know Waldman likes him, but it doesn’t look smoothe at all.

He's a play-maker. A lot of play-makers aren't necessarily smooth

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's a play-maker. A lot of play-makers aren't necessarily smooth

Agreed. That’s why Rosen is compared to Matt Ryan. He’s not going to make plays that make people say “OMG did he just do that?” But he is going to be very consistent and effective as a passer.

Darnold is going to make those OMG plays. That style of play isn’t always smooth. All good. He’s just gotta be smart and learn how to master that form of QB play...and he will with experience.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agreed. That’s why Rosen is compared to Matt Ryan. He’s not going to make plays that make people say “OMG did he just do that?” But he is going to be very consistent and effective as a passer.

Darnold is going to make those OMG plays. That style of play isn’t always smooth. All good. He’s just gotta be smart and learn how to master that form of QB play...and he will with experience.

Exactly. And that OMG style is also going to naturally lead to more mistakes.

Both guys can be great pros. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Exactly. And that OMG style is also going to naturally lead to more mistakes.

Both guys can be great pros. 

Oh yeah I agree. I’m just now looking at some of these throws from this year and WOW..he makes some unbelievable throws into tight windows..some of those windows tighter than what you see in the NFL..just really on spot throws. He moves and throws out of the pocket so well.

Needs to clean up some aspects of his game..but I mean..all these guys had their issues and no one was a clean prospect but after further diving into Darnold...this guy could be the best of the bunch with the correct tutelage.

Not even me trying to talk myself into it by any means. I fully went in expecting to be impressed and concerned at the same time...I was..but FAR more impressed and now far less concerned.

2 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Last one, I'm off to bed.  Have a great night Jet Nation!

This video is hilarious. Chris Johnson is all business but than he interrupts himself and goes creepy uncle mode "Duuuude, you're gonna LOVE new york." I'd love to know what popped into his head when he said that. My guess is it rhymes with "britches and rogaine."

1 minute ago, jgb said:

This video is hilarious. Chris Johnson is all business but than goes creepy uncle mode "Duuuude, you're gonna LOVE new york." I'd love to know what popped into his head when he said that. My guess is it rhymes with britches and rogaine.

Bowles was further odd lol.

”so...we meet again.”?

Archived