Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

When you start talking bout Darnold and Lauletta in the same breath it’s when it’s time for me to go .. 

some jets fans really are miserable . 

The moment you read Darnold and Lauletta and stop reading is why you think fans are miserable. 

The bottomline is, Jets fans are miserable because the Jets Front office has been Miserable for the most part since 1969. How about understanding what is being said. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bealeb319 said:

Anyone else wonder what the browns were thinking when they drafted that kid Callaway I understand he is talented but he got caught with pot at the combine? They really think they are going to pair him up with Josh Gordon and things are going to work out?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

NCAA testing is really easy to beat. You are told very specifically when you will be tested, and figure the combine is no different. he may be a dope, or he may just be a 20 something American. The military and a lot of law enforcement agencies are hiring people despite recent drug use that would have been a nonstarter not long ago. For better or worse people are treating pot as no different than alcohol. 

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

We may be fans, but we are pretty educated.  Last year we watched the Jets trade down, pass up Elflein and Hunt and end up with guys who may not be good, and start Wes Johnson at Center thinking it was going to work.  So to assume that "Mac has it all under control," even if he scored Darnold, it not necessary correct.

No sh*t. If you dig up last year's draft thread, we had a dozen people beating the Kareem Hunt war drum.... only to watch our leader select a WR because he was from 'Bama... 

Scouts might have inside scoops - don't mean they're good decision makers. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

meanwhile, the Jets seem to sign the "best CB" in free agency every offseason because that's always the pressing need. You know what's so sad Tom? 

To see Jets fans call the Giants "Dumb" for passing on Sam, which on the surface I can understand the statement, but imagine watching Lauletta become a franchise QB because the Giants Front Office signed Nate Solder in Free Agency, drafted the best RB in the draft, drafted Guard Will Hernandez in the 2nd, and sat Lauletta for a year to develop. 

Lauletta would have a much better situation taking over the Giants next year than Sam Darnold would taking over the Jets next year just from the Oline/RB situation...not even talking about the targets. 

I really think Macc is a jackass. How do you not protect your quarterbacks?

I wouldn’t bank on the Giants being good with Lauletta, but I think that’s a great scenario for him. Still can’t believe they passed on a QB. 

Also, here are the receivers under contract for the Jets next year: Chad Hansen, ArDarious Stewart, and Charone Peake. 

Here are the OL under contract for next season: Beachum, Shell, Winters, Long.

OLB?: Jenkins, Kevin Pierre St Louis, and Dylan Donahue (who might be in prison)

I’m stunned they didn’t even try to address these positions in this draft. They’re all HUGE dollar adds, too where good, young players usually don’t get to free agency, 

NCAA testing is really easy to beat. You are told very specifically when you will be tested, and figure the combine is no different. he may be a dope, or he may just be a 20 something American. The military and a lot of law enforcement agencies are hiring people despite recent drug use that would have been a nonstarter not long ago. For better or worse people are treating pot as no different than alcohol. 
If that were true in the nfl he wouldn't have fell quite as far as he did. I just can't see him staying clean when he is going to have Josh Gordon as a role model. I don't personally view pot as a big deal but the league does and if he becomes a repeat offender it would be a shame

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wouldn’t bank on the Giants being good with Lauletta, but I think that’s a great scenario for him. Still can’t believe they passed on a QB. 

Also, here are the receivers under contract for the Jets next year: Chad Hansen, ArDarious Stewart, and Charone Peake. 

Here are the OL under contract for next season: Beachum, Shell, Winters, Long.

OLB?: Jenkins, Kevin Pierre St Louis, and Dylan Donahue (who might be in prison)

I’m stunned they didn’t even try to address these positions in this draft. They’re all HUGE dollar adds, too where good, young players usually don’t get to free agency, 

And this is what im talking about. It's as if there's no plan with this front office in free agency or the draft outside of getting defensive backs and defensive line. 

Lauletta, the QB is certainly hit or miss, my point is that they're providing the tools for him to succeed....which is beneficial for their future. The Jets have a great prospect in Darnold, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near this Oline taking snaps. The Jets are not providing the tools for the offensive side of the ball. 

We have 17 WR's currently with the Jets, and 14 of them have to prove themselves, and none of the other 3 are not bonafide #1 WR's. We have no idea what our TE situation is outside of Tomilinson, We signed Bridgewater but he's also a guy that you need to make sure you keep as clean as possible. 

This Coaching Staff and Front office only gives a **** about the defensive side of the ball. We won't even draft Special Teamers. 

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The Jets already went out and re-signed guys like Ijalana, Dozier, and Harrison in addition to bringing in Travis Swanson from Detroit to back up Spencer Long.

They have their OL depth 

And as I said, the odds of some rookie 6th round pick overtaking one of our starters is pretty damn low.

The OL and finding a passrusher will be high priorities next year.

Ive heard that for four years now.  No seriously for four years.  Trying to build an oline after you pick your franchise QB is a huge risk.

Dozier, Harrison and long are pure jags that you pray you do not have to play.  All of them are past the "these guys are prospects we think can start in a year or so."

Just now, Beerfish said:

Ive heard that for four years now.  No seriously for four years.  Trying to build an oline after you pick your franchise QB is a huge risk.

Dozier, Harrison and long are pure jags that you pray you do not have to play.  All of them are past the "these guys are prospects we think can start in a year or so."

So they’re depth then

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If that were true in the nfl he wouldn't have fell quite as far as he did. I just can't see him staying clean when he is going to have Josh Gordon as a role model. I don't personally view pot as a big deal but the league does and if he becomes a repeat offender it would be a shame

Josh Gordon is probably tested more than any player in the NFL, if he's not squeaky clean now he wouldn't be on the roster. From a talent standpoint he's not a bad role model to follow. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

Go back to the year the Jets drafted Lee, 5 OTs went before their pick. 

Every OT picked since then has been awful in the Pro’s.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And this is what im talking about. It's as if there's no plan with this front office in free agency or the draft outside of getting defensive backs and defensive line. 

Lauletta, the QB is certainly hit or miss, my point is that they're providing the tools for him to succeed....which is beneficial for their future. The Jets have a great prospect in Darnold, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near this Oline taking snaps. The Jets are not providing the tools for the offensive side of the ball. 

We have 17 WR's currently with the Jets, and 14 of them have to prove themselves, and none of the other 3 are not bonafide #1 WR's. We have no idea what our TE situation is outside of Tomilinson, We signed Bridgewater but he's also a guy that you need to make sure you keep as clean as possible. 

This Coaching Staff and Front office only gives a **** about the defensive side of the ball. We won't even draft Special Teamers. 

Well, Dylan Donohue..

1 minute ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Go back to the year the Jets drafted Lee, 5 OTs went before their pick. 

Every OT picked since then has been awful in the Pro’s.

Here is the rub, we drafted two CBs last year in the 6th round.  We drafted another this year.  The last two years our big fa gets have been cbs.

It is impressive that our team is so special that we can't draft an oiine outside the 1st or 2nd round when other teams do it regularly.

We are fine with going long shot on dline, cbs rbs and won't dare to do so for oline or pass rusher.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Here is the rub, we drafted two CBs last year in the 6th round.  We drafted another this year.  The last two years our big fa gets have been cbs.

It is impressive that our team is so special that we can't draft an oiine outside the 1st or 2nd round when other teams do it regularly.

We are fine with going long shot on dline, cbs rbs and won't dare to do so for oline or pass rusher.

You know what happens when you reach for OL? Ereck Flowers

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You know what happens when you reach for OL? Ereck Flowers

Ereck flowers was a 1sr round pick.

We took a chance on a small school 25 year old Dt in shepard in the 3rd round and there was about 6 developmental olineman drafted in the 3rd after we picked him.  We'll see if all of those 3rd rounders end up as awful busts.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Quantity doesn’t necessarily equate at any position. Seattle has take the most OL since 2010 and have zero to show for.

One of the only questions left in this draft is whether or not the Patriots will trade back from pick 250 to acquire picks 252 and 253 from Cincy.  Then, will they trade down again to acquire Mr Irrelevant and a future 7th rounder from the Redskins.

image.png

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ereck flowers was a 1sr round pick.

We took a chance on a small school 25 year old Dt in shepard in the 3rd round and there was about 6 developmental olineman drafted in the 3rd after we picked him.  We'll see if all of those 3rd rounders end up as awful busts.

We legit needed a Starter at that DE spot . Jets current starting Oline is set in stone pretty much barring injury .. So your mad at them for going with the highest player on there board at a position in of need ?  

I remember Pouha being drafted 25 and being a solid player for us for years .. 

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who were they supposed to bring in?

As far as passrushers go, guys like Lawrence and Ansah were hit with the franchise tag in FA and this years draft class featured a pretty sub-standard group aside from Chubb and a total boom or bust guy like Davenport.

The OL crop aside from the interior guys was pretty much poop. And by the time we picked at #72, guys like Wynn, Price, Ragnow, Hernandez, Corbett, Daniels, Smith, etc were all off the board.

Every draft every year after the first 2 rounds

Fan Checks top available list compiled by Mel kiper ..... 

Picks a couple players that they have never seen play..... 

Jets pick someone else based on hundreds of hours of scouting and preparation... 

Fan : what the **** are they doing?!? 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jets pick someone else based on hundreds of hours of scouting and preparation... 

From parts unknown the NY Jets select 35 year old player with a feel good NFL story. 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

I had no problem with the scouting and the players they picked , I have a problem with the roster construction and what they view as needs. 

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Think of the bright side. Jets can claim all the OL cut loose from teams that drafted 5th, 6th, 7th round OL. 

Archived