Something to ease the anticipation...or maybe do the opposite?

Patriot Killa

It’s going to be an extremely long wait until we get anymore relevant Jets news.(I hope bad behavior from one or two of our guys doesn’t prove me wrong in the same breath.)

Here is something to calm your nerves...or maybe even do the opposite as you see the player that we have on our roster. Our very own shining hope. Our centerpiece to success. Sam Darnold.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I wanted the Jets to go in the tank for him as soon as I watched the Rose Bowl against Penn State.

Guy has the talent to be one of the elites for 15 years. Really hoping he puts it all together.

On point.

But what also fits so well with our team is his personality and temperament. He is truly a dream come true for a team that plays NY. 

I am so excited to have him play for us. He’s going to bring us a lot of success. I can feel it in my bones!!

That 55 yard touchdown I just watched on the Texas tape was insane...scrambled out of the pocket, bumped into his man, re-directed himself, set his feet and fired the ball to his guy, allowing the wide out to change direction and take it all the way in for a touchdown. 

Just masterful. Basically art in motion. 

Edit: it starts @ 3:18 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

On point.

But what also fits so well with our team is his personality and temperament. He is truly a dream come true for a team that plays NY. 

I am so excited to have him play for us. He’s going to bring us a lot of success. I can feel it in my bones!!

Could he be any more the opposite of Mayfield?  I much prefer this approach.  No drama...no need to prove anyone wrong...just go out there, be the best you can be, and win.  We really couldn't have asked for a better opportunity.  Now it's up to Sam and the coaches to get the most out of the opportunity.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Could he be any more the opposite of Mayfield?  I much prefer this approach.  No drama...no need to prove anyone wrong...just go out there, be the best you can be, and win.  We really couldn't have asked for a better opportunity.  Now it's up to Sam and the coaches to get the most out of the opportunity.

We couldn’t have gotten any better than this guy. Just the perfect personality and also such a balanced skill set. He does just about everything very well. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Some roooooough throws on that PSU tape, but you definitely see the raw talent. Something about that motion is a little weird, too. All arm, no? 

Definitely some rough throws there and I believe that tape was before his tried to shorten his release. Although he didn’t statistically do better the year after the Rose Bowl, I think the experience and work in the offseason from RS Freshman to Sophomore polished him and made him a lot better of a player.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Some roooooough throws on that PSU tape, but you definitely see the raw talent. Something about that motion is a little weird, too. All arm, no? 

Rodgers had a weird motion at Cal. Now he has the most compact, quick release in the league. 

Hoping Bates can work on that a bit. 

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There’s a picture floating around of the 2018 Jets rookie class, and Darnold is standing in the back corner of the group looking like a slob, which is awesome. He wasn’t standing front and center like it’s a Glamour Shots layout deal where he’s at all conscious of being a star. Honestly, the lack of headlines he’s producing is impressive. He’s not even creeping on an Instagram skeezer yet! 

Oh!

One more thing about that Texas game. It’s 17-14 Texas up in the 4th Q with only 30 or so seconds left. This has to be scoring driving or it’s a fat loss... Darnold gets blitzed on 3rd down from both sides, he literally JUMPS up and throws the ball over the middle to his TE as he is getting hit!! 

INSANE clutch time play.

starts at 8:31

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There’s a picture floating around of the 2018 Jets rookie class, and Darnold is standing in the back corner of the group looking like a slob, which is awesome. He wasn’t standing front and center like it’s a Glamour Shots layout deal where he’s at all conscious of being a star. Honestly, the lack of headlines he’s producing is impressive. He’s not even creeping on an Instagram skeezer yet! 

Good Times!

Mark-Sanchez-GQ-Cover-Rolex-Submariner-L

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Rodgers had a weird motion at Cal. Now he has the most compact, quick release in the league. 

Look at Phillip Rivers coming out of college. Talk about weird throwing motions.

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yes, 1 in high school, 2 at USC 

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Didn't he only play QB for something like 3 years?

Soooooo much room to grow.

Sooooo much potential.‼️‼️‼️

Sooo much ability to learn and process info fast.

sooooo many boners.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Soooooo much room to grow.

Sooooo much potential.‼️‼️‼️

Sooo much ability to learn and process info fast.

sooooo many boners.

??

I also love his basketball background, he played point guard and that really gives you anticipation and vision 

The kid played linebacker in high school, that is just so great 

I really like the the Jets aren't bringing him along slowly, they are throwing everything at him and he is keeping his head above water. 

I had a long catch today with my son and couldn't help but think about Darnold lol 

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

Wait you can fix mechanics, I thought we heard here incessantly that either you have it or you don't . 

17 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Wait you can fix mechanics, I thought we heard here incessantly that either you have it or you don't . 

Either you have accuracy or you don’t. Mechanics and foot work obviously tie into accuracy but with people like Hackenberg and Josh Allen’s case..they have no ability to put perfect touch on a pass nor anticipate where the ball should be placed in real-time.

Man that USC offensive system was dog sh*t, without Darnold making plays all over the field that team generates zero offense.  Can’t wait to see Darnold in a (hopefully) great offensive scheme, and see what he can, can’t wait man.  

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man that USC offensive system was dog sh*t, without Darnold making plays all over the field that team generates zero offense.  Can’t wait to see Darnold in a (hopefully) great offensive scheme, and see what he can, can’t wait man.  

Think about this Lupz....

USC’s best WR went undrafted this year. Sam Darnold TORE UP Stanford’s vaunted Defense with sh*t stains for weapons...not once but TWICE.

Game 1 - USC 42, Stanford 24

Sam Darnold: 21/26, 316 yards, 4 TDs, 2 INT’s

Game 2 - USC 31, Stanford 28

Sam Darnold; 17/24, 325 yards, 2 TD’s 0 INT’s

.........with this sh*tty ass supporting cast. 

Amazing.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dfr6WKBWsAAd_Mk.jpg

this one?

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Either you have accuracy or you don’t. Mechanics and foot work obviously tie into accuracy but with people like Hackenberg and Josh Allen’s case..they have no ability to put perfect touch on a pass nor anticipate where the ball should be placed in real-time.

wait wait.....we know about Hack but Allen remains to be seen....put a sticky on this for a little while........

p.s. I think you're still going to be right eventually. 

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I wanted the Jets to go in the tank for him as soon as I watched the Rose Bowl against Penn State.

Guy has the talent to be one of the elites for 15 years. Really hoping he puts it all together.

Same and same.  Been infatuated ever since.  And now...he's ours.

Archived