Which 6 Cornerbacks Will Make the 53 Man Roster

Sarge4Tide

6 CBs?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which 6 Cornerbacks Listed Below Will be on the Jets's Opening Day Roster?

• Trumaine Johnson 6'1" 205 Montana
    • Morris Claiborne 5'11" 192 LSU
    • Buster Skrine 5'9" 185 Tennessee-Chattanooga
    • Juston Burris 6'0" 205 NC State
    • Darryl Roberts 6'0" 182 Marshall
    • Rashard Robinson 6'2" 177 LSU
    • Derrick Jones 6'2" 188 Mississippi
    • Jeremy Clark 6'3" 220 Michigan
    • Parry Nickerson 5'10"182 Tulane
    • Xavier Coleman 5'11" 189 Portland State
    • Terrell Sinkfield 6'1" 195 Northern Iowa

Johnson, Clairborne, Skrine, Roberts, Nickerson - I think are locks.  That 6th one is tough but my guess is going with Rashard Robinson because he's just a ridiculous athlete with length that can man cover and I think that ultimately puts him above anyone else. 

Buster Skrine, Burris & Roberts better play LIGHTS OUT! in camp & preseason.

Especially "BUST" er Skrine @ 8.5 million

Parry Nickerson will get every chance to stick. But Robinson & Jones are much better athletes than Skrine, Burris & Roberts, but can they translate it to the field. Clark, Coleman & Sinkfeld are complete question marks?

A couple will be practice Squad but there is a lot of competition at the position & I think the only LOCKS are Johnson & Clairborne + Nickerson. 

46 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Buster Skrine, Burris & Roberts better play LIGHTS OUT! in camp & preseason.

Especially "BUST" er Skrine @ 8.5 million

Parry Nickerson will get every chance to stick. But Robinson & Jones are much better athletes than Skrine, Burris & Roberts, but can they translate it to the field. Clark, Coleman & Sinkfeld are complete question marks?

A couple will be practice Squad but there is a lot of competition at the position & I think the only LOCKS are Johnson & Clairborne + Nickerson. 

Lumping Roberts in with Burris as an athlete is laughable.  Roberts has been getting playing time (over Burris, Robinson, Coleman, Jones and Clark) and he is a probably a better athlete than all of them.  SPARQ had him #2 CB in 2015 and the guy he was behind (Byron Jones) has converted to S and is one of the few true 3 sigma athletes ever recorded.  He is 99th percentile athletically of NFL CBs.  28 reps, 4.38, 39" vert, 11' broad, good shuttle/cone times.  He is a bit light and short armed, but there is literally not a player in the league he has to look up to athletically.  Well... maybe Byron Jones.  Most years he'd have been the #1 CB coming out.

Sinkfield is probably as good an athlete as any of them as well, but he is an older player moving to defense after a stint in Canada. Jones and Clark are much longer, but I do not get a feel for what Maccagnan is looking for in CBs - Jones and Clark are longer, Burris is beefier, Roberts and Nickerson and super fast, but smaller with shorter arms.  There is not a pattern I can discern unless they are aiming at different roles.  Specials will probably determine the bottom few spots, so I think Sinkfield has a chance, but I also think they may carry more than 6.

Once I got past Tru and Mo it was really tough. I had Buster making it plus , Nickerson, Clark and Robinson. The later two I like since they're bigger corners. As Jetster pointed out Buster BETTER play lights out at $8.5 mil. Gotta love the competition.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Burris, Roberts and Robinson -- out. 

Jones, Clark and Coleman -- In.

I’m really excited about at least one of Jones, or Clark becoming a big time player for the Jets, man if both hit their ceiling that would be awesome.

27 minutes ago, varjet said:

2019 is the Jets’ year. 

I don’t get paying Skrine all that money in 2018 when the Jets already have so many corners and that money can be applied next year.   

They had most of those corners last year and Skrine played and they didn't.  He may not be a fan favorite, but the coaches must like him.  Defensive snap counts last year Skrine 1011, Claiborne 920, Roberts 467, Burris 336, Nelson 41, Williams 38, Robinson 20, Coleman 3, Jones and Clark 0.

I get that Clark was hurt and Jones was a project, but Jones was active 3 weeks and saw no action on D.  Robinson played 18 snaps against KC, 2 against Denver and no more.  Pretty sure he was a healthy inactive the last 4 weeks. 

3 hours ago, varjet said:

2019 is the Jets’ year. 

I don’t get paying Skrine all that money in 2018 when the Jets already have so many corners and that money can be applied next year.   

I'm sure (hoping) that if isn't playing lights out in the PS he's gone. $8.5 mil is a lot for a CB that's been toasted for awhile.

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Lumping Roberts in with Burris as an athlete is laughable.  Roberts has been getting playing time (over Burris, Robinson, Coleman, Jones and Clark) and he is a probably a better athlete than all of them.  SPARQ had him #2 CB in 2015 and the guy he was behind (Byron Jones) has converted to S and is one of the few true 3 sigma athletes ever recorded.  He is 99th percentile athletically of NFL CBs.  28 reps, 4.38, 39" vert, 11' broad, good shuttle/cone times.  He is a bit light and short armed, but there is literally not a player in the league he has to look up to athletically.  Well... maybe Byron Jones.  Most years he'd have been the #1 CB coming out.

Sinkfield is probably as good an athlete as any of them as well, but he is an older player moving to defense after a stint in Canada. Jones and Clark are much longer, but I do not get a feel for what Maccagnan is looking for in CBs - Jones and Clark are longer, Burris is beefier, Roberts and Nickerson and super fast, but smaller with shorter arms.  There is not a pattern I can discern unless they are aiming at different roles.  Specials will probably determine the bottom few spots, so I think Sinkfield has a chance, but I also think they may carry more than 6.

I find that SPARQ stuff pretty useless to be honest.

So, according to us, the best and most informed collection of Jets fans in the Universe, the 6 CBs on the Jets Opening Day Roster will be

1. Trumaine Johnson
  2. Morris Claiborne
  3. Buster Skrine
  4. Parry Nickerson
  5. Justin Burris

and 1 of Daryl Roberts, Rashard Robinson, or Jeremy Clark

It's funny how everyone thought the WR position was going to be very difficult to predict but it turns out WR is fairly clear cut:

Anderson, Enunwa, Pryor, Kearse, Hansen and most likely Stewart (6)

CB however is difficult to tell: Tru, Mo and Nickerson I think are locks. Skrine will probably make the cut as well but otherwise its very much up in the air.  

LB is also tricky...especially once we start looking at depth at the position. Lee, Jenkins, Martin and Williamson are locks, after that, there's a lot of competition for the remaining spots. Mauldin and Donahue have left the door open for other guys fighting for a roster spot. Mauldin with his injuries and lack of production after being drafted in the 3rd round and Donahue with his DUI.  

It's funny how everyone thought the WR position was going to be very difficult to predict but it turns out WR is fairly clear cut:

Anderson, Enunwa, Pryor, Kearse, Hansen and most likely Stewart (6)

CB however is difficult to tell: Tru, Mo and Nickerson I think are locks. Skrine will probably make the cut as well but otherwise its very much up in the air.  

LB is also tricky...especially once we start looking at depth at the position. Lee, Jenkins, Martin and Williamson are locks, after that, there's a lot of competition for the remaining spots. Mauldin and Donahue have left the door open for other guys fighting for a roster spot. Mauldin with his injuries and lack of production after being drafted in the 3rd round and Donahue with his DUI.  

Donahue is not going anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 7/7/2018 at 10:44 AM, Dunnie said:

Donahue is not going anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Unless he gets into another DUI or ANY issue with alcohol that affects the team. He seems to have a legit problem with alcohol. 

He will get cut IMMEDIATELY if that happens. He is nowhere near productive enough to merit any extra chances. In fact, he may simply get outplayed and be buried on the depth chart or cut. I.E. turns out, he's just not that good.   

Archived