Jets promote RB Henderson from practice squad

Dinamite

Good luck to both Henderson and Cannon. For they both get their "shot " tomorrow. It's one of the aspects that I love about pro sports, it's watching a young kid come up to the big league and give it his best shot at being a pro. I'd be a pleasant surprise to see one of them take their place as a potential starter going forward.

As we have many times before however, some kids that come up simply try too hard at wanting to contribute to winning the game. This causes tension, stress and hence stupid boneheaded play.

So PLEASE take it easy, and don't cough up the ball tomorrow.

The team with the least turnovers tomorrow wins.

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LMAO. As soon as I posted to you, I kinda knew that was coming. It was on a tee for you. But seriously there's nothing I can do about this guy?

Like seriously man there is an a-hole here that does the same thing to me....I put him on ignore now I dont even remember his name.

3 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Shame about Burris. Mac's mid round picks are the worst thing about him as a GM. What's weird is that he's pretty good at trades and finding some quality in undrafted players or other teams' scraps. Miss on the CB you actually took, get decent backup production out of the CB you snatched from the Pats waiver wire. (Roberts) This is the way of Maccagnan.

This is because Mac does not really do anything on his own.   He is just the master figurehead and delegates everything.  It is his job to pick and organize the people.  

Heimerdinger has been in charge of the trades and scrapheap.  

An assortment of other guys who have come and gone are responsible for drafting.  They have been no good.

Its all on Maccagnan ultimately, and his role needs to be modified.  

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

@The Crusher I think this @GaryM guy is actually my ex-wife. He butt fumbles me 5-6 times a day. Never has the ba**s to post anything himself though. He's got me so aggravated I went back and butt fumbled ALL three posts he's left on this site. Can't you guys do something about members like him?

Heck Jet Nut and you neg rep me all the time , and I don't care.  Jet Nut just sent me a message whining about me neg repping him.  

o-POT-MEET-KETTLE-570.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Heck Jet Nut and you neg rep me all the time , and I don't care.  Jet Nut just sent me a message whining about me neg repping him.  

o-POT-MEET-KETTLE-570.jpg?1

You've got that right. I do it to you every time you do it to me. You can check that out. But you don't bother me either. Unlike that other guy I was talking about, at least you also come on and post your opinions. I really do enjoy this site, but the one thing that puzzles me is why so many people here will simply butt fumble someone, instead of engaging and discussing what it is you disagree with. A down vote or butt fumble should be a last resort.

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

you my friend, have ascended into the biggest blow hard on JN - in RECORD time. 

Blah blah Ardarius stewart - this kid can ball - blah blah look at me with my ridiculous name of player who's not even on the team anymore. 

You don't know what you're talking about and you never know who McGuire was before the coach told you so. 

Why the mindless attack. I wasn't putting you down. just pointing out that Stump Mitchell had alot of good things to say about him, which tells me, he's going to get alot of carries. Im not into, the i told you so's. That's juvenile. I sure was wrong about Stewart. But i believe my points now, about Lee and Adams have stood up. People forming too quick a judgement on them, Your right. I didn't know anything about McGuire before we drafted him. So what. When we draft players in the lower rounds, i check into them at that point. Something wrong with that.

I guess the Rams Blamed everyone but Jeff Fisher as well ....... At least they had the brains to get some WR's and a franchise RB ...you know those RB's the posters at Jets nation would never draft early in the first. I mean why in the hell would we want a Todd Gurley ?

13 hours ago, BCJet said:

Henderson is listed at 5'7  thats pretty short.

Crowell is really going to need to step up tomorrow, i know his foot/ankle isn't 1005 but he really needs to handle 25 touches tomorrow and make something happen.

Not worried about a RB's height. He's listed at 207lbs. He should be plenty solid enough, and hard for defenders to find when he hits the hole. 

It's gonna be interesting to see how they deploy the RBs today. I doubt Crowell is up for something close to a full load. Cannon gets a lot of crap around here for his punt-muffing, but I'd like to see him in an expanded role on offense. He's got great speed, which is what led them to into their misguided attempt to make him a returner in the first place. I'd be designing plays to get him the ball in space and see what happens. 

The Stewart, Hanson picks were bad. To not get to a 2nd yr for a 3rd rounders is bad!  But again, look around the NFL. It's not like the Jets are the only team letting go of 3rd, 4th round picks. Jets have two recent 3rd round picks on their PS ('17 Webb, '16 Bronson Kaufusi) and a '17 3rd OLB Basham on the 53.  Again, the thought has always been that a successful draft is when you get 2-3 players per draft. And, one thing you can say so far w/Mcc's drafts are he's hit on the 1st round picks.

3 hours ago, genot said:

Why the mindless attack. I wasn't putting you down. just pointing out that Stump Mitchell had alot of good things to say about him, which tells me, he's going to get alot of carries. Im not into, the i told you so's. That's juvenile. I sure was wrong about Stewart. But i believe my points now, about Lee and Adams have stood up. People forming too quick a judgement on them, Your right. I didn't know anything about McGuire before we drafted him. So what. When we draft players in the lower rounds, i check into them at that point. Something wrong with that.

maybe it's clash of communication styles, but in my world - quoting me with a reply where you "tell me" how it's gonna be, is enough to inspire a retort. I didn't say much after you laid waste to everyone in the Ardarius thread, but this time I could practically smell the Ray Liotta coming off your words. Maybe instead of wondering what's wrong with me, take a second to reflect on how you present, mr Genot 

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

maybe it's clash of communication styles, but in my world - quoting me with a reply where you "tell me" how it's gonna be, is enough to inspire a retort. I didn't say much after you laid waste to everyone in the Ardarius thread, but this time I could practically smell the Ray Liotta coming off your words. Maybe instead of wondering what's wrong with me, take a second to reflect on how you present, mr Genot 

I hear you.I don't know how it's gonna be, more than anyone else here. I was just stating a honest difference of opinion. Same with Stewart. If i stated that opinion ungracefully, i apologize. My opinion on Stewart, was based on the same posts about Lee, Adams. Chill out. They aren't 5 year veterans. I probably will come across brash again. Im not. Just pointing out, a different view if i have one. We probably agree on more things than we disagree on. If we win today, does that give the Jets a reason to aggressively pursue a Chandler Jones????

27 minutes ago, genot said:

I hear you.I don't know how it's gonna be, more than anyone else here. I was just stating a honest difference of opinion. Same with Stewart. If i stated that opinion ungracefully, i apologize. My opinion on Stewart, was based on the same posts about Lee, Adams. Chill out. They aren't 5 year veterans. I probably will come across brash again. Im not. Just pointing out, a different view if i have one. We probably agree on more things than we disagree on. If we win today, does that give the Jets a reason to aggressively pursue a Chandler Jones????

appreciate the honest reply. I'll take my foot off the gas - we're all the same side here.

I would love Jones in green and white, so long as we're not dipping into the 2018 draft cookie jar

Archived