Le'Veon Bell, Yes Or No?

KRL

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Let's see how many of these guys are actually available. It's not like the Jets are the only team with cap dollars. And because they are under 27 I wouldn't be shocked if every single one of them is resigned. Not some murderers row of eliteness in that group.

Totally agree.  There will be several WR and OLB that will fit our needs but not many OL.  I'd be happy if we sign solid, young guys rather than elites (see Trumaine Johnson).  I think Mac will try to make at least one big splash signing such as DeMarcus Lawrence if he shakes loose.  

Just now, BettyBoop said:

Totally agree.  There will be several WR and OLB that will fit our needs but not many OL.  I'd be happy if we sign solid, young guys rather than elites (see Trumaine Johnson).  I think Mac will try to make at least one big splash signing such as DeMarcus Lawrence if he shakes loose.  

There is NO WAY IN HELL Demarcus Lawrence shakes loose, lol. Ain't gonna happen! Elite pass rushers don't shake loose, they get traded for high draft picks like Mack.

19 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

whoi knew who john conner was? not me. yest he's doing wonders.

is it the PITT OL? Or Bell?

I think Bell is perty darned good btw...

Great point.

John Connor's success could be hurting Bell's value in the upcoming FA period.  What if Bell finally comes back in a week or two and doesn't look quite as good as Connor has?  This could turn out to be a horrible miscalculation by Bell and his agents.

Le'Veon Bell can catch 80 balls in a season.  He won't be getting stuffed.  His ability to catch the ball causes all kinds of problems for a defense.  The front 7 can't just "sit on the run" or he will kill them as a receiver.  If they worry about him as a receiver, it opens up holes for him to run through.  If the STH's want to spend more time saying "First down!"... Le'V is the best possible addition to this team.
Unless of course you 'd rather overpay for a Trumaine Johnson.   Me?  I'll take a Curtis Martin.  
There is no Kevin Mawae.

I’m willing to bet you money, witnessed by JN, that wherever he goes — it’s going to be a let down. He will not be the Bell you remember from years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

didnt even know who he was i now i know why...

terrible contract

Fraud agency deals are almost always terrible contracts.   Every single spring... fans around the country get all huffy about signing this guy or that guy.   The truth is that 22 out of the top 25 will be monumental flops.   Outside of the top 25 is where a GM can make a couple of savvy moves.  

I called the Trumaine Johnson disaster.  

I understand the trepidation towards Le'Veon Bell.  I HATE fraud agency more than anyone. My avatar has been up for close to two years.  And the money he gets will be inflated.  Always is.  But the risk associated with a back like him, in my opinion,  is actually lower than other positions because of his versatility.  And nobody they can sign in April can help this team and Sam Darnold more than him.  Nobody.  Whatever offensive lineman become available, their teams are letting them walk for one reason or another...  Same with defensive personnel.

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

didnt even know who he was i now i know why...

terrible contract

But Bowles needs to continue to build the secondary so guys like Mayfield, Tannyhill, Bortles, can torch it. Argh, teams get new coaches & the Jets after exhaustive searches get Todd Bubba Bowles. Jets should have been the team going after Kyle Shannahan. 

30 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I'm not in favor of signing Bell.  Too many other needs.  Such as:

LT - Donovan (25 years old)

Guard - Quinton Spain (27)

Running Back - Tevin Coleman (25)

WR - Devin Funchess (24)

OLB - Anthony Barr (26)

DT - Grady Jarrett (25)

What do all of these guys have in common besides all being 27 or under?  They all play for teams that have QB's who will have at least a $22mm cap hit next year.  Those teams need to be raided..

As of today, the Jets have $107mm in cap space next year.  That's before cutting Beachum and Long which will add an additional $14.5mm  Let the raiding begin!

Donovan Smith is an interesting name - however is he actually good?

There are some decent LT prospects that could be available in a trade down scenario: 

Andrew Dilliard Washington State

Marcus Normal South Florida

Yodny Cajuste West Virgina

I think we look to trade down in the first and take some combination of tackles and edge rushers with 3 of our first 4 picks and a WR with the other.

No, it's way too much money for a running back with a ton of miles.

The smart money says draft a running back in the middle rounds and run him into the ground while on a rookie contract.  It's essentially a plug and play position with little development time needed.

The Jets would be smart to head into camp next season with Crowell, McGuire, Cannon, and a mid round pick.  The Jets have a ton of open spots on their roster, and they should focus on more critical positions.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Oh stop, this isn't your fathers NFL and it damn sure should never be compared to war, lol.

If Jack the Ripper had good hands and some speed, there are people on this sight who would scream "Sign this Beast."  Bell wants 15 mill.  Maybe that will discourage  you.  15 mill for a RB?

51 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This is an unfair label. 

That team slapped him with a franchise friendly tag for a 2nd year in a row.   The running back position is the most financially screwed of any in the league.  They are drafted, literally run into the ground on their rookie deal, then told they have too many miles on them to get paid when they are finally free from that rookie contract.   The team's view these days is, "we can just draft another one."

What if Bell signed his tender... than got hurt like Earl Thomas?  He gets his $9M for the tag... instead of the tens of millions he probably will get in April.

This team first narrative is unfair... ESPECIALLY for a running back.

The only argument against Bell is if you believe the Steelers offered him a reasonable market deal and he turned it down. 

he wants 15 mill.  Good Bye Le'veon

48 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

sign him for big $$ and watch him get stuffed cos the OL is overrun= foolishness

There is a reason Pitt is a long term success as a franchise--and teams like the Jets are not.  i wonder if the pitt fans are as smart as their FO?

3 minutes ago, jack48 said:

If Jack the Ripper had good hands and some speed, there are people on this sight who would scream "Sign this Beast."  Bell wants 15 mill.  Maybe that will discourage  you.  15 mill for a RB?

Lol explain to me who exactly do we have to pay big money too on this roster over the next 3 years? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’m willing to bet you money, witnessed by JN, that wherever he goes — it’s going to be a let down. He will not be the Bell you remember from years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you get this "years ago" from?  He was an all-pro 10 months ago...

He turns 27 in February.  You talk like he is a 30 year old Eddie George.

I think it is more likely, since nobody has really seen or heard from him in weeks, that he is in peak physical condition... possibly getting ready to return to the Steelers in a part-time role.  Or staying in shape to eventually get the word out that he is ready to go for 2019 to get that big pay day he wants... and deserves.

Think to yourself... what if he played the first 3 weeks like an all-pro.... then broke his arm and was put on I/R.   Would your mind set be different?  The same?  Are you letting this contract crap cloud your judgement?

8 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Oh, but let’s give 17 mill to Mo Wilkerson

41 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Trumaine Johnson has lookled like Otis Smith so far.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

YES 

The NY Jets need a playmaker on offense and have the $$$$ 

Also need to grab a #1 WR in free agency

most jets fans are scary as hell when it comes to acquiring  all pro talent . U want elite RB and #1 WR in the same offseason your really pushing it lol .. 

for record I hope Macc is thinking like you . Got a team full of mostly no names . And people scared to acquire elite talent smh . 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Pitt would have never won the AFC East either if they were in this division.

The Pats own the Steelers. 

To be the best you have to beat the best and we aren't doing with the run of the mill JAG's we've been signing and drafting. 

COME ON MAN Le'Veon Bell would help this team in many ways starting with winning. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I disagree... but your opinion is OK, as long as you arent one of the STB... aka.. "sign the bum" fanatics that goes nuts over every overpriced player in fraud agency the Jets don't sign in April. 

Because I guarantee... guys like Jadeveon Clowney and Dee Ford are not going to be worth anywhere near what they get paid.  They arent going to change a defense.

Le'V can definitely change an offense... which is the side of the ball that the Jets need to focus on.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Scoop24 said:

most jets fans are scary as hell when it comes to acquiring  all pro talent . U want elite RB and #1 WR in the same offseason your really pushing it lol .. 

for record I hope Macc is thinking like you . Got a team full of mostly no names . And people scared to acquire elite talent smh . 

I want better WR's than the JAG's we have..we don't have close to a #1 WR on this roster. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetster said:

Pitt would have never won the AFC East either if they were in this division.

The Pats own the Steelers. 

Good friend is a Steeler fan, says Tomlin so stubborn plays zone vs Pats & Brady ests it ALIVE every time. 

Steelers are good because they’ve had a franchise QB & a HOF WR in AB for years now. It’s easy to draft oline & Lbs when you have those positions sewn up. 

No that Jets have Darnold they can start drafting offense high again & get some studs in here. We have the money for Bell & out of teams that will be calling, having Darnold makes this destination not as dire when Bell looked over & saw no QB here. I’d say about 75% Bell is a NY Jet in 2019.

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Trumaine Johnson has lookled like Otis Smith so far.

Trumaine Johnson has been on decline consistently for the past 3 years . Dude hasn’t been close to elite he was just the best of bad group . Unfortunately he is still declining . 

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Where do you get this "years ago" from?  He was an all-pro 10 months ago...

He turns 27 in February.  You talk like he is a 30 year old Eddie George.

I think it is more likely, since nobody has really seen or heard from him in weeks, that he is in peak physical condition... possibly getting ready to return to the Steelers in a part-time role.  Or staying in shape to eventually get the word out that he is ready to go for 2019 to get that big pay day he wants... and deserves.

Think to yourself... what if he played the first 3 weeks like an all-pro.... then broke his arm and was put on I/R.   Would your mind set be different?  The same?  Are you letting this contract crap cloud your judgement?

I repeat... I will bet you money, he will be a let down. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

To be the best you have to beat the best and we aren't doing with the run of the mill JAG's we've been signing and drafting. 

COME ON MAN Le'Veon Bell would help this team in many ways starting with winning. 

I’m all for signing Bell 

Jets could have a cool Bell ? sound go off after each TD!

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I disagree...

22 minutes ago, jack48 said:

15? Try north of 20 when you include all the upfront money. You're legitimately looking at possibly 20%+ of our FA money, tied up at RB before you even sniff an extension or trying to improve the rest of the team, of which we need to accumulate about 25-30 players....  (25%+ over our overall cap then will tied to RBs)..

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

buncha loudmouthed cheapos around here...    if we find ourselves on opposing sides of a football analysis argument we may ebet each other someday! at SOME people will put their money where their pie-hole is...

BTW, Shady McCoy transformed the bills, right?

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Does anyone know any other bets this guy has made in the past that he was completely wrong on?

He’s pretty sure of himself, there has to many to cull from.