Possible HC Candidates

KRL

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I’d be all in favor of this as well because I completely trust Shanahan’s judgement in coaches.

Nevermind the glory days in Denver, just look at the offensive staff he put together in Washington a few years ago...

Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur, etc.

You completely trust him?  Do you realize that he hired both Dennison and Bates?  Dennison was his OC for his last 3 years in Denver and Bates was QB coach and called the plays.   You "completely trust" his judgment in coaches, but not this regime?   

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Shanahan changed up his entire offense to suit RGIII with a bunch of read option bullsh*t and he went on to have the most efficient rookie season for a QB in NFL history.

At the same time, he drafted and helped develop a legit Top 10-12 QB in Kirk Cousins in the 4th round.

The guy has been away for less than 5 years. I’d welcome him with open arms if he wanted to come here. 

My dick gets hard every time I think of what he could do with a raw talent like Darnold.

I don’t know if Mike Shanahan wants to come back to coaching I think he might be happy just advising his son

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

YOu completely trust him?  Do you realize that he hired both Dennison and Bates?  Dennison was his OC for his last 3 years in Denver and Bates was QB coach and called the plays.   You "completely trust" his judgment in coaches, but not this regime?   

Mike Shanahan is excellent.  I’m not gonna fault him that he didn’t win multiple Super Bowls with Jake Plummer and RG3

Just now, Untouchable said:

Why?

What personnel experience does Cowher have?

A guy like Shanahan has oodles.

No one drafts better than the Steelers.  Everyone thinks Mangini was this brilliant drafter yet Cowher was around for like 10 great drafts in a row

Just now, Philc1 said:

No one drafts better than the Steelers.  Everyone thinks Mangini was this brilliant drafter yet Cowher was around for like 10 great drafts in a row

The Steelers have still been great in the draft for the last 12 years that Cowher has been gone.

And Tom Donahoe and Kevin Colbert were the personnel guys throughout Cowher’s coaching tenure in Pittsburgh. Two guys who certainly knew what they were/are doing.

Shanahan was the de facto football czar for his last 10 years in Denver and during his entire stint in Washington. He knows how all of this sh*t works from top to bottom.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cowher is still involved in the current NFL game he has a football mind lives in NYC.

Shanahan no way in heck wants any part of the NY Jets. 

Cowher sits on a CBS TV set breaking down highlights.

Gruden has been closer to the game than Cowher over the last decade and how is that shaking out?

Cowher has always strictly been a coach...and now we’re talking about pigeonholing him into a VP/GM role that he has zero experience in to my knowledge?

No thanks

At this point Cowher and Shanahan have little or no interest in a GM position just to demanding of a life style. VP of operations is interesting. Finding the right GM and Head Coach combination and helping to build a staff both organizational and coaching is something that both would find interesting. Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Gruden has been closer to the game than Cowher over the last decade and how is that shaking out?

Gruden was a clown commentator comedian trying to be like John Madden 

The Raiders may stink this season and he made some questionable trades but he owns the 1st round in the 2019 NFL draft. 

No one predicted the Raiders to win the Super Bowl this season. 

I bet Gruden in year 4 is more successful than Todd Bowles in year 4. 

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

Is McCarthy on the hot seat? If so that's a no brainer.....

Bring Pettine back with him LOL 

Mccarthy is garbage. Aaron Rodgers makes that offense/team go, not Mccarthy.   Plus there is a long history of former NFL Super Bowl winning head coaches failing to reach that level with their new teams. 
We want a new young offensive minded coach that is more suitable for today's NFL. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Gruden was a clown commentator comedian trying to be like John Madden 

The Raiders may stink this season and he made some questionable trades but he owns the 1st round in the 2019 NFL draft. 

No one predicted the Raiders to win the Super Bowl this season. 

I bet Gruden in year 4 is more successful than Todd Bowles in year 4. 

Guaranteed. I am not going to defend Gruden the HC (although he has had success) but these trades were no-brainers. With Mack and Cooper the Raiders could have won 6-7 games. Been respectable on MNF and made the season ticket holders happier. But how would that have helped this team win a super bowl? 

Now he has cap room and a TON of high draft picks that can help him rebuild for Vegas. Whether he hits on those picks or not will be the way to judge him. But in this modern Twitter-verse where we want instant results, it's fun for everyone to LOL at Gruden to make themselves feel better. 

22 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The Steelers have still been great in the draft for the last 12 years that Cowher has been gone.

And Tom Donahoe and Kevin Colbert were the personnel guys throughout Cowher’s coaching tenure in Pittsburgh. Two guys who certainly knew what they were/are doing.

Shanahan was the de facto football czar for his last 10 years in Denver and during his entire stint in Washington. He knows how all of this sh*t works from top to bottom.

Cowher at the very least worked very closely with all those guys for 12 years

Good GMs don’t grow on trees.  It’s not like Bill Polian is lobbying hard to work for Woody Johnson

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mccarthy is garbage. Aaron Rodgers makes that offense/team go, not Mccarthy.   Plus there is a long history of former NFL Super Bowl winning head coaches failing to reach that level with their new teams. 
We want a new young offensive minded coach that is more suitable for today's NFL. 

Besides the packers D sucking I thought some of McCarthy’s playcalls were strange to say the least

1 hour ago, varjet said:

How many openings are there going to be?

Neither DeFellippo or any other real offensive minded coach is joining the Jets unless the front office is fixed.  It’s futeless.  

well, it looks like they won't have to wait until the superbowl to try and hire this guy.  it doesn't seem like the eagles are going to do much even if they make the playoffs.

Archived