Why is Macagnan escaping the purge?

Philc1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's rex.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/12/todd-bowles-isnt-the-jets-culprit-who-made-rex-ryan-explode/

he may have a point or two about mac but rex needs to remember all of those footballs he buried after his team got buried and then there was the butt fumble.  i'm no mac lover.  he's clearly on thin ice and he just doesn't seem up to the task of running the jets.  there's not much that he's done that others couldn't do and do better.  but rex should also remember he got tanny and idzik fired.

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

here's rex.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/12/todd-bowles-isnt-the-jets-culprit-who-made-rex-ryan-explode/

he may have a point or two about mac but rex needs to remember all of those footballs he buried after his team got buried and then there was the butt fumble.  i'm no mac lover.  he's clearly on thin ice and he just doesn't seem up to the task of running the jets.  there's not much that he's done that others couldn't do and do better.  but rex should also remember he got tanny and idzik fired.

In 2013 Rex went 8-8 with an even crappier roster and Geno Smith as his starting qb

Just now, Philc1 said:

The team that’s going to win as many or more games than us? 

You are in Mac/Bowles defense overload today

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You actually think that? I have said that I wavered on Mac and Bowles can go elsewhere. I go by fair play and the facts.

I can see advantages to keeping Macc and I can see advantages to firing him. That's the way it is.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

You actually think that? I have said that I wavered on Mac and Bowles can go elsewhere. I go by fair play and the facts.

I can see advantages to keeping Macc and I can see advantages to firing him. That's the way it is.

Use the giants to deflect from your two heroes Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Where are we getting 3 wins from on our schedule?

I didn't say we were going to finish 6-10 but hopefully we do because that means Darnold is dragging us through the mud.

I can see us winning the next Buffalo game and one of either HOU/TEN... 5-11

12 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No wonder I blocked you before. 

Giants won last night btw.  That dumpster fire will equal or better our dumpster fire’s 3 wins

So you better block me again if you continue to defend Bowles and Mike Macagnan 

12 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

12 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I didn't say we were going to finish 6-10 but hopefully we do because that means Darnold is dragging us through the mud.

I can see us winning the next Buffalo game and one of either HOU/TEN... 5-11

I can see us getting blown out all three of those games

On 11/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, varjet said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember when Bradway was the GM and Tannenbaum did the contracts.

One morning we woke up and Tannenbaum was the GM and Bradway was the Scouting Director.  He stayed in that position a long time.  In fact, Bradway was blamed for some of Idzik's picks.

It would not surprise me is something similar happened with Maccagnan.  I do believe that the combination of Bowles and the Johnsons affected Mac's GMing negatively.  But in any event, Mac owns a very low talent roster and needs to be demoted or fired.  I do think think there is an aversion to a complete redo, and keeping Mac around while potentially promoting Heimerdinger and/or bringing in a Director of Football Operations could make the front office work better.

But Bowles is not working as a coach.  And it is not because he can't coach at all-he did an ok job in 2015 and as a DC in 2014.  He just seems too inflexible and stubborn   As we all know, we are ultimately judged by the ability to delegate and build a team.  It seems like Bowles was very fixated on surrounding himself with loyalists as opposed to people that would help him win.  

That was his undoing.  

Let me refresh your memory, basically ALL 10 wins were Fools Gold.  I've never seen a Jet team face a more powderpuff schedule than they did in 2015, if they faced the identical schedule as they played this year the 2015 team would have won 6 games tops.  Also, virtually ALL 10 wins were very difficult, against all bottom feeders they barely eked  out those 10 wins, when it was time to really play ball the last week of the season to make the playoffs, Rex Ryan ran circles around Bowles strategically, with a team that was 1/2 injured, who hadn't practiced all week due to blizzards and Ryan telling them to look out for their families.  Greg Salas had a field day playing WR against the "defensive genius" Bowles.

Look the owners don't have the slightest clue what they're doing, how much more evidence do you need?  Going to some consulting firm like they have to hire some financial professional, then asking some windbag like Casserly as to whom to hire (Belichick about Casserly:  He hasn't been right about anything in years).  They ONLY act when the Embarrassment Meter is pegged to close to breaking, right now, this second, they're basically in hiding.  The Jets will NEVER win as long as they own the team, just as the Mets will never win as long as their owners own the team, just as the Knicks will never win as long as their owner owns the team.....just watch all the action and awful football like you're watching a COMEDY, much less painful.  Or better yet, don't watch at all.

I heard a good point made tonight.  If they REALLY cared about Bowles like they say they do..they'd fire him, for his own good, the pressure would be totally off the guy, he's not a Head Coach, that was obvious YEARS ago (Giants see that, they cut bait...quickly, not these clueless guys), now he has 6 whole weeks to run a gauntlet and take huge heat and abuse from the media, the fans, you name it, and he's getting fired anyway after the year is over.  The Johnson's know this much, their team won't have 12 fans left of Bowles is standing on the sideline Week 1 in 2019, so why keep him as a lame duck?  For continuity as they claim?  Continuity of what?  They just had street FA's drop 40 points on their "defensive genius", he wouldn't know Offense if it were an alarm clock on full blast.  He's already responsible for Darnold getting hurt, playing not only a garbage Vet, but a garbage Vet who is HURT haha (that's another one  of his MOs, play every vet no matter how bad they play, to try to divert criticsm from himself).  It's not all his fault by a long-shot.  Maccagnan should be fired the same day, roster is worse now then when he took over 4 YEARS ago.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why?  He was a ******* horror at "buying the groceries" and he personally rubber stamped Bowles, Sparano (RIP), Bradway, etc. 

Rumor has it that at a Jets fan event (BBQ), Mac bought veggie burgers and expired cheese. Completely forgot condiments. Ruined the whole thing. Much like with this roster. 

On 11/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

How many times last season did you tell us that "at least we're not the Browns."

How is that working out for you?

I've said it in other threads - Mac has done a good job of finding guys who are good back end rotational players, but he has failed to find guys who are real impact players. So I can see an argument for keeping him around for another year. 

HOWEVER, if you do keep him, you run a huge risk of hiring a new coach & then firing his GM after 1 year. Who do you attract as GM when there is a coach in place who he did not have approval on? I think Mac needs to go too. 

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Very well thank you. The Browns despite having more talent than the Jets do do not have the wins to match it. 

So, the Browns have more talent, a better record, and a head to head win against the Jets, but the Jets are better.  Got it!

Archived