Sources: Jags likely to consider Ramsey trade - DO IT!

Gas2No99

Jamsey is an overatted loudmouth.  We have one overpaid underperforming corner and now we should trade picks for another.
The football knowledge of this fanbase is so low its mindboggling.

Not for nothing, but I’m watching that loudmouth dismantle Rothlisberger at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Jaguars likely to consider trading Jalen Ramsey in offseason

Adam Schefter

ESPN Senior Writer

Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey is likely to be one of the many players whose names will unexpectedly emerge in trade talks this offseason.

Ramsey is slowly but surely forcing the Jaguars into considering a blockbuster trade this offseason, league sources told ESPN.

One league source said he "absolutely" believes the Jaguars will entertain the idea of trading Ramsey, while an NFL general manager said he would not be surprised if that's the route the Jaguars decide to pursue.

Much of this has been brought on by Ramsey, who tweeted last week: "When I'm gone from here, y'all gone miss me."

Ramsey addressed the tweet on Thursday, saying it was meant for "fake fans" who haven't stuck with the Jaguars, who have been among the biggest disappointments in the NFL this season. The Jaguars went 10-6, won the AFC South and reached the conference championship game last season.

But despite starting 3-1 this season, Jacksonville (3-6) is last in the AFC South thanks to a five-game losing streak.

Ramsey emphasized Thursday that he wants "to play for one team my whole career," but his behavior has caught the attention of his team, according to sources. The outspoken cornerback has made headlines multiple times in recent years because of his brash opinions -- both about himself and opposing players.

As unthinkable as trading away a player of Ramsey's caliber would be, bear in mind that the Giants considered trading Odell Beckham Jr. last offseason before deciding to sign the star receiver to a long-term contract.

Ramsey has next season and a fifth-year option remaining on his contract with the Jaguars, who will either have to make him the highest-paid cornerback in the game or make the decision to move on from him.

Another high paid CB.  Oh, goody!

16 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I wouldn’t want OBJ and I don’t want Ramsey... no locker room divas

I dont even see the point of man covering CBs anymore, since they cannot use their hands, crown a receiver downfield--or pretty much do anything.  They cannot shut down the good wideouts.  Go with zone and build up your offense.  At least zones get INTs

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

You aren’t just signing him. You’re giving up a top draft pick for him and we’re already without a 2nd rounder.

All for a diva of a CB.

F*ck that noise

I’ve been saying this for months now. Use FA to bring in a playmaking back like Bell, a pair of edgerushers (which this FA market will have), re-sign Enunwa and then attack OL and WR early in the draft.

Seriously.  These people are delusional.  Then they’ll wonder why come draft time the Jets won’t pick until day two 3rd round with pick 85.  Stupid. 

20 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

This guy Is a cancer, from day one while still in HS, not what you need on this team.  

He will do and say, what is best for him, not a team player at all.

A Cancer?  Dude lost 1 game his first 2 seasons at FSU and has a National Championship.  Led the Jags of all teams to what should have been a Super Bowl berth.  Not sure how you would define that as cancerous.  

A diva?  Sure.  A cancer?  Nah.  

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

isn't ramsey pretty old (for a corner)?  there's another thread about johnson's age and how he hit paydirt with his contract.  so now we're talking about another older db who may be more of a cancer.

Old? Are you kidding? Quite the assumption when it can be easily looked up. He’s not old at all. He just turned 24 a few weeks ago. 

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

A Cancer?  Dude lost 1 game his first 2 seasons at FSU and has a National Championship.  Led the Jags of all teams to what should have been a Super Bowl berth.  Not sure how you would define that as cancerous.  

A diva?  Sure.  A cancer?  Nah.  

Character.

No thanks. Not unless we get rid of Trumaine Johnson and his contract and the price tag is reasonable for a trade (which it won't be). Jamal Adams is going to get a nice payday and Marcus Maye looks like he is going to be a rare non 1st round pick who signs a second contract with the Jets. We don't need to tie up all that money in the secondary. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't say he's a cancer but he definitely has a few drops of crazy in his blood.  But it's not like he's out there getting arrested or poisoning the locker room.

He is a very good player but the Jets don't really need him right now.  Money needs to be spent on offense.  He's the type of guy a team that already has an offense brings in as a last piece.

Archived