With Mayfiled lighting up the league for the past month and fun personality are you starting to wish Darnold didn't fall to us?

Jetsbb

Do you wish we had Mayfield lighting it up on the field and in the newspapers?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish we had Mayfield lighting it up on the field and in the newspapers?

• Wish Mayfiled was my QB
    • No Happy with Darnold having a typical rookie year

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically when rookies play good defenses they struggle. Shows those that are counting Darnold out are jumping the gun. Mayfield and Darnold will be good in time. Mayfield has just played easier defenses relative to Darnold. And Baker hasn’t had to deal with a bad center snapping curveballs.

15 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

So basically when rookies play good defenses they struggle. Shows those that are counting Darnold out are jumping the gun. Mayfield and Darnold will be good in time. Mayfield has just played easier defenses relative to Darnold. And Baker hasn’t had to deal with a bad center snapping curveballs.

Mayfield is older and has more College games played but none of that should take away from how well he's played as a rookie. Darnold is still liable to have 2 fumbles a game, the coaching staff need to tutor him on how to hold onto the ball. Both should do well going forward but Mayfield is the better of the two right now.

1 minute ago, FollowMe said:

Mayfield is older and has more College games played but none of that should take away from how well he's played as a rookie. Darnold is still liable to have 2 fumbles a game, the coaching staff need to tutor him on how to hold onto the ball. Both should do well going forward but Mayfield is the better of the two right now.

11B, Bro?

7 minutes ago, FollowMe said:

Darnold has only fumbled 4 times this year and I think that includes the bad snap from Long. Baker has 5 fumbles. Darnold has had some issues to start his career. Fumbling hasn’t been one.

The point of my post wasn’t to say who is better right now. The point was that you can’t write off a player based on their rookie season. Darnold is young and has little experience. I expected Baker to get off to a better start which is why I preferred him during the draft.

10 minutes ago, FollowMe said:

This is ridiculous.  Try watching a game.

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Over/under on Baker INTs today .... 5?

He is looking rather Sam-mish today isn’t he? ? But at least he’s out there playing, making mistakes and hopefully learning. That’s what  you want your rookie QB to do. Develop.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Just saw a stat that baker has thrown 3 ints in his last 6 pass attempts. Wouldn’t exactly say that is “lighting up the league”

Mayfield had a TERRIBLE first half.  Just 46 yards and 3INT's  He literally kept throwing the intermediate pass and the Texans were playing soft underneath the routes. The Texans defense definitely confused him in that 1st half. 

I do like the that he had an incredible bounce back though. 351 yards and a 1 TD 0INT's  in the 2nd half. It's good to see that he can have such a sh*t start but not have a complete meltdown. 

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Mayfield had a TERRIBLE first half.  Just 46 yards and 3INT's  He literally kept throwing the intermediate pass and the Texans were playing soft underneath the routes. The Texans defense definitely confused him in that 1st half. 

I do like the that he had an incredible bounce back though. 351 yards and a 1 TD 0INT's  in the 2nd half. It's good to see that he can have such a sh*t start but not have a complete meltdown. 

Was hugh back in there during first half  calling int instead of TDs or does opposition strength matter ?

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yes, prevent defenses are good for stats.

Archived