• Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jet Life said:

For the Jets to beat SF in SOS they will need 3 of the following 4 results

NYG over DAL

TB over ATL

BAL over CLE

LAC over DEN

Dallas is going to play that like it’s the third preseason game and the Giants want to win that one badly anyway, so that’s a mortal lock.

Denver has folded, but the Chargers are weird enough to lose that game. Still, you’d think Rovers would get them over the top with a late TD, plus I think they’ll have Melvin Gordon at full speed.

Baltimore is crazy hot since Lamar took over, especially defensively, and you’d think they’ll handle Mayfield, but Mayfield is going to treat this like the Super Bowl, so it’s a coin flip, IMO.

Tampa and the Falcons suck, but only the Falcons care about saving their coach, so there’s no way the Bucs pull this off.

Still, the first overall would be nice. Bosa is very good and teams would come up for him. Right now, he’s probabky the only guy teams would give you a substantial return for.

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

Amazingly, I think all four of those are favored the way we need them to go.  Small lines and varying at different sites but still...helpful.

NYG favored by 2.5 (home) 

TB favored by 1.5 (home) [this one may be a pick'em on most sites]

BAL favored by 4.5 (home)

LAC favored by 5.5 (away)

This is crazy, I think every one of these things happen. Dallas will be resting players, Ravens D stifle Baker, Chargers D will crush that horrible Broncos offense, I could see Falcons beating Bucs, but, Falcons D stinks & Winston plays well with no pressure. 

Amazingly, I think all four of those are favored the way we need them to go.  Small lines and varying at different sites but still...helpful.
NYG favored by 2.5 (home) 
TB favored by 1.5 (home) [this one may be a pick'em on most sites]
BAL favored by 4.5 (home)
LAC favored by 5.5 (away)

And if a miracle happens and Arizona beats Seattle we could get to 1, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There’s always a shocker at the end of the season, the trouble is I genuinely think it’s likely to be us.....handing the Patriots a humiliating 30 point loss in their own backyard!

If it was any other team I would be furious if we win. But I could live with a great game for Sam, the upset as a message that this is the way it is going to be for the next 10 years and the Cheatriots lose their bye. And if they lose their bye they’re going nowhere. But I suppose I still would prefer the loss.

23 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

If it was any other team I would be furious if we win. But I could live with a great game for Sam, the upset as a message that this is the way it is going to be for the next 10 years and the Cheatriots lose their bye. And if they lose their bye they’re going nowhere. But I suppose I still would prefer the loss.

Would be amazing to end the season the polar opposite of the way we ended last year. And unpopular though this is I believe Bowles deserves a big finish if for no other reason than being a classy human being who gave it his best shot. Would be happy for him and his future prospects 

The fact we pick no worse than 5 is fine by me although of course a top 2 pick could be huge. Especially if we can parlay it into a few extra picks. We need that 2nd rounder back and an additional 1st in 2020 would be sweet. Not having to get a franchise QB changes everything.

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Number three is a great spot to trade down from.

Right now the top three teams won't draft a quarterback.

Why trade up to 1 or 2 when you can trade up to three to get one?

Probably not. As it stands, the first team that might want to draft a QB is the Giants at #6. Why trade up to #3 when you could trade up to #5? 

I really think the Jets would be better off beating NE and dropping down a bit where they're not reaching too much for offensive talent. The third pick in the draft is prime DT territory this year. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Even if we win, we will do no worse than 5.

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Number three is a great spot to trade down from.

Right now the top three teams won't draft a quarterback.

Why trade up to 1 or 2 when you can trade up to three to get one?

Unless the Jets are at #2 and we make it clear that we are looking for a trade down.

If we can trade back, pickup two first and a second, oh yea. 

4 hours ago, slats said:

Probably not. As it stands, the first team that might want to draft a QB is the Giants at #6. Why trade up to #3 when you could trade up to #5? 

I really think the Jets would be better off beating NE and dropping down a bit where they're not reaching too much for offensive talent. The third pick in the draft is prime DT territory this year. 

It's rarely that simple.  A team could trade up to 5 only to be leapfrogged.  Nobody between 1 and 6 was taking a QB last year but we still traded up so nobody else could jump us as easily.  Had we stayed at 6, someone could very well have jumped us once Darnold dropped to 3.  You move up to be sure.  It would not shock me if there is a trade up to 1 or 2 for a QB depending on how things look closer to April.

6 hours ago, slats said:

Regardless, best strategy would be to trade back. Let someone else take Bosa, Oliver or whatever prized DL. If we can get a few xtra picks, if would go a long way in solidifying the offense.

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Regardless, best strategy would be to trade back. Let someone else take Bosa, Oliver or whatever prized DL. If we can get a few xtra picks, if would go a long way in solidifying the offense.

I'm always in favor of trading back. Outside of Bosa and a team that falls in love with a particular QB, I don't think is a year where teams are going to get good value trading down. The top of the draft is deep with front seven guys, but what I've read says the whole draft is deep with them, too. If they're hell-bent to trade down, I don't think we'll be happy with how that trade looks against the draft pick value chart of your choice. 

12 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm always in favor of trading back. Outside of Bosa and a team that falls in love with a particular QB, I don't think is a year where teams are going to get good value trading down. The top of the draft is deep with front seven guys, but what I've read says the whole draft is deep with them, too. If they're hell-bent to trade down, I don't think we'll be happy with how that trade looks against the draft pick value chart of your choice. 

I don’t trust this GM outside the top 6

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don’t trust this GM outside the top 6

I'm currently holding out hope that they land their big game head coach and Maccagnan's job is reduced to basically doing whatever said big game head coach wants. 

This will be my position until the Jets hire a coordinator I never heard of after a few coordinators I have heard of turn them down. 

5 hours ago, slats said:

I want a Tackle. And there’s a few top ones there so I don’t give 2 hoots where we get one at 2 or 3 or 7 or 8. Draft value is overvalued IMO. Brandon Scheff was taken at 5 by Redskins and he’s been a great pick for them as was Martin for the Cowboys. If we get the top pick, Bosa is a no brainer. After that, I’d trade back, grab a T and get that xtra pick which should be at least a 2nd or 3rd. We gave up three 2’s to move up just 3 spots! 

5 hours ago, slats said:

I'm currently holding out hope that they land their big game head coach and Maccagnan's job is reduced to basically doing whatever said big game head coach wants. 

This will be my position until the Jets hire a coordinator I never heard of after a few coordinators I have heard of turn them down. 

This is why it’s imperative they land a guy like Harbaugh who will instantly change the culture of this franchise. He will develop Sam and make sure he’s protected properly. Develop inside out, OLine, running game, then WR’s. The defense can wait after the offense is set and dangerous. Sam MUST be the focal point. Having a balanced offense protects Sam. Running the ball protects Sam, tires out opposing defenses, opens up the passing game and keeps your defense off the field. Rex had the right idea. He just didn’t have the right QB and damn near still went to the SB twice in his first 2 years. 

Archived