Bieniemy interviewing today in KC

IndianaJet

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No one cares. FACT.

Did you fail to read the post above yours?  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you may have started yours before it was posted but that's it.  Everyone let this crap go.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL Rumors: Eric Bieniemy Schedules HC Interviews with Jets, Dolphins, More

TIM DANIELSJANUARY 2, 2019

Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy is reportedly scheduled to interview with the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals about their head coaching vacancies during the Chiefs' playoff bye this week.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported the update Wednesday and noted Bieniemy also turned down an offer to interview with the Arizona Cardinals.

The 49-year-old New Orleans native spent five years as Kansas City's running backs coach from 2013 through 2017 before getting promoted to offensive coordinator for 2018.

Bieniemy, a nine-year NFL running back with San Diego, Cincinnati and Philadelphia, owns nearly two decades of coaching experience as an assistant at both the collegiate and pro levels. He served as offensive coordinator at the University of Colorado, his alma mater, in 2011 and 2012.

The Chiefs' offensive success in 2018 has made him one of the NFL's hottest coaching candidates. K.C. ranked first in both total offense (425.6 yards per game) and scoring offense (35.3 points per game) to earn the top seed in the AFC postseason with a 12-4 record.

Breakout quarterback Patrick Mahomes vouched for his offensive coordinator Monday.

"He'd be an awesome head coach. I mean, he has that mindset, that work ethic and that determination that you need to be a head coach in this league," he told reporters. "I know he's had the interest and stuff like that. But, you know, he'll still be a hundred in on what we're doing. And, he'd be an amazing coach."

The Jets have the most promising quarterback situation of the four teams Bieniemy is set to interview with thanks to the presence of Sam Darnold. The third overall pick in the 2018 draft had an up-and-down rookie campaign with 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions and could benefit from a new offensive approach.

Bieniemy will bring that wherever he lands if he ultimately accepts an offer to leave Kansas City to become a head coach for the first time in his career.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I wish I had a 1-hour ban option because I would gladly use it to make a point.  Cut the stupid crap out and let's get this thread back on track.  If anyone tries to play dumb with me on this, they will get the hammer because I'm not feeling all sunshiney today so no response to this is probably best.

Back on point.  I am a little intrigued by this one.  I think he's a long shot at best, but this could be setting him up well for a much better shot next year.  The knocks on him for now is 1) He wasn't a QB or a QB coach and 2) he didn't call the plays in KC like Nagy did last year or Pederman before him.  But Reid and the players speak very highly of him and I think he'll be on a few short lists by next year.  

for me, solid choice to interview so you have comps.

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting and yet Reid has only been to one SB and never won one. 

I remember seeing an article or vid segment on this. The best coaching trees are the ones started by coaches who have either won 1 or no SBs, but have won a lot of games because those coaches are the teachers who develop assistants in their coaching careers.  Reid has not won a title, but he has been very successful in the NFL and has been a good teacher to his assistants, the same as Holmgren was to him

It's one of the reasons that Belichick's coaching tree sucks is because he's a singular talent and is not a good teacher.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy is reportedly scheduled to interview with the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals about their head coaching vacancies during the Chiefs' playoff bye this week.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported the update Wednesday and noted Bieniemy also turned down an offer to interview with the Arizona Cardinals.

Poor Arizona.  Nobody seems to want that job.  They have a young QB with potential and the 1st pick in the draft and still can't get a date.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Man oh man, thank GOODNESS for Sam Darnold. He's really giving this team hope. Any prospect is gonna first look at the QB position and you see Sam and feel good about it. Finally. 

I'm not looking at Tampa, Miami and Cincy and getting that same feeling. Winston? Hell no. Miami won't have a QB once they cut Tannehill. Dalton? Hell no again. 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Poor Arizona.  Nobody seems to want that job.  They have a young QB with potential and the 1st pick in the draft and still can't get a date.

and they have a "warm" climate... jajajajaja

Seriously, though...  Rosen is a certifiable twat. 

I remember reading somewhere he was the most " NFL ready" of Baker Samd and himself. And thinking, well, i guess I can bear with him...     i think i'd be real dark if this guy was our QB

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

and they have a "warm" climate... jajajajaja

Seriously, though...  Rosen is a certifiable twat. 

I remember reading somewhere he was the most " NFL ready" of Baker Samd and himself. And thinking, well, i guess I can bear with him...     i think i'd be real dark if this guy was our QB

I liked him a lot before the draft.  Looking back, we did good.  If the Giants had taken Sam, that draft might have been the biggest disaster in our oh, so dark draft history.  

i generally don't like picking up coordinators of the same ilk as the head coach. Andy Reid's past offensive coodinator's have done well, but i'm stil skeptical.

I do NOT want McCarthy though. #1 Rule in hiring a coach, NEVER EVER EVER hire a coach who has already won a super bowl. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

BTW, Bienemy turned down AZ interview.

Right now, a guy by the name B0bMane on the CardinalNation.com fan site is celebrating Christmas and his Birthday all in the same.

thats 2 coaches that turned down the Cards and are interviewing with us...........maybe we arent the dumster fire that so many posters are making us out to be. 

I don't think this is a "fake" interview like some have said. He's a legit candidate who comes from one of the more successful coaching lines of late.  But no matter what it is, this will still appease the rooney rule which is productive as well. There is a lot going on. 

I just hope McCarthy doesn't agree to accept the Cleveland job tomorrow prior to interviewing with the Jets.  I wonder what would feel worse. McCarthy taking the job in Cleveland before meeting us or meeting with both and choosing Cleveland. I actually think the former would be better from an outlook standpoint, but I am really hoping he can come here and be impressed with what we are trying to put together. Our facilities are upper tier from what I've read and heard over the years as well. That's another plus. 

Let McCarthy meet with Sam! That outa seal the deal! 

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I don't think this is a "fake" interview like some have said. He's a legit candidate who comes from one of the more successful coaching lines of late.  But no matter what it is, this will still appease the rooney rule which is productive as well. There is a lot going on. 

I just hope McCarthy doesn't agree to accept the Cleveland job tomorrow prior to interviewing with the Jets.  I wonder what would feel worse. McCarthy taking the job in Cleveland before meeting us or meeting with both and choosing Cleveland. I actually think the former would be better from an outlook standpoint, but I am really hoping he can come here and be impressed with what we are trying to put together. Our facilities are upper tier from what I've read and heard over the years as well. That's another plus. 

Let McCarthy meet with Sam! That outa seal the deal! 

Actually, let him meet with Baker.  THAT ought to seal the deal for us :)

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Rooney Rule done.  On to the next one...

Lol why would they travel all the way to KC to satisfy the Rooney Rule they could easily interview someone on there own staff to satisfy the Rule . Both Bieniemy and Richard seem there under real consideration to me . 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Come to ME! Yo all must come TO ME!!!

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol why would they travel all the way to KC to satisfy the Rooney Rule they could easily interview someone on there own staff to satisfy the Rule . Both Bieniemy and Richard seem there under real consideration to me . 

I agree. Ya never know, maybe EB blows their socks off? 

I think it's a solid candidate.

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Agreed.  In my OP I in no way shape or form meant to imply that this was a fake interview.   

But, it is what it is, when it comes to the Rooney rule.  It is actually kind of smart to get that interview done first if you can, this way if that guy, or any guy that follows him really impresses, you have nothing preventing you from making an immediate offer.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not all coordinators are cut out to be head coaches. 

And this applies to Eric Beiniemy because for some unknown reason, he reminds you of Todd Bowles, even though their career paths are literally nothing alike.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

And this applies to Eric Beiniemy because for some unknown reason, he reminds you of Todd Bowles, even though their career paths are literally nothing alike.

He doesn't remind me of anyone. 

What I see in Beiniemy is a coordinator who has been with the Chiefs for a long time as  RB coach a team that really hasn't won anything and only because of Mahomes and a solid roster they are getting attention and winning games this season as offensive coordinator. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I know of a recently fired 4 yr. HC from NY who they might be interested in.

it's probably 1 year early for bienemy but offense and the chiefs are hot now so who knows if he impresses he may land a job

Don't know how he prepared for the next playoff game and 3 interviews

That's pretty amazing right there tbh

Just now, Larz said:

it's probably 1 year early for bienemy but offense and the chiefs are hot now so who knows if he impresses he may land a job

Well KC has a bye so that makes it a bit easier to squeeze in this week.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Agreed. I think he needs a little more experience as an OC before I would consider him.

Archived