Bieniemy interviewing today in KC

IndianaJet

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, nycdan said:

I liked him a lot before the draft.  Looking back, we did good.  If the Giants had taken Sam, that draft might have been the biggest disaster in our oh, so dark draft history.  

The Mac apologists around these parts will NEVER acknowledge that Mac had us at about an ass-hair away from getting stuck with Josh Rosen or Josh Allen.  Lady luck gets an assist here because Gettleman went RB instead of QB.

How different the Mac discussions would have been if either of the Josh's were our future instead of Darnold.  

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed. I think he needs a little more experience as an OC before I would consider him.

As player:
As coach:

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well KC has a bye so that makes it a bit easier to squeeze in this week.

He will be expected to lay out a vision for the future of 3 teams and discuss their roster in detail. Even with help from his agent that's a lot

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He doesn't remind me of anyone. 

What I see in Beiniemy is a coordinator who has been with the Chiefs for a long time a team that really hasn't won anything and only because of Mahomes and a solid roster they are getting attention and winning games this season. 

I think the success of Nagy in Chicago has a lot to do with it as well. Nagy was the OC for only two years under Reid. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nagy and McVay are freaks out of the ordinary HC's I wish we could hire a HC like them. 

That would require thinking out the box which is exactly what the jets are doing with majority of there interviews so far.  Kliff ,Eric and Todd fit the mold . 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

That would require thinking out the box which is exactly what the jets are doing with majority of there interviews so far.  Kliff ,Eric and Todd fit the mold . 

Kliff would be an intriguing signing and I would say why not us if we are looking for a Nagy or McVay. 

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Two things:

1) Is Chris Johnson on this trip or is it just Macc?

2) Rooney rule interview done, that means if they love McCarthy (or anyone else) they can offer him on the spot.

& so OUR epic journey begins..

2A14B7DB00000578-0-image-a-16_1435572629

?

13 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I would prefer that you are correct however the fact that he is the 1st interview leaves me suspicious.

Why not Kliff Klingon or someone else 1st?

If I could figure out why the heck they're interviewing Klingon at all I'd probably agree.  Bieniemy can only interview this week, until the Chiefs are out of the play offs.  Now or never

IMO Bieniemy has earned an interview.  Probably kills 2 birds with one stone

Jets’ first coaching interview is with Eric Bieniemy

January 2, 2019 | 10:39am | Updated 

Modal Trigger
Eric Bieniemy
Eric Bieniemy

The Jets’ coaching search is taking the next step Wednesday in Kansas City.

The Jets brass is there to interview Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy for their head coaching opening, according to a source. Bieniemy is the first person known to interview for the job.

The 49-year-old has only been the Chiefs coordinator for one year, but he has been with the Chiefs since 2013, serving as the team’s running backs coach in that time. This year, he has overseen an offense that was No. 1 in the NFL, averaging 425.6 yards per game behind star quarterback Patrick Mahomes. Bieniemy did not call plays for the Chiefs, but he called plays at the University of Colorado when he was the offensive coordinator there in 2011-12.

Bieniemy will also interview with the Buccaneers on Wednesday and the Dolphins on Thursday, according to reports. The Chiefs have a bye this week before opening up the playoffs next weekend.

The other known candidates for the Jets are former Packers coach Mike McCarthy, former Lions coach Jim Caldwell, USC offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, Cowboys defensive passing game coordinator/DBs coach Kris Richard and Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I just said Bieniemy calling the shots making the Jets come to him. Which basically he did not making anything up!!!!!

You would be better off saying you were making it up to be funny. Instead of insisting, still, that hes calling the shots

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

My comment is meant that he rode Bruce Arian's coat tails for any and all success and then failed miserably as a HC. 

And I stand by my comment.  Any and every assistant can be said to have gotten the job on their HCs tail.  Of course I can also say what did Arians have to do with it, Bowles was seen as a young, good DC.  What does that have to do with riding an offensive HCs tails?

Answer, nothing. 

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is certainly a professional courtesy. i have seen some teams decline ( I believe that Parcells did not allow some during his tenure with the Jets).

You should want your people to succeed and aspire to have opportunities. It is a classy move.

I dont think teams to can deny any longer for HC positions. They can deny for lateral moves, and addidng the assistant HC moniker is still just considered lateral.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And I stand by my comment.  Any and every assistant can be said to have gotten the job on their HCs tail.  Of course I can also say what did Arians have to do with it, Bowles was seen as a young, good DC.  What does that have to do with riding an offensive HCs tails?

Answer, nothing. 

Where would Todd Bowles be today without Bruce Arians?  

Good DC could have fooled me he was 21-40 with some of the worst defensive performances by any NY Jets team and he failed to recognize Kacy Rodgers is a bum and retained him. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Where would Todd Bowles be today without Bruce Arians?  

Good DC could have fooled me he was 21-40 with some of the worst defensive performances by any NY Jets team. 

I dont know, how about Belichich without Parcells?  Roll that one around for awhile.

Reid without Walsh, Gruden too?  Should we keep going?  

All those who worked under Lombardi? 

Need more?  Arians rode the coattails of Tomlin

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont know, how about Belichich without Parcells?  Roll that one around for awhile.

Reid without Walsh, Gruden too?  Should we keep going?  

All those who worked under Lombardi? 

Need more?  Arians rode the coattails of Tomlin

Belechick won,Reid won, Gruden won first go round, Bowles failed miserably and showed nothing positive. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Belechick won,Reid won, Gruden won first go round, Bowles failed miserably. 

Are you trying to be this lost?  Belichich won where before being a HC?  He was a DC under Parcells and rode that into a HC gig.  

Gruden started as an assistant.  Who gives a damn when they won?  

Do you even understand what claiming he got the job only because of the HC he worked under means? LOL you are really just a troll who cant say ok, i get what youre saying

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you trying to be this lost?  Belichich won where before being a HC?  He was a DC under Parcells and rode that into a HC gig.  

Gruden started as an assistant.  Who gives a damn when they won?  

Do you even understand what claiming he got the job only because of the HC he worked under means? LOL you are really just a troll who cant say ok, i get what youre saying

They won after getting HC jobs. 

Bowles was a failure and he rode Bruce Arians coat tails only reason he got a HC job. 

You hate to be proven wrong so you revolt to name calling same old sh*t with you. 

Back to IGNORE 

You've chosen to ignore content by Jet Nut.

5 hours ago, SMC said:

I remember seeing an article or vid segment on this. The best coaching trees are the ones started by coaches who have either won 1 or no SBs, but have won a lot of games because those coaches are the teachers who develop assistants in their coaching careers.  Reid has not won a title, but he has been very successful in the NFL and has been a good teacher to his assistants, the same as Holmgren was to him

It's one of the reasons that Belichick's coaching tree sucks is because he's a singular talent and is not a good teacher.

The one knock on the 1 or none SB titles by coaches with good trees is the head of the greatest coaching tree of all, Bill Walsh. Walsh won multiple titles and is the father of the West Coast Offense. His tree includes a ton of guys and still has influence today. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

My comment is meant that he rode Bruce Arian's coat tails for any and all success and then failed miserably as a HC. 

That's ridiculous. Bowles won Assistant Coach of the Year.  He was a good DC. The problem is that like many other successful coordinators he couldn't make the transition to HC (Wade Phillips, Greg Williams, Jack Del Rio, etc.).  There's a big difference between being a good coordinator and a good HC.  Bowles will easily get another DC job out there and be good at it.

Just now, SMC said:

That's ridiculous. Bowles won Assistant Coach of the Year.  He was a good DC. The problem is that like many other successful coordinators he couldn't make the transition to HC (Wade Phillips, Greg Williams, Jack Del Rio, etc.).  There's a big difference between being a good coordinator and a good HC.  Bowles will easily get another DC job out there and be good at it.

The cards defense was still top ranked after he left.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Assistant Coach of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mike Maccagnan won Executive of the Year  neither one amounted to any success here. 

Good luck to Todd Bowles the Jets defense was terrible he was that good at it. 

Todd Bowles 23-40 as NY Jets HC 4 years of FAILURE. 

Archived