Antonio Brown says he is about to announce his new team in a bit.

Lupz27

9 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

It probably comes from listening to his sanctimonious preaching and endless monologues consisting of mindless obvious bullsh*t over the course of  several thousand football broadcasts. Or it could be the "Features" he hosted, where he spoke about football as if he had invented the game itself, while lording over some wide eyed college prospect, who he had convinced that they were the reincarnation of Joe Montana. Or it just may be that people see through his phony fake ass public persona, and see him for the evil little troll, he surely is.  I hope this helps you to better understand.

You've got to learn how to voice an opinion  and stick with it Joe. LOL.

I understand how Gruden can be polarizing to so many. I don't think ESPN did him any favors by over exposing him the way they did. He began to grate on a lot of nerves after a while.

I look at him in a different way then that character we see on TV. After my divorce, I dated a woman for a few years who went to school with Jon at the University of Dayton. She loved him, said he was the most down to earth athlete on the campus, and they remained life long friends. She stayed in touch with him as long as I was with her, which was up until just a few years ago. Hearing about that side of him makes me want to see him do well out there in Oakland, but yeah, even I sometimes laugh at the whole "Chucky" thing he has going on... 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This is the key to the Raiders future right here.  Methinks that Gruden's "Ying" tells him that Mayock's hiring was a good sound football decision, and will be an integral part to the drafting and personnel decisions.  What needs to be watched is  Gruden's " Yang" that will tell him that he knows better, will revert to a petulant child at the first sign of adversity, and will steer the boat into the rocks when things don't go as planned. In my opinion, knowing Gruden, "Yang" will win, and the Raiders, their fan base and ultimately Gruden will lose.

By the way I would have loved to have seen McKenzie come here, but knew that was never going to happen.

My dream was to can Macc, bring in McKenzie, and tell him to go get McCarthy. Oh well....?

10 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

How did Gruden handle another prima donna W/R like Keyshawn?? Not to well

I honestly don't remember how that relationship went. I do remember that they won a Super Bowl together so there's that.  :)  

I'm just honored that you made it all the way to the bottom of my wordy post Savage!  lol 

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If Brown is worried about his statistics then the Raiders are one of the worst teams to go to. They don't have a modern offense. He'll be used mostly as a decoy to open up the running game

He just needs to ask Randy Moss about his time with the Raiders. People thought he was washed until he went to the Patriots. 

27 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I honestly don't remember how that relationship went. I do remember that they won a Super Bowl together so there's that.  :)  

I'm just honored that you made it all the way to the bottom of my wordy post Savage!  lol 

Outspoken wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson will play no more football for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the team he helped lead to the Super Bowl championship last year. In a stunning move, the Bucs announced yesterday that he would be deactivated for the rest of the season and that his presence is no longer required at the team's training facility or the remaining six games.

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Outspoken wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson will play no more football for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the team he helped lead to the Super Bowl championship last year. In a stunning move, the Bucs announced yesterday that he would be deactivated for the rest of the season and that his presence is no longer required at the team's training facility or the remaining six games.

Sounds like Gruden handled it.  :) 

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’ve said the same thing so many times. I’m done wasting my time arguing with guys who are so down on Gruden they can’t see the forest for the trees.

Come back in three years and rip him if they screw up all these picks. Right now though, just let it play out.

I too have a strange trust in what Gruden is doing.

Im glad AB isn't a Jet or Bill , Hes a headache on and off the field. Jets need a solid vet who will produce and teach the young receiver core the ins and outs of winning. Kearse is a good player but hes not the #1 or 2. Anderson needs a true vet who will take away some coverage while Kearse and Enuwa pick apart the crossings and outs. 

8 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Yes... Balls to do it.. Tanny would have made the trade somehow... Mac doesn't have the gumption to make super risky trades like this

Name the trade he didn't have the balls to make, the FA he was afraid to pay.  This is nonsense.  How many teams are in the running for him?  Are all those teams lacking the gumption to make an offer?  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Name the trade he didn't have the balls to make, the FA he was afraid to pay.  This is nonsense.  How many teams are in the running for him?  Are all those teams lacking the gumption to make an offer?  

He could have traded up in the draft to grab Alvin Kamara and he failed Mike Maccagina. 

Report: Jets officials upset at GM Mike Maccagnan for not trading up to draft Alvin Kamara

ADAM SPENCER | 2 YEARS AGO

Though the New York Jets used their first three picks in the 2017 NFL Draft to select former SEC stars (LSU S Jamal Adams, Florida S Marcus Maye and Alabama WR ArDarius Stewart), certain team officials would have liked to see one more.

As former Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara continued to stay on the board, there was some noise in the Jets’ draft room calling for GM Mike Maccagnan to make a move.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, many within the Jets’ organization wanted to see the team trade up in the third round to get Kamara, but he decided to hold on to the picks he already had and watched as the New Orleans Saints traded up to select the former Volunteer:

“The bottom line: There were important people in the organization who wanted to make an aggressive play to draft the big-play back, but the final decision maker opted to take the safer, more deliberate route, sources said,” the report reads. “The fortune-favors-the-bold crowd took a back seat to the draft-pick hoarder.”

To be fair, one could question whether the Jets are in a position where they should trade up for anyone. Entering the 2017 season, they aren’t exactly expected to be good, so Maccagnan’s strategy of hoarding draft picks may be in the team’s best interest in the long run.

However, watching as Kamara has put up 118 yards and a touchdown on only 10 touches while working with the Saints’ first team this preseason has been difficult for those who wanted to see him in New York.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He could have traded up in the draft to grab Alvin Kamara and he failed Mike Maccagina. 

Report: Jets officials upset at GM Mike Maccagnan for not trading up to draft Alvin Kamara

ADAM SPENCER | 2 YEARS AGO

Though the New York Jets used their first three picks in the 2017 NFL Draft to select former SEC stars (LSU S Jamal Adams, Florida S Marcus Maye and Alabama WR ArDarius Stewart), certain team officials would have liked to see one more.

As former Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara continued to stay on the board, there was some noise in the Jets’ draft room calling for GM Mike Maccagnan to make a move.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, many within the Jets’ organization wanted to see the team trade up in the third round to get Kamara, but he decided to hold on to the picks he already had and watched as the New Orleans Saints traded up to select the former Volunteer:

“The bottom line: There were important people in the organization who wanted to make an aggressive play to draft the big-play back, but the final decision maker opted to take the safer, more deliberate route, sources said,” the report reads. “The fortune-favors-the-bold crowd took a back seat to the draft-pick hoarder.”

To be fair, one could question whether the Jets are in a position where they should trade up for anyone. Entering the 2017 season, they aren’t exactly expected to be good, so Maccagnan’s strategy of hoarding draft picks may be in the team’s best interest in the long run.

However, watching as Kamara has put up 118 yards and a touchdown on only 10 touches while working with the Saints’ first team this preseason has been difficult for those who wanted to see him in New York.

And what does not thinking it was worth the move up have to do with what we were discussing?  Where's all the examples of times they want a GM to move up, the deal isn't made and the player sucks?  Nothing is proving he didn't have the balls, he WRONGLY didn't see the value, screwed up.  Happens every friggen draft.  It's the draft. 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And what does not thinking it was worth the move up have to do with what we were discussing?  Where's all the examples of times they want a GM to move up, the deal isn't made and the player sucks?  Nothing is proving he didn't have the balls, he WRONGLY didn't see the value, screwed up.  Happens every friggen draft.  It's the draft. 

I just named the trade he didn't have the ball to make..........................

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I just named the trade he didn't have the ball to make..........................

No, you saw a trade he didn't make and are think that means he did have the balls to make it.  You named nothing that proves anything.  As imdaid and you didn't get, he could just as easily thought he wasn't worth what it would have cost to get him.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you saw a trade he didn't make and are think that means he did have the balls to make it.  You named nothing that proves anything.  As imdaid and you didn't get, he could just as easily thought he wasn't worth what it would have cost to get him.  

I proved you WRONG and you know it MOVE ON you defended Macc plain and simple. 

Maccaganan not pulling the trigger moving up to get Kamara was out of fear he sucks. 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I proved you WRONG and you know it MOVE ON you defended Macc plain and simple. 

Maccaganan not pulling the trigger moving up to get Kamara was out of fear he sucks. 

You have no idea what you are talking about.  It doesn't take balls to trade up in the 3rd round, are you kidding.  You've proven nothing more than what want to believe, good for you.  Don't tell me to move on or that I'm defending anyone.  Can you ever make a rational argument?  

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Done named it. 

One more time you picked out a trade he didn't make and decided he didn't because he didn't have the balls to make it.  

If you don't see the difference, think you actually proved something, it's on you. 

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They failed to get Mack when he was available. Finished 2nd in that trade. I don't know about you but I'd rather have Mack then any of the guys at #3 this year and whatever 1st round pick we have next year.

They wanted Fowler at the deadline and got beat on that one.

Has failed to trade back in every draft in the 1st round when arguably the best player slid to them even though the roster was super thin each year.

He is a passive GM, that flies in the face of everything they need to be this off-season and next. Don't be shocked when the Jets end up with 1 premium player and a bunch of second tier guys. I hope not but it's about 50/50 that it will happen.

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’ve said the same thing so many times. I’m done wasting my time arguing with guys who are so down on Gruden they can’t see the forest for the trees.

Come back in three years and rip him if they screw up all these picks. Right now though, just let it play out.

The problem is that one of the items on their draft list will be pass rusher.  Teams dream of finding the next Khalil Mack, and even with a great pass rushing class like we have this year, its extremely unlikely there will be another Mack when all is said and done.  Mack is a future HOFer.  That's how good he is.  You don't trade him when he's still in his prime, even if you're a rebuilding team.  Because he's simply too rare of a  commodity.  

I was fine with their other moves, including the Cooper trade.  But dealing Mack made no sense, despite what they got back for him.  Not every trade of a veteran player for draft assets is a good one simply because you're "starting from scratch".

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Me thinks gruden is alot smarter than your average football fan and some coaches. He probably saw Mack as a cancer in the locker room and knew that big money was not something he was interested in paying. He knew he was a good player but also knew he could draft his own studs. He probably didn't want to build team around macc.

What evidence is out there that suggests Mack was a "cancer"?

And its laughable to praise trading Mack, even in that light, while simultaneously praising a potential trade for Antonio Brown.

20 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They failed to get Mack when he was available. Finished 2nd in that trade. I don't know about you but I'd rather have Mack then any of the guys at #3 this year and whatever 1st round pick we have next year.

They wanted Fowler at the deadline and got beat on that one.

Has failed to trade back in every draft in the 1st round when arguably the best player slid to them even though the roster was super thin each year.

He is a passive GM, that flies in the face of everything they need to be this off-season and next. Don't be shocked when the Jets end up with 1 premium player and a bunch of second tier guys. I hope not but it's about 50/50 that it will happen.

Am I going to say this is unfair and stick up for Mac? I am. Raiders placed a high premium on any AFC team that wanted Mac. It wasn’t realistic for us and the extra trade compensation that it would have cost us is what stood in our way. I don’t think this is a good example of Mac’s ineptitude.

I hate Mac more than anyone and there are plenty of terrible moves. I purposely go out of my way to be fair and give him credit or not kill him for certain things like this so all the brainless pro-Mac lemmings don’t have a leg to stand on in their arguments. They think it’s some unfair bias against Mac but he is truly THAT terrible even when you give him passes for things like this Khalil Mack trade falling through. 

Archived