Antonio Brown says he is about to announce his new team in a bit.

Lupz27

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Blah blah blah you defending Jet Nut LMFAO

Didn't you 2 guys/girls  also defend Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

I hated him.  WTF are you talking about? I wanted Geno to play over that waste of time.  Are you ever right about anything?  

You were wrong about Macc and tried to twist what I said into defending him.

You were wrong about @Mogglez and are trying to twist what he said into defending me.

Maybe you should try and type something thats actually true.  

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Always a good Saturday night when Jet Nut and joewily argue without know what they are arguing about yet.

No argument a misunderstanding.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Remember the old "you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him'" line from Dan Patrick?

That's our boy @joewilly12

Im not your boy. :D

After the Failed Trade With the Bills, Where Do Antonio Brown and the Steelers Go From Here?

Brown has made clear that he wants out of Pittsburgh, but what teams fit his requirements to make a deal?
By ROBERT KLEMKO 
March 08, 2019

In the aftermath of a very public flirtation between the Steelers and the Bills over a possible trade of Antonio Brown that fell through, where do the Steelers go from here?

The Steelers have until March 17 to trade Brown before his $2.5 million roster bonus kicks in. With the new league year starting March 13, one of the teams contending for Brown may realize their free-agent targets aren’t likely to commit, opening up theoretical cap space for a Brown deal. But that’s assuming there’s a team willing to take a leap of faith on Brown, who has cut off communication this offseason with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, himself a Super Bowl-winning quarterback on a contending team.

Brown can essentially opt out of any potential trade by pledging not to report to his new team, as he reportedly did with the Bills, and Albert Breer reports Brown is seeking an extension that would make him football’s highest-paid receiver. Those two factors combine to dramatically narrow the pool of teams available to the Steelers as a trade partner, which could in turn potentially drive down his asking price.

If Brown wants to play with a Super Bowl-caliber quarterback on a team with the cap space to satisfy his contract requests, it’s a short list: The Colts are the only team with cap space that’s better than the league average and a quarterback who has been to multiple Pro Bowls. As for teams with quarterbacks on the rise, Houston, San Francisco, Cleveland and the Jets each have more than $60 million in cap space at the moment.

The more likely scenario, in my estimation, is that Brown plays for the Steelers in 2019. With three years and $39 million left on his contract, there are provisions in the CBA which would require Brown to hand back more than $10 million in signing bonuses if he chooses to sit out the 2019 season rather than play under his current deal.

The Steelers would like to move Brown, but accepting less than a first-round pick—the Cowboys gave up a first-rounder for Amari Cooper in a trade with the Raiders—won’t sit well with a franchise that hates setting bad precedents in contract squabbles, and is already looking somewhat impotent after this Bills deal fell through. Pittsburgh has been known to be a player-friendly team, making it crucial to set boundaries and draw the line somewhere. Giving up Brown for a third- or a fourth-round pick would send mixed messages.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Actually making the trade was obviously Macc and his friends, but the mandate from ownership was to go get a QB. Without that mandate do you believe that he makes that trade? I don't.

The problem with McCagnon is he has no balls, period. Its obvious he let Bowles prejudice him on what should have been his picks. A true GM decides what is best for the team and as such does the right thing. This guy lets people influence his decisions and should be held responsible for them. As far as him being the bottom line he should have been fired with Bowles, period!!

54 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Always a good Saturday night when Jet Nut and joewily argue without know what they are arguing about yet.

I just enjoy making you waste your time and energy worrying about what I post.   

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Pittsburgh is sort of screwed. Why would you offer more than a third? He's likely to be cut before the roster bonus anyway and he WILL demand a new deal. If you really want him, get him as a FA. Call the Steelers bluff

I don't think they'll release him under any circumstance.  If he continues to twist their balls, it becomes more personal than it is already. I think the organization would love to screw him. The  Rooneys  stepped in and gave him the latitude to seek out a trading partner, as a good faith gesture, and an effort to get past this stain on the team. If this fails, the Rooneys  won't be happy, I'd expect.

Cutting him pre June 1st only saves the 2.5 million roster bonus.  Big deal. If he "retires" or refuses to report, I'm sure that money would be recouped.  The Steelers should be in no hurry after the roster bonus kicks in to do anything.  He's under contract. They are already in a bad position. They can designate  him as a did not report, voluntary retired, when the time comes, if he continues down this road.

The Steelers can recoup a prorated portion of the original signing bonus, under the "Barry Sanders Rule".  There is a precedent.  They can refuse to pay his salary, if he refuses a trade and does not report.  He'll need the money more than they will. Who can best absorb the hit better, a punk malcontent with a limited shelf life, or a Billion Dollar Enterprise with an endless timetable for regaining lost stature and capitol?

1 hour ago, King P said:

He may not have been verbally told by upper management, but I remember you basically alluded to the fact that Macc was going to draft a QB come hell or high water in an attempt to sell them on keeping him for longer (basically saving his own behind).

And I think maybe that's what he meant by a mandate. Macc felt the pressure/need to get his guy in the draft

Well I can confirm that he wasn't verbally told anything, and my understanding is that is what was being debated so that's really why I chimed in at all.

TBQH, like or hate Macc, he got it done because of that pressure and he deserves credit for it.  That's all I'm really saying.

19 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I don't think they'll release him under any circumstance.  If he continues to twist their balls, it becomes more personal than it is already. I think the organization would love to screw him. The  Rooneys  stepped in and gave him the latitude to seek out a trading partner, as a good faith gesture, and an effort to get past this stain on the team. If this fails, the Rooneys  won't be happy, I'd expect.

Cutting him pre June 1st only saves the 2.5 million roster bonus.  Big deal. If he "retires" or refuses to report, I'm sure that money would be recouped.  The Steelers should be in no hurry after the roster bonus kicks in to do anything.  He's under contract. They are already in a bad position. They can designate  him as a did not report, voluntary retired, when the time comes, if he continues down this road.

The Steelers can recoup a prorated portion of the original signing bonus, under the "Barry Sanders Rule".  There is a precedent.  They can refuse to pay his salary, if he refuses a trade and does not report.  He'll need the money more than they will. Who can best absorb the hit better, a punk malcontent with a limited shelf life, or a Billion Dollar Enterprise with an endless timetable for regaining lost stature and capitol?

I agree with you Joe, but if we've learned anything the last few years, these divas always land on their feet.

Look at the La Canfora thing, and if its credible, you have to ask yourself, who's going to want to get involved with this guy? I normally take the players side in a lot of these things, and I did with Bell. This is different though. Brown is just hard to defend in any way shape or form. The sad thing is it only takes one team to sign on, and then the guy gets his way. I'd love to see this all blow up in his face though.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I just enjoy making you waste your time and energy worrying about what I post.   

Trust me, @Integrity28 uses up WAY more time and energy pooping than he does worrying about knuckleheads on the internet.

Like, WAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the average hooman. A solid 65% of his day is spent pooping. He needs to consume 3000 calories a day just so he can poop without passing out.

24 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Trust me, @Integrity28 uses up WAY more time and energy pooping than he does worrying about knuckleheads on the internet.

Like, WAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the average hooman. A solid 65% of his day is spent pooping. He needs to consume 3000 calories a day just so he can poop without passing out.

So he's as full of sh*t as the rest of us. Nice.

Archived