Hello Everyone

DMaynard

I am back. I had heart surgery three and a half years ago, and having not died, and not wishing to go soon, I decided to make some changes. Changed my diet, have worked out like a demon, dating younger women, you know, all of the right things. :-)
I recognize some names here, but there are a lot of new ones. Or my memory is worse than I think. For those that remember me, I have been a Jets fan since 1965, somewhat of a homer, and am sarcastic most of the time. I have to catch up on the Jets. Between my recovery and their terribleness the last few years, I have not followed them or football at all. 
I am ready for some football.

5 minutes ago, DMaynard said:

I am back. I had heart surgery three and a half years ago, and having not died, and not wishing to go soon, I decided to make some changes. Changed my diet, have worked out like a demon, dating younger women, you know, all of the right things. :-)
I recognize some names here, but there are a lot of new ones. Or my memory is worse than I think. For those that remember me, I have been a Jets fan since 1965, somewhat of a homer, and am sarcastic most of the time. I have to catch up on the Jets. Between my recovery and their terribleness the last few years, I have not followed them or football at all. 

You didn't miss much except getting a franchise QB!

6 minutes ago, DMaynard said:

Welcome back!

Just to help you catch up on what you've missed. We now have a Pro Bowl Safety and a potential franchise QB. Other then that we still suck.

Oh wait. We DID sign some special teams demon. I'm told we stole him from the Bears. So there's that!

24 minutes ago, DMaynard said:

Welcome back and please take care of yourself.  Football is down the list in priorities in life.

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

Glad you're back and hopefully feeling well. Honestly, though, I doubt the Jets are on your doctors recovery plan .?

Thanks. And good point. They could be the reason for the problem in the first place. :-)

20 minutes ago, section314 said:

Glad you're back and hopefully feeling well. Honestly, though, I doubt the Jets are on your doctors recovery plan .?

Yeah, watching a Jets game will not put any stress on your ventricles ?

1 minute ago, Mark78 said:

Ever hear of Hackenberg?  He just won the SB for another team

You're kidding? I did see him in practice once. He would overthrow a screen pass by about ten feet over the head of the RB. He must have finally solved that.

Just now, Warfish said:

Welcome back.  Nice to hear you're not dead.  Your post would be really weird if you were.

The night before the surgery the lead doctor gave me the usual "now I have to tell you, you seem strong, but there is a one to two percent chance you may die in surgery. Here, sign this".

Then I told the doctor "well then I have to tell you, there is a one to two percent chance my ghost will haunt the sh*t out of you".

He then said "oh boy, I think this one is going to be OK".

46 minutes ago, DMaynard said:

Best wishes.  Glad you are feeling better.  And your timing is good.

One thing I am curious about if someone would like to help me out. Leonard Williams. I remember he was a highly touted DT that the Jets picked with a high #1 draft choice. I remember his rookie season being OK. He seemed more than decent against the run, but not as quick or agile on the pass rush as I was expecting based upon the hype. Just looking at his stats, it looks like he improved in his second year but has not improved since then. Of course, that's just looking at stats.

What's the real story on this guy? Just OK but a disappointment given the expectations?

8 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Good to see you back, Don.  Wondered where you were.

Yes, when my doctor found out I was a Jets fan, he recommended taking at least 3 years off before going back to that stress. Been rehabing from the heart surgery. I can still do 4.3.

In ten yards. :-)

Welcome back buddy! Glad to hear about the improvement to your health.
I took 2years off from the stress of the jets too. Came back when I heard we may get a QB!

The good news is nothing happened you need to worry about. The bad news? Nothing happened you need to care about. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived